U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:38 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Thanks so much. Right now wife says she is looking at Arkansas and Missouri. Will let all of you know when it is a done deal.
Forget Arkansas:

Quote:
Immigration Impact: Arkansas
Quote:
State Population (2006 CB estimate)
All numbers are from the U.S. Census Bureau unless otherwise noted. Additional Census Bureau, INS, and other immigration-related data are available for Arkansas
Population Change

Arkansas's population increased by 13.7 percent between 1990 and 2000, and by 5 percent between 2000 and 2006, bringing Arkansas’s total population to approximately 2.8 million.
Approximately 17.0 percent of the total population increase between 2000 and 2006 in Arkansas was attributed to immigrants.
FAIR estimates the illegal alien population in 2005 at 49,000. This number is 81% above the U.S. government estimate of 27,000 in 2000, and 880% above the 1990 estimate of 5,000.
According to an estimate of the Pew Hispanic Center, in 2005 there were an estimated 30,000 to 50,000 illegal aliens living in Arizona.2/
FAIR estimates in 2004 that the taxpayers of Arkansas spent $37.3 million per year on illegal aliens in public schools.3/

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=research_research4574

Missouri just signed a bill into law that will be going into effect very soon. It is your best choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvcILF5hVIg

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 03:39 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Some people just can't stand the fact that other Americans have different views about this issue.
I have no problem with differing views -- everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I do have a problem with people flagrantly condoning criminal behavior, and justifying the destruction of my country.

I guess you would have no problem if Al Qaeda decided to invade this country again. After all, those who hate the U.S. simply have differing views.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:47 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have no problem with differing views -- everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I do have a problem with people flagrantly condoning criminal behavior, and justifying the destruction of my country.

I guess you would have no problem if Al Qaeda decided to invade this country again. After all, those who hate the U.S. simply have differing views.
Welcome back Benicar..yes, "differing views" could describe a LOT of things, to put it mildly.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:27 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,859,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

you mean like the ever increasing number of MS-13 and Suero gangs up and down the West coast and now spreading across to the eastern seaboard?

Old 08-19-2008, 04:34 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Forget Arkansas:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]

Missouri just signed a bill into law that will be going into effect very soon. It is your best choice.

YouTube - MISSOURI CRACKDOWN ON ILLEGAL ALIENS

Hope this helps!
Thanks, we will start getting some info about Missouri. But my wife says she likes the way Arkansas looks, from pictures you know. Around our house, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:36 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Thanks, we will start getting some info about Missouri. But my wife says she likes the way Arkansas looks, from pictures you know. Around our house, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
I hear ya. Just keep reminding her of why you left California, and tell her more of the same awaits, if she chooses Arkansas. Hopefully, she'll see the light.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:38 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I hear ya. Just keep reminding her of why you left California, and tell her more of the same awaits, if she chooses Arkansas. Hopefully, she'll see the light.
I am gathering articles and such to send her in an email so that she can read about the states. I am thinking I need to start asking questions in the two state forums in here. Might get some ideas from others.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:12 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,006,655 times
So let me get this straight - is this discussion about how "illegal immigration" is hurting our nation, or how "Mexicans" in general are hurting our nation? It sounds more like people are fearing the idea of a non-white majority more than the issue of illegal immigration. And how hypocritical and utterly racist would that be?

The immigration policies of this nation are obviously flawed and need to be addressed. But when I start reading some of the racial hatred remarks here I almost forget that the authors of these posts are Americans. It's disturbing how people are completely ignoring the human aspect of it all. I thought we were better than that.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:00 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
So let me get this straight - is this discussion about how "illegal immigration" is hurting our nation, or how "Mexicans" in general are hurting our nation? It sounds more like people are fearing the idea of a non-white majority more than the issue of illegal immigration. And how hypocritical and utterly racist would that be?

The immigration policies of this nation are obviously flawed and need to be addressed. But when I start reading some of the racial hatred remarks here I almost forget that the authors of these posts are Americans. It's disturbing how people are completely ignoring the human aspect of it all. I thought we were better than that.
How are our immigration policies flawed, in your opinion? The only problem I see is that they are not being enforced. As a matter of fact, more Mexicans are allowed to immigrate legally each year than any other nation on the entire planet. How is that racist or flawed?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:22 AM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Racism- lumping people into one category based on appearance or speech. Mexicans != Americans that happen to be Latino.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 09-05-2008 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: stupid typo .......need coffee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or