U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2008, 06:43 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Great news. Now a qualified American can have the slot.

Wow-he is considering a return to Mexico. Bingo! Proof that if we sealed our border, enforced laws and cut off ALL benefits to illegal aliens-most would self-deport!

I am just curious-how is he working full-time if he is an illegal alien?
Once again proof that attrition through enforcement works!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2008, 07:08 PM
 
4,089 posts, read 4,597,840 times
Reputation: 1251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyAngel View Post
She explain to me that her friend work on scrap metal to get money for her school
FOXNews.com - Scrap-Metal Theft a Growing Global Problem - U.S. & World

House GOP announces plan to fight metal theft - The Oregon Catalyst

http://vote29.com/drupal/?q=node/638

I bet she's a hard worker, though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2008, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyAngel View Post
okay well, I dont see how thats good news, when my daughter's friend who is illegal and also goes with her to college told me that she was illegal I couldnt believe it, I try to tell my daughter to stop hanging out with her,now that I think about it I was stupid, anyway my daughter told me that she and others were friends with her because she was cool. I couldnt really think what was so cool about it until she told me what her friend did to pay her tuition, She explain to me that her friend work on scrap metal to get money for her school , when my daughter told me that I couldnt believe it, and that she had to pay as twice as much as her for her schooling. So I try to get to know her more, and the more I got to know the more I liked her, she wasnt a bad influence, nor a bad girl, neither was her family, and to my surprise I learn that her parents were actually paying taxes, and were actually doing everything else as legal as they could. So I ask you again, its this really fair for everybody. No I dont think so. Heck they should def. secure our borders, and see what we can do with the rest of the illegals, I propose that the gov' should get certain qualifications for those people and if they can't qualify than they should be deported.
Aside from the insolence demonstrated by the illegal immigrants' 'rights' marches of two years ago---------the biggest strike against the above are their sheer numbers. If we were discussing 100-200K illegals; that would be one thing---------------upwards of 7 million not counting their US born Anchor Babies is not acceptable and the anger by us Americans against them is now too great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem
Great news. Now a qualified American can have the slot.

Wow-he is considering a return to Mexico. Bingo! Proof that if we sealed our border, enforced laws and cut off ALL benefits to illegal aliens-most would self-deport!

I am just curious-how is he working full-time if he is an illegal alien?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
He works for his dad---thats how
In other words, the government is issuing business licenses to illegal aliens in violation of our laws; or the dad has stolen an identity, or is using fake ID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyAngel View Post
okay well, I dont see how thats good news, when my daughter's friend who is illegal and also goes with her to college told me that she was illegal I couldnt believe it, I try to tell my daughter to stop hanging out with her,now that I think about it I was stupid, anyway my daughter told me that she and others were friends with her because she was cool. I couldnt really think what was so cool about it until she told me what her friend did to pay her tuition, She explain to me that her friend work on scrap metal to get money for her school , when my daughter told me that I couldnt believe it, and that she had to pay as twice as much as her for her schooling. So I try to get to know her more, and the more I got to know the more I liked her, she wasnt a bad influence, nor a bad girl, neither was her family, and to my surprise I learn that her parents were actually paying taxes, and were actually doing everything else as legal as they could. So I ask you again, its this really fair for everybody. No I dont think so. Heck they should def. secure our borders, and see what we can do with the rest of the illegals, I propose that the gov' should get certain qualifications for those people and if they can't qualify than they should be deported.
How do you think her parents are paying taxes? Given the fact that it is a violation of our immigration laws for an illegal alien to work in this country, if her parents are in fact paying taxes (did you see their tax returns?) they are either using a stolen SSN, or some other fraudulent means for employment.

This girl’s family is no exception, and should not be absolved of their crimes. They all have a sob story to tell. They all have myriad justifications for circumventing our laws. The fact that you consider this girl “nice” changes nothing. I personally know a “nice” drug dealer. However, at the end of the day, he is still a criminal; and I would feel no compassion for him if law enforcement put an end to his lucrative illegal enterprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 08:01 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How do you think her parents are paying taxes? Given the fact that it is a violation of our immigration laws for an illegal alien to work in this country, if her parents are in fact paying taxes (did you see their tax returns?) they are either using a stolen SSN, or some other fraudulent means for employment.

This girl’s family is no exception, and should not be absolved of their crimes. They all have a sob story to tell. They all have myriad justifications for circumventing our laws. The fact that you consider this girl “nice” changes nothing. I personally know a “nice” drug dealer. However, at the end of the day, he is still a criminal; and I would feel no compassion for him if law enforcement put an end to his lucrative illegal enterprise.
Great analogy. Illegal entry merely serves as the precursor to perpetual criminal activity in order to remain in this country illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 08:03 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In other words, the government is issuing business licenses to illegal aliens in violation of our laws; or the dad has stolen an identity, or is using fake ID.

Or simply running an illegal business masquerading as a legit one and working under the table across the board.

Many in the housing repair trade were pulling it off.

Talk about paying zero taxes besides sales tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Great analogy. Illegal entry merely serves as the precursor to perpetual criminal activity in order to remain in this country illegally.
Absolutely. They have no regard for any of our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Or simply running an illegal business masquerading as a legit one and working under the table across the board.

Many in the housing repair trade were pulling it off.

Talk about paying zero taxes besides sales tax.
They are astute lawbreakers who are using this country to the max. They enter this country well-versed on how to beat the system. If they were paying their share of taxes, they would not have billions to send back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 08:40 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Or simply running an illegal business masquerading as a legit one and working under the table across the board.

Many in the housing repair trade were pulling it off.

Talk about paying zero taxes besides sales tax.
The same can be said for many of the mortgage lenders/banks. Wells Fargo, Bank of the Aliens (aka Bank of America), solicited and granted non-documentation "home loans" to illegal aliens.

As a result, our tax dollars are paying for their bail out. To date 10 banks (and counting) have gone under.

Quote:
NEW YORK - Integrity Bank of Alpharetta, Ga., on Friday became the 10th U.S. bank to fail so far this year, done in by the very business it was built on — real estate lending.Regions Bank of Birmingham, Ala., is assuming all of Integrity Bank's $974 million in insured and uninsured deposits in 23,000 accounts, and about $34.4 million of the bank's $1.1 billion in assets.
The remainder of Integrity's total assets are being retained by the FDIC. The FDIC said it estimates that Integrity's failure will cost its deposit insurance fund $250 million to $350 million.

Integrity Bank of Alpharetta, Ga., fails - MSNBC Wire Services - CNBC.com (broken link)
It will be interesting to see how many of these crooks are prosecuted. I won't hold my breath though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top