U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:12 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,788,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I agree. But wouldn't that make sense?. There is a difference between a BHL and the "pc type-I know better than you do liberal of today" . BIG DIFFERENCE. Liberal is really a very broad word really as conservative is-so many different people use those words to describe themselves and they mean different things to different people.

The BHL friends that I know have always been concerned with issues like livable wages, working conditions, helping a guy/gal out if they are in need, things like that. Helping one get ahead. They have not been give away the farm to anyone who wants it but let's help people out to better themselves in the long run. Not only do illegals demand demand and then demand some more but they bring down wages in many industies. While of course everyone is affected by illegals, the working poor are really hit hard. Since wages were low for them to begin with-how much further can the wages go? Then when a company is overrun with illegals-and we have seen this way too many times-they don't even want Americans there-even if they are willing to work for next to nothing. Also-how many of the really poor Americans have the resources to move out of their neighborhood when it has become overrun with illegals? Many simply do not have the resources. Their children in many cases get the shaft because a lot of the school resources are now devoted to ESL thus taking resources away from American children. Also kids who need scholarship to college now have to compete with illegals. I could go on and on. To me, I definelty see why BHL should be against the illegal invasion. The group that they "generally"- champion for is being severly hurt by people who broke the law.

Yep. The problem is in the past we could live with a few hundred thousand here and there. I personally thought the diversity was good. Not just black and white any more - a little spice. It would be boring as hell for me to be with any group that is all one-race.

But then all of the sudden there are millions and they fill every school, cause further white flight and sprawl, clog up the medical system, everything must be in Spanish, laws are too difficult to enforce, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 11:26 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Where did you live? If you check greatschools.org for the student info on your old schools, it may be a clue. DISD had hispanic growth of 40,000 in the last decade.

If you check those stats can you post? I would be interested to know.
I lived on Audelia Road, sorry I don't remember the exact address, but my son attended Stultz(sp?) Elementary School. I worked at a law firm about 10 minutes away from my complex in Medical City. Hope this helps.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
They are not going anywhere any too fast. You keep believing that OUR government has any intentions of making that happen.
Still:

Like a dull knife
Just ain't cutting
Just talking loud
Then saying nothing

Old 08-20-2008, 02:05 PM

2,731 posts, read 5,938,044 times
I wonder if laws are passed in different states can Democrats later down the road..
Overturn them?

Old 08-20-2008, 03:40 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,788,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I lived on Audelia Road, sorry I don't remember the exact address, but my son attended Stultz(sp?) Elementary School. I worked at a law firm about 10 minutes away from my complex in Medical City. Hope this helps.
That's the Lake Highlands area in RISD (Richardson Independent School District):

African American 44%
Hispanic 43%
Asian/Pacific Islander 9%
White 4%
Native American <1%

2006-2007

Old 08-20-2008, 04:19 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,209 times
Quote:
That's the Lake Highlands area in RISD (Richardson Independent School District):

African American 44%
Hispanic 43%
White 4%
Native American <1%

2006-2007
Who do they consider the minorities in this school district?

Old 08-20-2008, 04:23 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Enforce the law? That is not going to work. They want to stop the mexican people but they do nothing to stop those other aliens coming though Canada. We would have to build a giant wall completely around the USA and the way things run around here we would become a giant fish bowl.
Just because one is mexican and born in america someone at sometime crossed that border and just because sassy wants humane treatment for those desperate to cross does not mean she has or will do anything illegal and it does not mean she does not stand by this country either.
Every poster who doesn't agree with these so called anti-illegals 100% are branded as traitors to their country.That camp is filled with paranoia and faux patriotism.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:59 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Every poster who doesn't agree with these so called anti-illegals 100% are branded as traitors to their country.That camp is filled with paranoia and faux patriotism.
Again: blacknight04; beware of the ICE hammer if you and/or your friends and family members are here illegally

Old 08-20-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:

African American 44%
Hispanic 43%
White 4%
Native American <1%

2006-2007
That's the correct district. It was a beautiful neighborhood. I would love to see what it's like now.

Wow, after seeing those percentages, no doubt it has definitely flipped in 10 years. The only time I saw an hispanic, they were day laborers looking for work on the side of the road.

98 percent of my neighbors were white and I was the only black person in my office.

Thanks for the stats Lakewooder!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:29 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
It doesn't help when there are people like you all around that wish to see our country taken over by Mexico. Why is it that you seem to love the illegal law breakers so much anyway? It makes no sense at all.
You should not listen to the noises in your head. Where did you get that I want taken over by Mexico. And none of this post makes sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration