Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 06:51 AM

638 posts, read 1,845,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Last year, several Republican lawmakers proposed a smorgasbord of anti-immigration bills, but nearly all of them failed after the attorney general said they would violate the constitution or overstep federal authority. House leaders had asked Abbott to review all the proposals after they were filed.
This overlaps with something I'm reading . .

re : Farmers Branch, Texas

Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF)
MALDEF - Press Releases (http://www.maldef.org/news/press.cfm?ID=460&FromIndex=yes - broken link)

http://www.maldef.org/pdf/Consol.Dkt.152.Memorandum.Opiniond.Order.pdf (broken link)

Note :
Founder of MALDEF, Mario Obledo, said in 1998: "California is going to be a Hispanic state and anyone who doesn't like it should leave."

Point being, bringing this particular organization to your attention is, they've out-gunned you if you're against the wave of Hispania via illegal aliens, and you're going to have to get a lot smarter. They're well funded, politically active, and they're hitting you where it really hurts -- with law, and in the courts.

If you don't like it that a pregnant Mexican breaches the border to drop a baby here, and the baby gets a social security number without asking for the parent's social security numbers, well . . in part, it's courtesy of attorneys who are funded by organizations like this.

They are waging a war to destroy America, its borders, social fabric, economy, and reason of law into a perverse, corrupt partiality. They're winning.

Last edited by r601020; 08-20-2008 at 07:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 07:14 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,504,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
It doesn't help when there are people like you all around that wish to see our country taken over by Mexico. Why is it that you seem to love the illegal law breakers so much anyway? It makes no sense at all.
I have also wondered the same. It’s almost as though some form of mass indoctrination has transpired, and only a select group were chosen. Initially, I attributed this phenomenon to the bleeding heart liberal mentality. Then, I realized that couldn’t be the answer because I was also a BHL. This is not the mindset of a bleeding heart; they are blinded by something inexplicable.

It’s sad that they simply don’t comprehend how detrimental illegal immigration is to our nation. Nor do they realize their behavior is treasonous. Of course some are motivated by ethnic and racial loyalty, and have a closed mind to logic and reason. Others are either directly benefiting from illegal immigration, or are themselves illegal aliens or anchor babies.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:20 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,016,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have also wondered the same. It’s almost as though some form of mass indoctrination has transpired, and only a select group were chosen. Initially, I attributed this phenomenon to the bleeding heart liberal mentality. Then, I realized that couldn’t be the answer because I was also a BHL. This is not the mindset of a bleeding heart; they are blinded by something inexplicable.

It’s sad that they simply don’t comprehend how detrimental illegal immigration is to our nation. Nor do they realize their behavior is treasonous. Of course some are motivated by ethnic and racial loyalty, and have a closed mind to logic and reason. Others are either directly benefiting from illegal immigration, or are themselves illegal aliens or anchor babies.
One thing I have noticed is with virtually all self described Bleeding Hearts Liberals; when it comes to illegal immigration...........they take a hard turn to the right. Guys, we are discussing Minuteman class here.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:37 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,294,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
One thing I have noticed is with virtually all self described Bleeding Hearts Liberals; when it comes to illegal immigration...........they take a hard turn to the right. Guys, we are discussing Minuteman class here.
I agree. But wouldn't that make sense?. There is a difference between a BHL and the "pc type-I know better than you do liberal of today" . BIG DIFFERENCE. Liberal is really a very broad word really as conservative is-so many different people use those words to describe themselves and they mean different things to different people.

The BHL friends that I know have always been concerned with issues like livable wages, working conditions, helping a guy/gal out if they are in need, things like that. Helping one get ahead. They have not been give away the farm to anyone who wants it but let's help people out to better themselves in the long run. Not only do illegals demand demand and then demand some more but they bring down wages in many industies. While of course everyone is affected by illegals, the working poor are really hit hard. Since wages were low for them to begin with-how much further can the wages go? Then when a company is overrun with illegals-and we have seen this way too many times-they don't even want Americans there-even if they are willing to work for next to nothing. Also-how many of the really poor Americans have the resources to move out of their neighborhood when it has become overrun with illegals? Many simply do not have the resources. Their children in many cases get the shaft because a lot of the school resources are now devoted to ESL thus taking resources away from American children. Also kids who need scholarship to college now have to compete with illegals. I could go on and on. To me, I definelty see why BHL should be against the illegal invasion. The group that they "generally"- champion for is being severly hurt by people who broke the law.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:39 AM

638 posts, read 1,845,076 times
"As president, I will restore that leadership by working to advance the common prosperity and security of all of the people of the Americas. That work must begin with a renewed strategic partnership with Mexico. "
-- Barack Hussein Obama
Barack Obama: I will repair our relationship with Mexico | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Opinion: Viewpoints (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/viewpoints/stories/DN-obama_20edi.ART.State.Edition1.464da8e.html - broken link)

Hmm . . those words, "security", "prosperity", "partnership", sound familar. Where have I heard that before?

The Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America
SPP Home

"By now many Texans have heard about the proposed 'NAFTA Superhighway,' which is also referred to as the trans-Texas corridor," he said in a statement. "What you may not know is the extent to which plans for such a superhighway are moving forward without congressional oversight or media attention."
"Any movement toward a North American Union diminishes the ability of average Americans to influence the laws under which they must live. The SPP agreement, including the plan for a major transnational superhighway through Texas, is moving forward without congressional oversight – and that is an outrage. The administration needs a strong message from Congress that the American people will not tolerate backroom deals that threaten our sovereignty."
-- Ron Paul, Republican
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=52684

1:35 Obama pretending he's never heard the phrase "North American Union", says to the questioner, "Uh, what did you call it?"

YouTube - Barack is asked about the CFR/NAU - Part 6 (3/31/08)

YouTube - Barak Obama lying about his C.F.R./N.A.U ties!

It amazes me people don't see through Obama as a creep. And they certainly don't seem to be paying enough attention to what he's saying to the pro-illegal organizations.

Last edited by r601020; 08-20-2008 at 08:16 AM..

Old 08-20-2008, 07:47 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,504,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I agree. But wouldn't that make sense?. There is a difference between a BHL and the "pc type-I know better than you do liberal of today" . BIG DIFFERENCE. Liberal is really a very broad word really as conservative is-so many different people use those words to describe themselves and they mean different things to different people.

The BHL friends that I know have always been concerned with issues like livable wages, working conditions, helping a guy/gal out if they are in need, things like that. Helping one get ahead. They have not been give away the farm to anyone who wants it but let's help people out to better themselves in the long run. Not only do illegals demand demand and then demand some more but they bring down wages in many industies. While of course everyone is affected by illegals, the working poor are really hit hard. Since wages were low for them to begin with-how much further can the wages go? Then when a company is overrun with illegals-and we have seen this way too many times-they don't even want Americans there-even if they are willing to work for next to nothing. Also-how many of the really poor Americans have the resources to move out of their neighborhood when it has become overrun with illegals? Many simply do not have the resources. Their children in many cases get the shaft because a lot of the school resources are now devoted to ESL thus taking resources away from American children. Also kids who need scholarship to college now have to compete with illegals. I could go on and on. To me, I definelty see why BHL should be against the illegal invasion. The group that they "generally"- champion for is being severly hurt by people who broke the law.
I couldn't agree more. There is a HUGE difference between supporting those less fortunate, and condoning lawlessness and the destruction of our nation.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I couldn't agree more. There is a HUGE difference between supporting those less fortunate, and condoning lawlessness and the destruction of our nation.
Yes I agree. I guess the thing that again gets me angry is that resources being used on illegal aliens could be used for Americans. Remove all the illegals and we have a much better chance at getting our schools, hospitals, roads, etc. back on track. We would have more resources to battle crime as well. I know I bring that up a lot but to me it makes sense. Send those who don't belong here home and you will have a better chance at getting America and her problems under control. It should be about a better life for all Americans-let the other countries take care of their own citizens.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:55 AM

391 posts, read 870,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Of course you should be upset-you are an American. While I am sure that you are proud of your heritage-aren't most people? I would guess from your posts that you consider yourself an American first and your loyalties lie with America. It is mind boggling isn't it? It defies logic and common sense. Every American should be outraged about what is happening to our country whether they are black, white, brown, yellow or red. We are all Americans and this greatly affects our country. The problem is that some Americans are not Americans first. Others would rather save a buck or two with cheap labor. Still others have bought into the pcness crap that we are racist if we want law enforced.

It is a shame because all that needed to be done to prevent this was to enforce law. If we had only done that, we would be in a much better position in this country.
Enforce the law? That is not going to work. They want to stop the mexican people but they do nothing to stop those other aliens coming though Canada. We would have to build a giant wall completely around the USA and the way things run around here we would become a giant fish bowl.
Just because one is mexican and born in america someone at sometime crossed that border and just because sassy wants humane treatment for those desperate to cross does not mean she has or will do anything illegal and it does not mean she does not stand by this country either.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:59 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,029,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Mind reader . . . I was thinking that as I posted the article. I lived in North Dallas from 1996-98. Not sure if it was where I lived or if they hadn't invaded that area yet, but the only illegals I ever saw were in one particular pick up spot right off the expressway. Even then they were few, far and in between. I can't imagine the horror of living in Texas now.
Where did you live? If you check greatschools.org for the student info on your old schools, it may be a clue. DISD had hispanic growth of 40,000 in the last decade.

If you check those stats can you post? I would be interested to know.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Enforce the law? That is not going to work. They want to stop the mexican people but they do nothing to stop those other aliens coming though Canada. We would have to build a giant wall completely around the USA and the way things run around here we would become a giant fish bowl.
Just because one is mexican and born in america someone at sometime crossed that border and just because sassy wants humane treatment for those desperate to cross does not mean she has or will do anything illegal and it does not mean she does not stand by this country either.
I want both of our borders secured the one to our north and the one to our south. Enforcing the law and securing our borders would work-if only we did it. If it takes living in a fishbowl-as you put it-to put Americans first, keep them safe and protect American sovereignty-than so be it. Having wide open borders and lawlessness certainly has not worked and it will be the eventual downfall of this country as we will no longer be a sovereign nation if it is allowed to continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration