U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 05:23 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
South Central Los Angeles, Watts, Compton, that general area has been Ghetto for a long time... long before the invasion of illegals.
So that means that our country is supposed to be ok with importing even more ghetto living people? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 06:50 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
So that means that our country is supposed to be ok with importing even more ghetto living people? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Now you're just being mean for implying that a sovereign nation has the right, no the duty to protect its interests and the interests of its citizens by regulating immigration for skills that the country needs. Serfdom is not a skill, btw.....

Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Yeah like Baldwin Hills..being right next to the Jungles. Which isn't exactly Latino.

Mexicans didnt destroy South Central. It was crappy to begin with.
I thought you were from arizonia...........what changed?

Old 08-20-2008, 07:26 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
so where are these pictures. ya'll have some true courage to do what you did out there!

So im kinda getting this story a little mixed up. Some people on here are refering to a like incident that happened last year, but this thread is about what happend this year yesterday , correct? I have searched on the enternet for more coverage of this but couldd not find it. I even patiently waited on the news this evening to hear about it and i didn't.
The incident I referred to with regards to the march to Leimert Park happened on June 23, 2007. The most current incident (last Sunday) has been the concerted harrassment of Jamiel Shaw's mother and grandfather as they work to gather enough signatures to get Jamiel's Law before the voters by the powers that be in the form of LAPD.

Jamiel's Law proposes to do away with the sanctuary city policies in Los Angeles (currently labeled as Special Order 40) as applied to gang members. Jamiel's Law was proposed in March 2008, following the shooting death of 17- year-old Jamiel Shaw, a Los Angeles High School football player who had drawn recruiting interest from Stanford and Rutgers. Shaw was killed by Pedro Espinoza, a 19-year-old gang member who was in the country illegally the day after Espinoza was released from jail (by LAPD who DID NOT check his immigration status).

However, you will find that many people on this forum see absolutely nothing wrong with giving sanctuary to murderers, rapists, and thieves but only if they are found to be our friends from south of the border. They argue vehemently against Jamiel's Law, and instead try to cloud the issue by insisting that Jamiel Shaw, rather than being an excellent student and athlete, was a gang member and by virtue of this, his death is justified, because as everybody knows, it couldn't possibly have been the illegal alien's fault. There had to be some sort of mitigating circumstances because illegal aliens are only here to do the jobs Americans won't do--like killing Americans children.

If you'd like to know more about what went on in Leimert Park last weekend, google "ImmigrationWatchdog." Brook's web page is chock full of info. Just scroll down the page. It's about the third or fourth story down. You can also search for Leimert Park on Brook's page. He was there and got plenty of footage of the June 23, 2007 march.

I have photos, but was unable to load them last night from my blog, so I'll be getting a Photobucket account sometime today so that I can share the joy of June 23, 2007 with the rest of you.

Hope that helps to clarify the situation.

Last edited by Kele; 08-20-2008 at 07:42 AM..

Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Even if Jamiel were a gangbanger-----------that still is no excuse to have treasonous crap like Special Order 40.

Americans over illegals-----------unless Mexico, etc. is willing to take in a US citizen Felon in exchange for us amnestying one (otherwise promising) illegal at a time----------Mexico needs to shut up and take back their nationals without complaining.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:43 AM

3,496 posts, read 8,344,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
What are you talking about. Just more non-sense. I was pointing out that the area has been a ghetto for a long time...Where did I say it was ok? Common sense missing today?

Old 08-20-2008, 01:24 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
I thought you were from arizonia...........what changed?
when the hell did I ever say I was from Arizona or even mention Arizona?
Those are fighting words!

Old 08-20-2008, 01:36 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
when the hell did I ever say I was from Arizona or even mention Arizona?
Those are fighting words!
LMAO!

Now: if I 'accused' you from being from Wash DC..........I would agree with your opinion

DC native here who fled that place 30 years ago..............

Old 08-20-2008, 01:39 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
LMAO!

Now: if I 'accused' you from being from Wash DC..........I would agree with your opinion

DC native here who fled that place 30 years ago..............
I'd probably choose AZ over the East Coast too. Probably.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:33 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,120,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
What are you talking about. Just more non-sense. I was pointing out that the area has been a ghetto for a long time...Where did I say it was ok? Common sense missing today?
Compton was a middle class area for blacks to live in the 70's.

It was drugs, gang life, lack of jobs that destroyed it.

Then the bottom feeders moved in, and are trying to move out the blacks who have lived there since the 1940's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or