Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:26 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,544,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
How are our immigration policies flawed, in your opinion? The only problem I see is that they are not being enforced. As a matter of fact, more Mexicans are allowed to immigrate legally each year than any other nation on the entire planet. How is that racist or flawed?
Here's more of my opinions:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...ml#post5139833

It's just sad to see all the anti-Mexican sentiment here, when the anger should be directed towards the government for not doing something about the problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 11:28 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post

It's just sad to see all the anti-Mexican sentiment here, when the anger should be directed towards the government for not doing something about the problems.
Much of this can be seen with all the anti-illegal protests at homedepot, you know to "rile things up". Why do you think they're not going to protest outside the gates of the white house-- where they should be in the first place. They're essentially "barking at the wrong tree".

Old 09-05-2008, 11:31 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:

No the anger should be directed at all those involved-including illegal aliens who broke the law and in most cases commit ID theft or fraud. Illegal aliens are not victims-they came here and knowingly broke the law. They are responsible for their actions. Just because our government and greedy corporations are doing it wrong does in no way justify illegal alien's behavior.
This is a slap in the face to Americans as well as those who wait in line and sacrfice to come here legally.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:

The government gets condemned on this board frequently for not doing its job. No one is here defending the government or the employers missing scruples. The illegals are also culpable as they are breaking our laws. No one is advocating inhumane treatment of anyone - can you point out where that was stated? I must have missed it.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
No the anger should be directed at all those involved-including illegal aliens who broke the law and in most cases commit ID theft or fraud. Illegal aliens are not victims-they came here and knowingly broke the law. They are responsible for their actions. Just because our government and greedy corporations are doing it wrong does in no way justify illegal alien's behavior.
This is a slap in the face to Americans as well as those who wait in line and sacrfice to come here legally.
You mean their compadres? Just like most illegals come from Mexico, most LEGALS come from Mexico as well.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:37 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight - is this discussion about how "illegal immigration" is hurting our nation, or how "Mexicans" in general are hurting our nation? It sounds more like people are fearing the idea of a non-white majority more than the issue of illegal immigration. And how hypocritical and utterly racist would that be?

The immigration policies of this nation are obviously flawed and need to be addressed. But when I start reading some of the racial hatred remarks here I almost forget that the authors of these posts are Americans. It's disturbing how people are completely ignoring the human aspect of it all. I thought we were better than that.
It kills me how people admonish those who oppose illegal immigration, while they justify their own support for lawlessness. It is not racist to support the Rule of Law and the sovereignty of our nation; nor are our immigration laws flawed. Furthermore, I am a member of a “minority.†Therefore, your accusation of a fear of having a non-white majority is utterly absurd.

If the preponderance of the posts on this forum pertain to Mexicans, it’s because they account for the vast majority of illegals currently in this country. It is not a racial/ethnic issue. Only those in support of illegal immigration and open borders insist on making this an issue of race. It’s their only argument, given the fact that they have nothing substantive to offer as a legitimate defense.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:38 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The government gets condemned on this board frequently for not doing its job. No one is here defending the government or the employers missing scruples. The illegals are also culpable as they are breaking our laws. No one is advocating inhumane treatment of anyone - can you point out where that was stated? I must have missed it.
Unfortunately, while you are making perfect sense, it's a waste of time trying to have a rational, logical conversation with those who have the culturally embedded notion that nothing is ever their fault or responsibility. The more I read the more I realize no matter how long they live mentally and emotionally they will forever remain stuck in perpetual childhood.

At least we don't have to ponder why their homelands remain 3rd world cesspools.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:39 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Unfortunately, while you are making perfect sense, it's a waste of time trying to explain to those with a culturally embedded notion that nothing is ever their fault or responsibility. The more I read the more I realize no matter how long they live mentally they are stuck in perpetual childhood.

At least we don't have to ponder why their homelands remain 3rd world cesspools.
I just read that he has family in Mexico - gee, who would have thought? Maybe he should have taken part in my recent poll.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:42 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
You mean their compadres? Just like most illegals come from Mexico, most LEGALS come from Mexico as well.
Why should the vast majority of immigrants, legal or illegal, originate from one country? How is that benefiting the "diversity" pro-illegals tout?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why should the vast majority of immigrants, legal or illegal, originate from one country? How is that benefiting the "diversity" pro-illegals tout?
I don't know. Ask the Government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration