Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 03:52 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,518,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You are entitled to your opinions and so I am. I won't reduce you to tears by personally attacking you. I stand by my feeling that spanish and ebonics are one and the same. Ghetto.Gutter. languages whose acceptance should not be forced upon any American.
Reduce me to tears?????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 03:56 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,437,406 times
Quote:
You are entitled to your opinions and so I am. I won't reduce you to tears by personally attacking you. I stand by my feeling that spanish and ebonics are one and the same. Ghetto.Gutter. languages whose acceptance should not be forced upon any American.
Your opinion is very trollish. Spanish = Ebonics that's a new one.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:57 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,149,134 times
My foster daughter did not want to take Spanish - she wanted to take French in High School - and she excelled in it. Now that she is at the University, she is continuing with her French studies -

I saw no reason why she should be forced to take a language she did not want to ....

Old 08-18-2008, 04:05 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,638,296 times
Quote:
I think you're being sarcastic. I really hope I am right because Spanish is a beautiful language with a rich literary history. Some of the most beautiful cities in the world (Buenos Aires, Madrid) are Hispanophone!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:09 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,301,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I see, so because you don't agree w/ my post, you think I didn't make a point. If you re-read it, you would see that I did. My point? Great that you're fluent in 4 languages, however spanish is not one of them. Because of the high number of spanish speakers not only here but in other countries, it seems to me that it would be beneficial to learn the language. It's called "adapting"....as other countries around the world require english as a second language in school, it would benefit our country to require spanish as a second language. Do you understand now?
The problem with comprehension was not on my part. Apparently you are clueless as to what I was pointing out. Feel free to insert your head firmly back into the sand.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:12 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,518,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The problem with comprehension was not on my part. Apparently you are clueless as to what I was pointing out. Feel free to insert your head firmly back into the sand.
And why would I do that? You are the one who clearly does not understand my posts. Sorry about that, maybe you should relearn english??

Old 08-18-2008, 04:13 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,301,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
And why would I do that? You are the one who clearly does not understand my posts. Sorry about that, maybe you should relearn english??
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Psst, how about if you stop focusing on my specific case, and actually address the point that I made? Oh that's right, you can't.
D'oh!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:14 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,149,134 times
Perhaps "certain" people should try not being so rude and condesending to others!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:15 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,375,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I think you're being sarcastic. I really hope I am right because Spanish is a beautiful language with a rich literary history. Some of the most beautiful cities in the world (Buenos Aires, Madrid) are Hispanophone!

Sorry, not trying to offend (especially you since you are one of my favorite posters). The fact that spanish has been crammed down my throat at every turn has made me hate the sound of it as much as I hate ebonics. So much so, I hate the sound of both.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:21 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,098,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Mexican Indian spanish is not as pleasent to my ears as the other spanish spoken in other spanish speaking countries like Spain, Cuba, and P. Rico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration