U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:19 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You are so not even of this planet it's pathetic. Spanish is ebonics? I see, so to you it's not a real language. Personally, your posts on this forum are gutters full of garbage. You're ridiculous.
You are entitled to your opinions and so I am. I won't reduce you to tears by personally attacking you. I stand by my feeling that spanish and ebonics are one and the same. Ghetto.Gutter. languages whose acceptance should not be forced upon any American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 02:20 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
So do I. It was his finest hour of hispandering to date. Obama is nothing more than a political pimp and corporate slave who will do and say anything for a vote and to maintain his escalating personal wealth.
Very sad, isn't it? McCain is no better. Too bad we have two candidates running who care more about other countries than the country that they want to be president of.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:23 PM

2,257 posts, read 3,454,145 times
I understand the advantages of symbolic interaction that learning a second language can bring to a childs academic development. Personally I'd rather my children spend the time drilling advanced math or science. uh...

senator

Old 08-18-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Very sad, isn't it? McCain is no better. Too bad we have two candidates running who care more about other countries than the country that they want to be president of.
Agreed. Which is why I will be writing in my 3rd party candidate of choice. I've waited a long time to see a black person of Obama's caliber as a legitimate, capable leader of the free world. I admire the fact that he is intelligent, articulate and I believe that he is capable of working across the aisle. It's unfortunate that I don't trust him and will not live to see Dr. King's dream come true. I have no doubt that he is an OBL puppet and even worse nothing more than a pandering politician.

McShame is a whole nother topic.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:36 PM

838 posts, read 902,923 times
No. The only language that "needs" to be spoken in the united states is english. All others are optional. If someone comes here, they need to learn the language.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
No. The only language that "needs" to be spoken in the united states is english. All others are optional. If someone comes here, they need to learn the language.
I couldn't agree more. The fact that the corporate masters are cramming it down our throats by forcing us to press 2 for English has only served to make me hate the sound of it and determined to die and go to hell before I ever learn it.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:43 PM

838 posts, read 902,923 times
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. The fact that the corporate masters are cramming it down our throats by forcing us to press 2 for English has only served to make me hate the sound of it and determined to die and go to hell before I ever learn it.
SAME HERE. In fact, I REFUSE to. A lot of people feel this way too....most are just too afraid to voice their opinion. Goodness, the USA , can be such a pushover country.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:47 PM

349 posts, read 573,684 times
Quote:
Spanish is the equivalent of ebonics. As far as I'm concerned both are gutter sounding languages.
Why do you think that? Ebonics is a slang version of English, whereas Spanish is a language unto itself with a long and rich history.

Like Italian and Portuguese, it is a descendant of Latin, and many classical works have been produced in it.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:48 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
[quote=page3000;4905468]SAME HERE. In fact, I REFUSE to. A lot of people feel this way too....most are just too afraid to voice their opinion. Goodness, the USA , can be such a pushover country.[/QUOTE]

And that is a huge part of the problem!

Old 08-18-2008, 02:49 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
However there is definitely a slang-laden version of uneducated Spanish being spoken by many of 'the immigrants'.

I once was called a racist by a lofty type in DC when I mentioned that some speak "Spanglish".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or