U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:59 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You are on a roll . . . and this entire thread is comedic gold.
I agree JDubsMom. Thanks macmeal and Synopsis for the good laughs tonight. We certainly can use them from time to time in this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 06:04 PM

394 posts, read 896,490 times
OMG! just logged on and clicked on this thread. have'nt been able to stay in my chair since. YOU PEOPLE ARE TOO FUNNY!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:04 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
I'd have to let the ghosts of all the Indians I've killed respond to that, and I'm sure my ancestors would be comfortable with this too. But I already know what the Indians will say.

They'd point to you and ask me, "What species is that?"
If you want, I could ask my wife what to do in this situation....she's an Indian. She's lived here for thousands of years.....(but you'd never know it to look at her)...

Old 08-18-2008, 06:12 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Nah, better sentence construction, not great, but better.
Maybe it's one of his instructors at the Aztlan Academy (or whatever it's called).

Old 08-18-2008, 06:12 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,865,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Yet another racially-based argument that is going to make all of "us" pro-illegals (as some of us are labeled here) look bad. Native Americans were committing atrocities long before the Spanish arrived. And this is so conveniently forgotten among many extremist Mexican-Americans, but millions of Mexicans (and most of the Mexicans in power in that country) are white. It's not like the United States is the big, bad "white" wolf and Mexico is a Pocohontas in distress. And let me comment on this statement you made:

"Just because you migrated here first doesn't give you authority to stop others from coming."

Actually, yes, migrating here first gave the ancestors of modern-day Americans the authority to create laws that would be binding on future generations, including on us. Mexico has laws governing immigration too, you know, and they are enforced much more rigidly than those in operation in the United States.
For the love of God would you folks please stop with the whole "Indians were committing atrocities before we got here" crap. Indians were doing the same thing the white people were doing before they got here. Fighting amongst themselves because that's what we humans seem to like to do. You all seem to think that is some excuse for what the white man did when he came to this land. Sure, Indians fought each other. Every society that has ever existed has fought amongst themselves. But the way Indians are represented on this forum you would think all they ever did before we came was rape and murder each other between peace pipes.

You are spewing a load of crap. The Indians were and are a proud people with rich cultures and proud lineage. Yet those of white descent continually try to depict them as primitive savages which could not be farther from the truth. Stop trying to point your fingers at the Indians as if they were monsters when you all have a more than fair share of bloodshed in your own histories. Some of the most atrocious acts of violence and hate have been perpetrated by white men. Its simple history folks. All we really have on the Indians is a few hundred years of research by biased aristocratic white settlers. On the other hand we have thousands of years of history on the white, brown, and yellow races which give us detailed accounts of their barbarism. Everyone fights and everyone kills. Since Cain and Abel the cycle has continued. So stop pointing fingers, because they are all bloody. And never forget that the Indians were still a very natural people when we came here, living with nature and not destroying it. So who are the real savages?

Old 08-18-2008, 06:15 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Illegal immigrant are like prsident of US he lives in white house but do not own that house he is just a renter he works for all of us. George Washington built that house now he is dead besides they built thios nation not you. my opinion

illegal immigrant is like the guy who fixing my roof last year. He now comes around to tell me "get out this is my house not you'res I put the roof on this house"

I think we should all listen to the statue of liberty. He said if your hungry you can come.
I am surprised that you let archury fix your roof.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:15 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
For the love of God would you folks please stop with the whole "Indians were committing atrocities before we got here" crap. Indians were doing the same thing the white people were doing before they got here. Fighting amongst themselves because that's what we humans seem to like to do. You all seem to think that is some excuse for what the white man did when he came to this land. Sure, Indians fought each other. Every society that has ever existed has fought amongst themselves. But the way Indians are represented on this forum you would think all they ever did before we came was rape and murder each other between peace pipes.

You are spewing a load of crap. The Indians were and are a proud people with rich cultures and proud lineage. Yet those of white descent continually try to depict them as primitive savages which could not be farther from the truth. Stop trying to point your fingers at the Indians as if they were monsters when you all have a more than fair share of bloodshed in your own histories. Some of the most atrocious acts of violence and hate have been perpetrated by white men. Its simple history folks. All we really have on the Indians is a few hundred years of research by biased aristocratic white settlers. On the other hand we have thousands of years of history on the white, brown, and yellow races which give us detailed accounts of their barbarism. Everyone fights and everyone kills. Since Cain and Abel the cycle has continued. So stop pointing fingers, because they are all bloody. And never forget that the Indians were still a very natural people when we came here, living with nature and not destroying it. So who are the real savages?
I think a little Cherokee anger has been unleashed...

Old 08-18-2008, 06:18 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,275,065 times
And that was in response to one of my posts!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:20 PM

394 posts, read 896,490 times
i've noticed a couple of pro-illegal newbees typing in broken [very broken] english. this could get interesting. GOD I LOVE THIS SITE

Old 08-18-2008, 06:32 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
OMG people! Have you all been at the laughing gas? Some really hysterical posts in this thread tonight. (Mac, Synopsis--you two have me falling off the couch!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or