U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 10:50 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,001,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
We'll i have a Best Buy being built on my block right now and I have no plans to spend $$ in there.
So instead youll buy your electronics at a Wal Mart or something that actually hires illegals? lol. You guys have NO way of boycotting all businesses associated with illegal immigration.
And to boycott a business just for selling to illegals? Ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I worked for a summer in a very remote village in southern Mexico. Building toilets. This town was so small and so remote that we had to hitch several different vehicles to get there - 6 hours away from any city. 500 people in this town. One truck. One phone. Sporadic running. No one knew a bit of English. They were the poor people we were going to help by building outhouses and teaching basic medical care to.

This town also had 5 mezcal distilleries and _numerous_ satellite dishes stuck up on the roofs. There were two gigantic trash dumps that were regularly on fire, though trash was all over the street, too. I saw new tvs and even vcrs in the houses. It seemed like everyone ate (and, ahem, drank) rather well. And I was asked numerous times for help getting into the U.S. so that they could get "free cars, free houses, and free food/health care."

I wouldn't go to Best Buy, anyway. Their customer service sucks. I usually get great customer service at CC.
I call BS.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:58 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,180,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
So instead youll buy your electronics at a Wal Mart or something that actually hires illegals? lol. You guys have NO way of boycotting all businesses associated with illegal immigration.
There are other stores that do not hire illegals. Sorry illegals have not taken over every where and ever store. I personally buy my electronics from a local mom and pop store-not only do they price match the big guys but you get MUCH better service.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
There are other stores that do not hire illegals. Sorry illegals have not taken over every where and ever store. I personally buy my electronics from a local mom and pop store-not only do they price match the big guys but you get MUCH better service.
Im sorry, I havent seen a whole lot of mom and pop stores selling plasma tvs and other quality electronics.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:09 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,180,974 times
Quote:
Im sorry, I havent seen a whole lot of mom and pop stores selling plasma tvs and other quality electronics.
Well I do. There are two in my area. You see in NH which was a very rural place for many years only recently have big box stores come in-especially the farther north that you get. Before the big boxes came along-people needed some where to shop without having to drive into Massachusetts. So luckily, despite all the big boxes opening up, there are still local stores up here that are surviving.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:18 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Here's a link to the page to e-mail Best Buy. Illegals will spend hundreds and thousands at Best Buy but not contribute one dime to a hospital for their medical care--and you want amnesty. Best Buy was my main stop at Christmas. Until they denounce their deplorable decision, they will not get one more dime of my money. I hope you'll tell them the same thing.

BestBuy.com Contact Us Form
Thanks for the link. They just lost a very good customer, and I will be more than happy to inform them.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
It's one thing to "sell" to illegals. It's totally different to offer "credit" and overcharge others to recoup their losses. This is simply another abuse. They have no intentions of actually paying for anything. When credit is offered to illegals, they skip town with their goods. With the myriad aliases and fake ID's being used by illegals, creditors will NEVER locate them. As usual, legal citizens are left holding the bag.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It's one thing to "sell" to illegals. It's totally different to offer "credit" and overcharge others to recoup their losses. This is simply another abuse. They have no intentions of actually paying for anything. When credit is offered to illegals, they skip town with their goods. With the myriad aliases and fake ID's being used by illegals, creditors will NEVER locate them. As usual, legal citizens are left holding the bag.
Proof of this happening on a large scale? Or are you just speculating?

And how is this "simply another abuse"? You don't HAVE to shop at Best Buy. That place is expensive already, and I doubt it has anything to do with illegals ditching their payment planning. Just more crying over nothing.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Proof of this happening on a large scale? Or are you just speculating?

And how is this "simply another abuse"? You don't HAVE to shop at Best Buy. That place is expensive already, and I doubt it has anything to do with illegals ditching their payment planning. Just more crying over nothing.
Are you suggesting illegals will honor a credit agreement, when their entire existence in this country is based on lies and deception? They abuse EVERY service made available. Can you prove they aren't?

Old 08-19-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you suggesting illegals will honor a credit agreement, when their entire existence in this country is based on lies and deception? They abuse EVERY service made available. Can you prove they aren't?
THEY is not one group. They are individuals, not one mass organism that thinks and moves the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration