U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-18-2008, 07:46 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,511,346 times
Reputation: 1825

Advertisements

May I remind you that the Statue of Liberty does not say R.S.V.P.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2008, 07:52 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,712,772 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
May I remind you that the Statue of Liberty does not say R.S.V.P.
Yes, Cher Horowitz. ( the movie 'Clueless')
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2008, 07:52 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,619,457 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I understand what you are getting at....but really, do you think it makes us good guardians of this land by inviting an extra 100+ million people in?
When you 'overbook' a party by inviting in 100 million 'extra' guests, of course it's irresponsible. But many of these folks aren't 'invited guests', they're 'crashers'. That would lessen our responsibility just a little bit...wouldn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2008, 07:54 PM
 
394 posts, read 896,768 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Based upon your writing style, spelling and syntax I'd venture to guess that YOU were the illegal alien.

Do I win a prize???
well, you'd win a rep point if it would let me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2008, 07:54 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,691,681 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Great post I too feel the same. Good grief if that post doesn't get through the thick headed nothing will. Man is created EQUAL or do some not see that? We took the land by force. We raped and pillaged the people to steal the land. It so sad we are leaving this wretched legacy to our kids. Not one of us own any of this land we are borrowing it and distroying it. I know one is looking down at us and saying.... will they ever get it?
We?

You got a rat in your pocket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2008, 08:02 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,037,808 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
When you 'overbook' a party by inviting in 100 million 'extra' guests, of course it's irresponsible. But many of these folks aren't 'invited guests', they're 'crashers'. That would lessen our responsibility just a little bit...wouldn't it?
Well, if you had a party at your house and fifty crashers showed up and your response was to fed them and make them comfortable....yeah, it would be sorta your responsibility for them trashing your house.

In this case, when we (our government) effectively neuters immigration agents and panders at will to illegal groups as well as turning blind eyes to industries that support and exploit illegals --- yeah, the US is reaping what it sowed. And it hurts me to say that, but there you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2008, 08:03 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,037,808 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
We?

You got a rat in your pocket?
What? You mean you weren't raping and pillaging over the weekend? And you call yourself an American
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2008, 08:09 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,619,457 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, if you had a party at your house and fifty crashers showed up and your response was to fed them and make them comfortable....yeah, it would be sorta your responsibility for them trashing your house.

In this case, when we (our government) effectively neuters immigration agents and panders at will to illegal groups as well as turning blind eyes to industries that support and exploit illegals --- yeah, the US is reaping what it sowed. And it hurts me to say that, but there you go.
Yes...I'm just being a little cynical here. If there's any country that can't blame the 'other guy' for its problems, it's us....because we're a free nation, and one of the most powerful. If something goes wrong, it's because "we" allow it to go wrong...and, to the extent that illegals are 'invading' us, it's because we're allowing it to happen....if only by electing useless people into high office, and by then not holding them accountable for their performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2008, 08:12 PM
 
638 posts, read 1,638,611 times
Reputation: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
If you want, I could ask my wife what to do in this situation....she's an Indian. She's lived here for thousands of years.....(but you'd never know it to look at her)...
At best guess, my ancestory is probably Neanderthal . . but I was in Jamaica once, and these self-proclaimed "true jews", who were supposedly of Ethiopian decent, called me Decendent of Cain.

Haven't really thought about it until this moment, but I can't see the Indian having a problem with me. Can't speak for the Indian, but I don't see why they would see me as having a problem with them either.

That's all I know. So no reason to bother your wife about it. Besides, she'd probably up an Indian story on me; wolf who thought he was a man, wandering a homeless earth pretending to be something he was not. On the other hand, if she can intoduce me to a Wolf or Coyote Woman in that tale, I'll give her story a respectful listen.

Last edited by r601020; 08-18-2008 at 08:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Great post I too feel the same. Good grief if that post doesn't get through the thick headed nothing will. Man is created EQUAL or do some not see that? We took the land by force. We raped and pillaged the people to steal the land. It so sad we are leaving this wretched legacy to our kids. Not one of us own any of this land we are borrowing it and distroying it. I know one is looking down at us and saying.... will they ever get it?
The Aztecs committed what we would consider atrocities against other pre Hispanic indigenous people.

What about the Rape of Nanking by Imperial Japan prior to WW II?

Rwanda comes to mind in just 1994.

My point being that gruesome events are not a 'White' person thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top