U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 01:51 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,066,563 times

Advertisements

ya, well "legal" in terms of citizenship, cuz plenty of illegal behaviour was going on.

and fortunately urban youth are also seeking to emulate "post thug rappers". (those former rappers[or current] who turned into media moguls.) forbes just published a list of highest earners amongst rappers. 50 cent 150 mil, jay z 85 mil. puffy 35 mil. while i dont agree entirely with the way they have got to the top, once there they have made deals in clothing, music, movies, refreshments, everything.
condi and colin are great, but a musicians hustle is easier to understand by kids. more so than a politicians. its good to have urban role models.
i would say master p is one of the best, even tho he is pimping lil romeo, he is forming a new TV network. Better Black TV. with help from denzel and other powerful men. this is good for urban youth to see. it makes a difference. except the question of "street" credibility and authenticity comes into place. thats unfortunate.

now back to topic.

still no civil war...

live from florence and graham
the

one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unfortunately; I know what you mean...........I lived in Los Angeles 25 years ago and both places were essentially 'no go' places for Whites.

That stated: at least our Blacks were/are US citizens whose parents were here legally and so on.

Too; the above minority has changed dramatically since then in their basic culture. Seeing Oprah, Colin, Condi, etc. have given quite the impetus for the younger AA's to do well in school and stay out of trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 03:30 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
still no civil war...

live from florence and graham
the

one
I am afraid that all we have to do is give it more time. The anger is out there and the pro-illegal crowd is desperate these days. I am glad because I just got told this morning that I will be home back in CA the first part of September. Then we will pack up and move. I hope to have us moved out of CA by November or December sometime. Can't wait to get out of El Norte and my background is Mexican from my side of the family.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:49 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I am afraid that all we have to do is give it more time. The anger is out there and the pro-illegal crowd is desperate these days. I am glad because I just got told this morning that I will be home back in CA the first part of September. Then we will pack up and move. I hope to have us moved out of CA by November or December sometime. Can't wait to get out of El Norte and my background is Mexican from my side of the family.
Check us out here in Arizona: you may like what you see here in the Phx area--------I would avoid Tucson though (too close to Nogales, etc).

Old 08-21-2008, 03:51 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Check us out here in Arizona: you may like what you see here in the Phx area--------I would avoid Tucson though (too close to Nogales, etc).
My wife has stated that she wished to the midwest and she has mentioned Arkansas and Missouri, but I will check out Phoenix, but what mama wants, mama gets. You understand?

Old 08-22-2008, 08:43 AM

185 posts, read 319,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
My wife has stated that she wished to the midwest and she has mentioned Arkansas and Missouri, but I will check out Phoenix, but what mama wants, mama gets. You understand?
Keeping peace at home isn't always easy. I hope mama's happy today!

Old 08-22-2008, 09:53 AM

3,496 posts, read 8,340,555 times
Listen, the video shows that blacks united with the "Hispanics"...Not because they want illegals in their neighborhoods...but because they still have a deep mistrust for the white people of Los Angeles. The riots are still fresh in the minds of the people...

Plus, how would it look if they let a perceived racists organization in their park?

Not happening...never happening.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:34 AM

13,046 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Listen, the video shows that blacks united with the "Hispanics"...Not because they want illegals in their neighborhoods...but because they still have a deep mistrust for the white people of Los Angeles. The riots are still fresh in the minds of the people...

Plus, how would it look if they let a perceived racists organization in their park?

So, the 'white people' of Los Angeles are being collectively mistrusted (after 15 years) because of the Rodney King riots? Doesn't that beat all? Do you have any idea what would happen if the horrible untrustworthy 'whites' all left LA?

Old 08-22-2008, 10:41 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post

Why, I don't know! Here in Chicago we have to let perceived racist organizations like MECHa in our parks all the time.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So, the 'white people' of Los Angeles are being collectively mistrusted (after 15 years) because of the Rodney King riots? Doesn't that beat all? Do you have any idea what would happen if the horrible untrustworthy 'whites' all left LA?
You live in the area. If you don't see it then you are blind! And you are surely mistaken if you think it was just because of Rodney King.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Why, I don't know! Here in Chicago we have to let perceived racist organizations like MECHa in our parks all the time.
Then stand up the way they did in L.A. Kele's group was not let into Leimert park...Not only by the Hispanics (we don't know if they were all illegal) but by the African American's as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or