Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:41 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,499,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Thank you AMC, yep I knew there was more than someone being mean to the Anti-illegal group, good is always better than evil
Good? Evil? Do you consider identity thieves and document forgers good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 09:45 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,601,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Me thinks there is more to this story than the poor anti-illegals having their rights taken away because of the nasty illegal aliens...hmmm
Yes, because everyone knows that to act in a bullying, intimidating manner is only the provence of Americans (preferably of the white trailer trash variety).

Old 08-19-2008, 09:49 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,736,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
So freedom of speech and the ability to protest is only reserved for those causes that the police and community deem worthy?
Good thing you were not in charge of such things during the 1960's civil rights movement.
Hey, I didnt lead the counterprotest. But thats what happened.
But this isnt the 1960s civil rights movement.
They were trying to stir trouble by going to South Central. The minutemen and Ted Hayes went with their Black members to gain support from the center of LA's black community.
But a counterprotest took place, and it was much larger. South Central isn't Orange County.

They were trying to speak to the community, and the community spoke back.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:52 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,725,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
The minutmen, Ted Hayes and his group.

They went marching in South Central to take advantage of the Black-Brown tensions and garner support, and the community didnt want them there.
The police wanted to avoid any violence from breaking out.
There were NO Minutemen in this march. There was Ted, the Crispus Attucks Brigade, several Black community leaders, and several Hispanic community leaders, one of whom volunteered to be arrested with Ted. The rest of us were there to show our support.

The march and rally afterward was actually planned to highlight how detrimental illegal immigration is to minority communities. However, before the march began, groups such as AnswerLA and their illegal alien goons started papering the neighborhoods with flyer stating that Ted Hayes was bringing the KKK to Leimert Park.

That is why there were so many people. We later heard from LAPD that many of the people there wanted to join us once they found out that they had been duped by the illegal aliens and their supporters, but the police would not let anyone cross the police line. By the time Ted and the other 4 brave patriots were actually arrested, the vast majority of the neighborhood people had left, realizing that they had been lied to and there was no KKK, only a bunch of fed up Americans. Only AnswerLA and their illegal alien lapdogs, the most vociferous abusers of American First Amendment Rights, the ones who promised LAPD that (and I quote) "There will be blood if you let them in the park," were left.

Too bad you can't be bothered to actually get the facts before you go spouting off amc, but I've come to expect that from you. Of course, I expect that sassy being an illegal alien "yes man" will always be around to cheer you on for your brilliance and she never fails me. I expect nothing less.

You can stick a dog in the oven, but that don't make it a bisquit.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Hey, I didnt lead the counterprotest. But thats what happened.
But this isnt the 1960s civil rights movement.
They were trying to stir trouble by going to South Central. The minutemen and Ted Hayes went with their Black members to gain support from the center of LA's black community.
But a counterprotest took place, and it was much larger. South Central isn't Orange County.

They were trying to speak to the community, and the community spoke back.
So, if a community doesn't want a group of people that they feel are divisive and a threat to the communities overall well being, said groups should be made to leave........hmmm, I just think you might be onto something there

Old 08-19-2008, 09:56 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,736,309 times
Quote:
So, if a community doesn't want a group of people that they feel are divisive and a threat to the communities overall well being, said groups should be made to leave........hmmm, I just think you might be onto something there
It was a protest and a counter protest. It wasnt burning crosses on the front lawn.

http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/uploaded/ever_seen__070625_5212.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-19-2008, 10:00 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,459,131 times
Quote:
My community is tired of having our hospitals and ERs swamped with nonpaying illegals. Now that I know it is OK to make anyone you don't want around leave, maybe there is hope for us after all!

Old 08-19-2008, 10:02 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,512,773 times
Quote:
I hadn't thought of that....hmmmm. So "the community" just gets together and EJECTS those it sees as 'unpopular'...or 'divisive'...or who may have an unpopular agenda?

Goodness.....I wonder how this might work out in other 'communities'....or with other unpopular groups? Just get together and 'shove 'em right out', huh?
Might work.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:04 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,512,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
My community is tired of having our hospitals and ERs swamped with nonpaying illegals. Now that I know it is OK to make anyone you don't want around leave, maybe there is hope for us after all!
Just make sure you warn the police first.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
It was a protest and a counter protest. It wasnt burning crosses on the front lawn.

http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/uploaded/ever_seen__070625_5212.jpg (broken link)
If the counter protesters are threatening the lives and health of the original protesters to the extent that the police shut the whole thing done.....then yeah, I would count that as intimidating as a burning cross, or snarling dogs, or high powered hoses.

Being an illegal alien in this country should not be considered a protected group or given priviledged status. If they can protest and demand that a government that is not even theirs change its laws to benefit them --- why can't actual citizens protest that their government start following the laws it had created?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration