U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 11:59 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times

Advertisements

Sorry but in California the stupid State that it is. A lot of this is because of illegal immigration, whether you believe it or not. And if we the voters let it continue, it will only get worse.

The only way to stop this ridiculous madness for the sake of future generations of American's is by our vote!

I hate to admit this, but I know some Hispanic's who really feel they are entitled to *****, and I will leave it at that. You create a mess, and it will only widen and spread, until it is stopped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 01:10 PM

10,830 posts, read 3,809,826 times
California is overrun with illegals, homeless and criminals, thanks to the Democrats who have ruined this state.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
California is overrun with illegals, homeless and criminals, thanks to the Democrats who have ruined this state.

Yup and ain't that the damn friggin truth! This is why I moved to S.C. and I love it here.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:51 PM

4,814 posts, read 2,215,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If Americans (not just whites) feel threatened by the Spanish language it is because it reminds us why we are hearing so much Spanish and it is directly due to illegal immigration because most Hispanic citizens know how to speak English. Doesn't matter what language was spoken long ago. For decades in Calif. you hardly heard any Spanish being spoken so my analogy of this is just the facts. Illegal immigration and high numbers of legal immigration from one lingual group has created this situation. What happened to diversity?
Actually it has more to do with fear & ignorance on most White American's beliefs. You also hear a lot of Spanish in Florida too yet their 2 largest Hispanic groups are Cubans & Puerto Ricans which one are Legal Americans and residents of the US.

In Miami during the 1970's xenophobic whites tried to establish a "English only" ordinance that would prohibit any other language except for English being published in Government. It was defeated at the polls and now Miami has 3 official languages , English , Spanish & Haitian Creole.

Illegal immigration hasn't created this situation in Florida so I really see it's a xenophobic reaction instead of a Illegal one.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:05 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Actually it has more to do with fear & ignorance on most White American's beliefs. You also hear a lot of Spanish in Florida too yet their 2 largest Hispanic groups are Cubans & Puerto Ricans which one are Legal Americans and residents of the US.

In Miami during the 1970's xenophobic whites tried to establish a "English only" ordinance that would prohibit any other language except for English being published in Government. It was defeated at the polls and now Miami has 3 official languages , English , Spanish & Haitian Creole.

Illegal immigration hasn't created this situation in Florida so I really see it's a xenophobic reaction instead of a Illegal one.
NOT a thing wrong with making English ONLY the main language of the US.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:52 PM

4,814 posts, read 2,215,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
NOT a thing wrong with making English ONLY the main language of the US.
No not at all unless you want to keep the US as a mono-lingual nation forever. Immigrants have been coming to America forever & in case you didn't notice it a lot of our cities and states are named in Spanish.
The xenophobic fear about keeping the English language is that ! Xenophobic and you can't avoid Spanish on a Continent where the vast majority of speakers speak Spanish !

Old 04-29-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
No not at all unless you want to keep the US as a mono-lingual nation forever. Immigrants have been coming to America forever & in case you didn't notice it a lot of our cities and states are named in Spanish.
The xenophobic fear about keeping the English language is that ! Xenophobic and you can't avoid Spanish on a Continent where the vast majority of speakers speak Spanish !

Those who came to this Country legally and with pride came to America long ago.

Those who believe in not following laws of the land, and willing to break them, that is another story is it not.

Nothing wrong with making English our Language. Those who were ancestors as my Italian Ancestors who came to this Country legally by the way. Learned English right away and were proud to have done so. They still spoke Italian in the home and around family. But when out spoke English.

And what is the fear of not having English as our Language, I know many people who immigrated here legally that are of European decent, guess what they speak English. And still speak their Mother Language.

Anyone of any nationality can speak there Mother Tongue , but please learn ENGLISH! WHAT IS THE FEAR IN THAT.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:

Spanish ain't important outside of Spain or LatAm. English IS important everywhere that matters. Period. English is the language of money, pilots, diplomats and so on in 2016.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Those who came to this Country legally and with pride came to America long ago.

Those who believe in not following laws of the land, and willing to break them, that is another story is it not.

Nothing wrong with making English our Language. Those who were ancestors as my Italian Ancestors who came to this Country legally by the way. Learned English right away and were proud to have done so. They still spoke Italian in the home and around family. But when out spoke English.

And what is the fear of not having English as our Language, I know many people who immigrated here legally that are of European decent, guess what they speak English. And still speak their Mother Language.

Anyone of any nationality can speak there Mother Tongue , but please learn ENGLISH! WHAT IS THE FEAR IN THAT.
Many "Hispanics" have a chip on their shoulder thing; kinda like many Southern anglo white people, some American Indians, hood rat Blacks and so on.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:26 PM

8,088 posts, read 7,319,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Excellent Video that sums up in a nutshell why every single American should contact your representatives at every level to stop the insanity.

YouTube - " I Had To Leave Because I Couldn't Speak Spanish
So, that is how it is now in most of Miami. No habla Espanol? Too bad gringo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or