U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 12:05 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times

Advertisements

but his whole argument stinks. it seems he has a thing against mexico. he says that if they are too lazy, bla bla bla, they should be sent back to mexico...even if theyre not from mexico? i think a lot of this opinion on who recieves gov't assistance is tainted with xenophobia. but thats not anything new. as for WIC. it should be available for all US citizens. only. be they immigrant. asylumed(is that a word?) or whatever. if they are US citizens, then they can recieve help. it all has limits of course.

anyhow, i dont buy this idea that anyone was discriminated for not speaking spanish. the logic here is completely backwards. not being able to get an appt in english would only mean that too many people are seeking services in english. thats all that is.

and i have seen a community "being taken over" by immigrants. its thriving actually. i have no problem with that.

its not the immigrants that you all should have a problem with. its the trashy people who dont respect the neighborhood. and the reality is that people like that come in all shapes, sizes and colors. of course the argrument will be, "well we have enough trash of our own" right, so then lobby your border governors and other US politicos to build the fence quicker. they arent interested in doing that tho.

i honestly think its a losing battle for those opposed to illegal immigration.
until an effective immigration process exists(did you guys hear about those slave workers in el monte ca that were rescued in the mid 90's? i think the last lot of them just recieved citienship, after more than 12 or 13 years!!!) and until the borders are secured, nothing will change. but i dont have a problem with that really. i like my neighborhood of immigrants. anyhow. a lot of this is blown out of proportion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Malamute was not debating whether or not we should provide WIC to American citizen's-that is a whole other topic for heated discussion.

Malamute was saying that neither legal immigrants or illegal aliens should be receiving any kind of taxpayer handouts. I agree 100%.

Welfare-whether one thinks it should exist or not-should be for Americans only. If you want to justify the use of WIC and other welfare by American citizens-perhaps the Political and other Contriversies forum would be the appopriate place to debate that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 02:26 PM

570 posts, read 1,364,176 times
The RAZA power groups do not want them to learn English, regardless of what they claim out of their lying mouths. Being insistent on Spanish first works-it works in helping to turn the U.S. into Mexico. That is all these people care about--RAW POWER!!! Americans best stop sucking their thumbs, and wake up to reality. Do not vote for any Democrat unless they support enforcement through attrition. Vote out any Republican who consistently scr-ws you and works against your best interets as an American.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:43 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,273,527 times
I'll know the end is near when JDubsMom and Benicar are chatting in Spanish.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:32 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post

Shut up Crisp.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:05 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Well, I guess the end is near, given the fact that I have been chatting in Spanish since the 5th grade. Unless you meant JDubsMom and I chatting with each other. Now THAT would be a good indication of the end, or at least hell freezing over.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:51 PM

I meant exactly that! The nail will really be driven into the coffin when Southeast DC (I know you live in MD - Montgomery County? PG County?) is "overrun" by illegal immigrants.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I meant exactly that! The nail will really be driven into the coffin when Southeast DC (I know you live in MD - Montgomery County? PG County?) is "overrun" by illegal immigrants.
Thanks to the new laws being enforced in Northern VA, we have already been invaded by illegals. However, I can assure you, their presence will be brief. People are truly outraged, and are demanding action. Maryland also has a huge deficit, and cannot afford to support illegal aliens and their anchor babies. There are also too many affluent people in this area to be ignored. Contrary to popular belief, itís not just the poor who are now fed up.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:45 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Shut up crisp . . you're treading on thin ice now, consider yourself warned.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:48 PM

I know about Northern Virginia (have been there actually) but are there really a lot of illegal immigrants on the Maryland side of suburban DC? I haven't really heard or read about this so it's news to me.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I know about Northern Virginia (have been there actually) but are there really a lot of illegal immigrants on the Maryland side of suburban DC? I haven't really heard or read about this so it's news to me.
They haven't fully invaded all of suburban MD. They're primarily in the Takoma Park, Hyattsville, and Langley Park areas. They have also moved into previously black areas of Landover and Capitol Heights. Of course, there are many areas they simply can't afford to live in. Thank God!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or