U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:58 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The same can be said for many of the mortgage lenders/banks. Wells Fargo, Bank of the Aliens (aka Bank of America), solicited and granted non-documentation "home loans" to illegal aliens.

As a result, our tax dollars are paying for their bail out. To date 10 banks (and counting) have gone under.

It will be interesting to see how many of these crooks are prosecuted. I won't hold my breath though.

To think that an Illegal Alien could buy land or a house in the US, using unconscionable lenders, bends then breaks every code of ethics the lenders are sworn to upkeep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 10:10 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyAngel View Post
okay well, I dont see how thats good news, when my daughter's friend who is illegal and also goes with her to college told me that she was illegal I couldnt believe it, I try to tell my daughter to stop hanging out with her,now that I think about it I was stupid, anyway my daughter told me that she and others were friends with her because she was cool. I couldnt really think what was so cool about it until she told me what her friend did to pay her tuition, She explain to me that her friend work on scrap metal to get money for her school , when my daughter told me that I couldnt believe it, and that she had to pay as twice as much as her for her schooling. So I try to get to know her more, and the more I got to know the more I liked her, she wasnt a bad influence, nor a bad girl, neither was her family, and to my surprise I learn that her parents were actually paying taxes, and were actually doing everything else as legal as they could. So I ask you again, its this really fair for everybody. No I dont think so. Heck they should def. secure our borders, and see what we can do with the rest of the illegals, I propose that the gov' should get certain qualifications for those people and if they can't qualify than they should be deported.

DREAMie on, hahahaha!!!!! When you met the supposed parents of your supposed daughter's supposed friend, they made a point of explaining to you that they pay taxes?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Anyone who actually has kids would never talk about what is "fair" - that is child's talk.

I call shenanigans on this new poster.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:20 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

DREAMie on, hahahaha!!!!! When you met the supposed parents of your supposed daughter's supposed friend, they made a point of explaining to you that they pay taxes?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Anyone who actually has kids would never talk about what is "fair" - that is child's talk.

I call shenanigans on this new poster.
It appears the DREAMies are coming out of the woodwork lately. Can you say.......DESPERATION?! I am waiting with bated breath for the emergence of the next one.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Or simply running an illegal business masquerading as a legit one and working under the table across the board.

Many in the housing repair trade were pulling it off.

Talk about paying zero taxes besides sales tax.
I think some of the "dreamies" who post on here claiming that they pay "taxes" don't understand the difference between the sales tax they pay on their happy meals at McD's and the taxes actual Americans pay on their income and property. To them, the $4.09 they paid on their pair of 7 for Mankind jeans is the same as the $3500+ a year I pay on property tax alone. Living at home with their illegal parents, and having their illegal mommies and daddies never around, they skipped that explanation. Maybe we could start a tax education series in Spanish that would air between telenovelas and Sabado Gigante.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:29 AM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Quote:
I think some of the "dreamies" who post on here claiming that they pay "taxes" don't understand the difference between the sales tax they pay on their happy meals at McD's and the taxes actual Americans pay on their income and property. To them, the $4.09 they paid on their pair of 7 for Mankind jeans is the same as the $3500+ a year I pay on property tax alone. Living at home with their illegal parents, and having their illegal mommies and daddies never around, they skipped that explanation. Maybe we could start a tax education series in Spanish that would air between telenovelas and Sabado Gigante.
I guess you're more credible than MSNBC.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24054024/

Old 09-05-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I guess you also don't know the difference between sales tax...oh nevermind. Wait until the tax education show comes on Telemundo and I'll explain it there.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:35 AM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Quote:
I guess you also don't know the difference between sales tax...oh nevermind. Wait until the tax education show comes on Telemundo and I'll explain it there.
Than I also don't know that our California sales tax will be increased as well. Oh my! .

Old 09-05-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Than I also don't know that our California sales tax will be increased as well. Oh my! .
My point was that dreamies don't know that "paying taxes" isn't universal. paying tax on purchases doesn't = paying income/property tax.

You countered my point with an article about illegals paying taxes.

If you don't see that I'm talking apples and you're talking bananas then the problem is in your court.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:15 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyAngel View Post
okay well, I dont see how thats good news, when my daughter's friend who is illegal and also goes with her to college told me that she was illegal I couldnt believe it, I try to tell my daughter to stop hanging out with her,now that I think about it I was stupid, anyway my daughter told me that she and others were friends with her because she was cool. I couldnt really think what was so cool about it until she told me what her friend did to pay her tuition, She explain to me that her friend work on scrap metal to get money for her school , when my daughter told me that I couldnt believe it, and that she had to pay as twice as much as her for her schooling. So I try to get to know her more, and the more I got to know the more I liked her, she wasnt a bad influence, nor a bad girl, neither was her family, and to my surprise I learn that her parents were actually paying taxes, and were actually doing everything else as legal as they could. So I ask you again, its this really fair for everybody. No I dont think so. Heck they should def. secure our borders, and see what we can do with the rest of the illegals, I propose that the gov' should get certain qualifications for those people and if they can't qualify than they should be deported.
Time for a Wake Up Call, CurlyAngel

How in the world could the "Illegal Family" be paying taxes? Would you feel the same if they were using YOUR Social Security Account and other ID with their business?

Consider this . . . a close friend or family member is murdered (God forbid) and the case goes unsolved for ten plus years; then solved. Should the Common Criminal Thug, legal or otherwise, be excused and/or forgiven because he's been a nice guy for those ten years?

Illegals become Common Criminals as soon as they enter this country illegally and continue their criminal status with the use of Stolen IDs for employment as well as the abuse of our Social Systems.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Even though this thread is a mute point as the worker shouldn't be worrying about taxes, they shouldn't be working!

Regardless,

I guess they skipped the part about how they are being coached to make sure their employer signs them up as exempt so only a minimal amount is taken out. Max deductions would hit a taxpayer hard at the end of the year since they might owe a ton but if you don't file.....then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or