U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 10,159,224 times
Reputation: 2983

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I see the hate for mexican people and the illegal aliens on this site as well. I have seen how immigrants have been treated when aprehended given no humanitarian aid, water, food or basic first aid. I get from people on this site that oh well they deserve it. Would you feel this way if the situation were reversed? Don't anyone try and tell me you would not do anything to help feed your children etc if they were starving to death and if you needed aid you would probably receive it from the kind people out their that give aid to the needy.
What sassy said is tell her what an alien has personally done to you. Did they take your bean picking job from you or the other jobs Americans are too lazy to do?
You may want to confer with your fellow pro-illegal ibarrio. Apparently illegal aliens no longer do the jobs the lazy Americans "won’t do." According to s/him, the only issue now is they simply "work for less."
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Full time RV"er
2,403 posts, read 3,637,331 times
Reputation: 1358
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
AUSTIN - A couple of lawmakers want to know whether Texas can punish employers who hire undocumented workers and prohibit cities from adopting so-called sanctuary policies. "We need to make sure that we uphold our laws," said state Rep. Frank Corte Jr., R-San Antonio.
Corte and state Sen. Dan Patrick, R-Houston, sent Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott two letters earlier this month, asking him to rule whether anti-immigration measures similar to ones adopted in Arizona and Oklahoma, would meet constitutional muster here.
Last year, several Republican lawmakers proposed a smorgasbord of anti-immigration bills, but nearly all of them failed after the attorney general said they would violate the constitution or overstep federal authority. House leaders had asked Abbott to review all the proposals after they were filed.
Corte said it would be nice to know before the 2009 legislative session what authority Texas has to enforce immigration laws.


Texas lawmakers consider new immigration laws - El Paso Times


The hammer continues to fall . . . .
The more important question to ask these offficialsis this , Did you vote for "The North American Super Highway" & "The North American Security Agreement" Both of these projects will OPEN our borders from Mexico To the Canada Border. making it LEGAL for not only Mexican but also any other illegal to enter OUR COUNTRY LEGALLY! Come on ! give me a break, Is this not a smoke screen or not . Do as in say ,not as i do ?????
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 10,159,224 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I would hope the welfare queens and hobos are no more typical of the average american worker then the overly sharpied chola is of a mexican woman.
If there is a need for agricultural workers, then yes, give out temporary work visas. But said need doesn't equate to the millions of illegals in this country already, not to mention those still trying to get in.
How true! Only 2% of all illegals currently in this country work in agriculture. The other 98% are providing greedy employers with dirt cheap labor, to the detriment of legal citizens.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Full time RV"er
2,403 posts, read 3,637,331 times
Reputation: 1358
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
oh i wish that i could rep you again! i wish that all of these pro-illegal ppl could live in illegal ridden southern california as i did. when i first went to calif, i was very "live and let live", soaking in the california vibe everywhere that i went. when i saw up close the immigrants' abuses of the welfare, healthcare and education systems, i steadily wished that the state/federal governments would enforce the immigration laws. i personally believe that living in a place like so cal as i did would turn any pro-illegal advocate 180 degrees around as it did me. the immigrants have ruined california forever with their immense costs to the taxpayers. incidentally, if any of you think that texas has an illegal problem, it is NOTHING compared to so cal.
Again With all due respect People. Please complain to your elected officials not here and if your Officials won't listen then it's time to get rid of them so that there will be some change in the problen not just the same old, same old ,year after year. Let's get going !
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:21 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 228,579 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How true! Only 2% of all illegals currently in this country work in agriculture. The other 98% are providing greedy employers with dirt cheap labor, to the detriment of legal citizens.
2% really? source?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:37 PM
 
8,536 posts, read 9,851,523 times
Reputation: 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
2% really? source?
If you don't think he is right why don't you prove him wrong?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:38 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 228,579 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
If you don't think he is right why don't you prove him wrong?
Is it such a crime to ask for ones source?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:40 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 7,073,609 times
Reputation: 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
The more important question to ask these offficialsis this , Did you vote for "The North American Super Highway" & "The North American Security Agreement" Both of these projects will OPEN our borders from Mexico To the Canada Border. making it LEGAL for not only Mexican but also any other illegal to enter OUR COUNTRY LEGALLY! Come on ! give me a break, Is this not a smoke screen or not . Do as in say ,not as i do ?????
While ITA with you, the problem with that is none of them even admit that it exists. They would have us believe that the NAU, SPP are figments of our collective imaginations.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Pacific NW
391 posts, read 469,627 times
Reputation: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Is it such a crime to ask for ones source?
I second that emotion
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Pacific NW
391 posts, read 469,627 times
Reputation: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
And yet those of us who take exception to illegal immigration are labeled racist.....wonder why the double standard?
Yet I have never labled any of you though you have no problen saying things against me
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top