U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-19-2008, 07:06 PM
 
3,368 posts, read 10,272,188 times
Reputation: 1675

Advertisements

Yeah... Montgomery County is pretty expensive so I don't think illegal immigrants will be "invading" there anytime soon. (I almost attended American University Law School and considered GW for undergrad so I did my fair share of research about the DC area )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-19-2008, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Reputation: 30377
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Yeah... Montgomery County is pretty expensive so I don't think illegal immigrants will be "invading" there anytime soon. (I almost attended American University Law School and considered GW for undergrad so I did my fair share of research about the DC area )
Are you kidding? Gaithersburg, Wheaton, and other parts of Montgomery County are filled with illegals. The exodus from exurban VA will only saturate Montgomery (Prince's Georges also) with more illegals. The MD exurbs (Anne Arundel Co, Frederick Co) are beginning to take action to protect themselves.

Price really dosen't make a difference with illegals. I live in Alexandria (not the part by Rt. 1 the actual city limits on the West End) and illegals are finding their way here also despite it not being very cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2008, 08:46 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Are you kidding? Gaithersburg, Wheaton, and other parts of Montgomery County are filled with illegals. The exodus from exurban VA will only saturate Montgomery (Prince's Georges also) with more illegals. The MD exurbs (Anne Arundel Co, Frederick Co) are beginning to take action to protect themselves.

Price really dosen't make a difference with illegals. I live in Alexandria (not the part by Rt. 1 the actual city limits on the West End) and illegals are finding their way here also despite it not being very cheap.
If they have anchor babies welfare and section 8 are federally funded programs that are accessible. Add to the pot 20 to a house and a tax free source of income and by 3rd world standards, they are living large, no matter where they go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2008, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Are you kidding? Gaithersburg, Wheaton, and other parts of Montgomery County are filled with illegals. The exodus from exurban VA will only saturate Montgomery (Prince's Georges also) with more illegals. The MD exurbs (Anne Arundel Co, Frederick Co) are beginning to take action to protect themselves.

Price really dosen't make a difference with illegals. I live in Alexandria (not the part by Rt. 1 the actual city limits on the West End) and illegals are finding their way here also despite it not being very cheap.
You're right, I did hear about Gaithersburg and Wheaton. They have also managed to invade parts of Frederick County. If they attempt to move to Charles County, they will encounter huge problems. Some areas there still have a KKK presence, albeit undergound. I'm sure you heard about the houses a group of racists burned in a new predominately black development there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 04:28 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Reputation: 1094
Just sitting here watching the news in Chicago. They were showing immigrants taking the oath of allegiance for American citizenship. 29% of them were hispanics, many of whose lips were NOT moving. One can only surmise that either they are being allowed to become citizens despite being unable to speak English or they have no loyalty to the US.

This country is on an accelerated pace to 3rd world status.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 06-13-2009 at 05:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 05:51 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Immigration is now about making the USA the flophouse of the world, at least the Spanish speaking world.

It's absurd that welfare offices are catering only to Spanish speaking - but not at all surprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 06:02 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Immigration is now about making the USA the flophouse of the world, at least the Spanish speaking world.

It's absurd that welfare offices are catering only to Spanish speaking - but not at all surprising.
Agreed. It is nothing more than another phase of the dumbing down of America. I was browsing and happened across this:

Quote:
Overhauling the nation's health care system is one of Obama's biggest ambitions, and lawmakers are working on a variety of plans. A top goal is to reduce costs in the government's largest medical programs, Medicare and Medicaid, which cover millions of elderly and low-income Americans and involve thousands of doctors, hospitals, nursing homes and other institutions.

The Associated Press: Obama wants new cuts in federal health spending
Hopefully it is the precursor to ending our tax dollars being squandered on the hoards of anchor baby births.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 10:22 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Just sitting here watching the news in Chicago. They were showing immigrants taking the oath of allegiance for American citizenship. 29% of them were hispanics, many of whose lips were NOT moving. One can only surmise that either they are being allowed to become citizens despite being unable to speak English or they have no loyalty to the US.

This country is on an accelerated pace to 3rd world status.
How is it being accelerated to a 3rd world country? You people get crazier everyday...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Reputation: 5288
Could it just be there are more English speaking people on WIC in Lancaster?


Races in Lancaster (2005 estimate):[/LEFT]
  • White Non-Hispanic (55.7%)
  • Black (20.2%)
  • Hispanic (32%)

http://www.cityoflancasterca.org/Mod...ocumentid=1403
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2009, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Centro Tejas
543 posts, read 839,096 times
Reputation: 361
Sorry to break it to most people in here, but it the job clearly specifies that the applicant MUST be fluent in some language, is not illegal to not hire someone who doesn't meet the requirements.

Say, if you're applying for a Japanese media company and one of the requirements is to know proper Japanese, and you're not, the company has all the right to not hire you for not meeting the requirements. The same applies with jobs in the public sector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top