Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 03:42 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,735,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Compton was a middle class area for blacks to live in the 70's.

It was drugs, gang life, lack of jobs that destroyed it.

Then the bottom feeders moved in, and are trying to move out the blacks who have lived there since the 1940's.
I wonder if thats how the whites felt in the 50s.

Demographics change in neighborhoods. It always happens.

BTW, it wasnt the Mexicans who brought the "drugs, gang life, lack of jobs".
South Central and Compton were already pretty bad when only 1/4 of the people were Latino.
Lots of Blacks are leaving said areas for Antelope Valley and San Bernardino, as Mexicans are still moving in. Thats why demographics are changing. Mexicans arent kicking them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 05:11 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,574,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I wonder if thats how the whites felt in the 50s.

Demographics change in neighborhoods. It always happens.

BTW, it wasnt the Mexicans who brought the "drugs, gang life, lack of jobs".
South Central and Compton were already pretty bad when only 1/4 of the people were Latino.
Lots of Blacks are leaving said areas for Antelope Valley and San Bernardino, as Mexicans are still moving in. Thats why demographics are changing. Mexicans arent kicking them out.
And the Antelope Valley went from one of the best kept secrets of the L.A. area to one of the worst areas...Just look at the Los Angeles Board right here on City Data. Palmdale was once the 5th safest city in LA County...not anymore.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:31 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,085,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Good? Evil? Do you consider identity thieves and document forgers good?
No, I don't think idenity thieves and forgers are good but they are not all made up that way, just like Americans are not not all bad.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:46 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,600,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
No, I don't think idenity thieves and forgers are good but they are not all made up that way, just like Americans are not not all bad.
Well Sassy, how do you think these people are able to become employed? Rent/buy houses? Put their children not born in the US into the public school system? Somewhere along the way most if not all will become identity thieves. I seriously hope it is not my identity that gets stolen next, how about you?

Old 08-20-2008, 09:48 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,371,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well Sassy, how do you think these people are able to become employed? Rent/buy houses? Put their children not born in the US into the public school system? Somewhere along the way most if not all will become identity thieves. I seriously hope it is not my identity that gets stolen next, how about you?
She doesn't have to worry since blank slates don't have identities.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:14 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,085,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I will be sure to ask the next one I run into, how they get all of these services for free when our poor doesn't have any....oh I almost forgot, we do have Americans bleeding the country for all the services I pay for also,
and I'm sure your can picture one of the welfare moms, dragging her kids and another on the way. Those make me madder than the "illegals",
they have learned how to run the system and all they have to worry about is the next welfare and when it will arrive.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:21 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,458,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I will be sure to ask the next one I run into, how they get all of these services for free when our poor doesn't have any....oh I almost forgot, we do have Americans bleeding the country for all the services I pay for also,
and I'm sure your can picture one of the welfare moms, dragging her kids and another on the way. Those make me madder than the "illegals",
they have learned how to run the system and all they have to worry about is the next welfare and when it will arrive.
Can someone translate for me?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:24 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,556,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Excellent post AJP! Here's praying that the citizens of LA will come out in droves and defeat mayor anchor baby. It's time for them to stop paying millions in reward for the criminal entry and other crimes perpetrated at the hands of illegal aliens against America and her citizens.
Like i have said all along we must start at the bottom and clean house so as to have a good foundation, then we can make the needed changes inthe higher offices.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:25 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,293,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
when the hell did I ever say I was from Arizona or even mention Arizona?
Those are fighting words!
OK ok, maybe it wasnt Arizonia, but I know its not Kalifornia cause you have to much sense for that................so yo must be an Okie than......

Old 08-21-2008, 02:14 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,735,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
OK ok, maybe it wasnt Arizonia, but I know its not Kalifornia cause you have to much sense for that................so yo must be an Okie than......
What gave me away? The Lazy Boy strapped on top of my car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration