Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:07 PM

391 posts, read 872,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I've posted several times what illegal immigration has done to MY life, but it doesn't seem to reach you somehow, or if it does you 'enjoy hearing it'...
I see the hate for mexican people and the illegal aliens on this site as well. I have seen how immigrants have been treated when aprehended given no humanitarian aid, water, food or basic first aid. I get from people on this site that oh well they deserve it. Would you feel this way if the situation were reversed? Don't anyone try and tell me you would not do anything to help feed your children etc if they were starving to death and if you needed aid you would probably receive it from the kind people out their that give aid to the needy.
What sassy said is tell her what an alien has personally done to you. Did they take your bean picking job from you or the other jobs Americans are too lazy to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 09:09 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I see the hate for mexican people and the illegal aliens on this site as well. I have seen how immigrants have been treated when aprehended given no humanitarian aid, water, food or basic first aid. I get from people on this site that oh well they deserve it. Would you feel this way if the situation were reversed? Don't anyone try and tell me you would not do anything to help feed your children etc if they were starving to death and if you needed aid you would probably receive it from the kind people out their that give aid to the needy.
What sassy said is tell her what an alien has personally done to you. Did they take your bean picking job from you or the other jobs Americans are too lazy to do?
Well, they have driven down the wages so low that Americans cannot afford to take them. Most Americans not really into that whole 20 to a house thing A real life example of this would be the kosher packing house debacle...you did see how the illegals were being paid $5 an hour? Do you honestly thing US citizens or legal immigrants would be paid $5 an hour for that type of work? Do you really think that in Iowa of all places the people were too squemish and/or lazy to work in a packing house? Please.....the greed of the packing house owners worked in collusion with the desperation of the illegals to take jobs away from Americans and legal residents.
There, is that good enough for you?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:23 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, they have driven down the wages so low that Americans cannot afford to take them. Most Americans not really into that whole 20 to a house thing A real life example of this would be the kosher packing house debacle...you did see how the illegals were being paid $5 an hour? Do you honestly thing US citizens or legal immigrants would be paid $5 an hour for that type of work? Do you really think that in Iowa of all places the people were too squemish and/or lazy to work in a packing house? Please.....the greed of the packing house owners worked in collusion with the desperation of the illegals to take jobs away from Americans and legal residents.
There, is that good enough for you?
oh i wish that i could rep you again! i wish that all of these pro-illegal ppl could live in illegal ridden southern california as i did. when i first went to calif, i was very "live and let live", soaking in the california vibe everywhere that i went. when i saw up close the immigrants' abuses of the welfare, healthcare and education systems, i steadily wished that the state/federal governments would enforce the immigration laws. i personally believe that living in a place like so cal as i did would turn any pro-illegal advocate 180 degrees around as it did me. the immigrants have ruined california forever with their immense costs to the taxpayers. incidentally, if any of you think that texas has an illegal problem, it is NOTHING compared to so cal.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:33 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
Quote:
I see the hate for mexican people and the illegal aliens on this site as well. I have seen how immigrants have been treated when aprehended given no humanitarian aid, water, food or basic first aid.
Here's a look at how the Minutemen treat illegals on the border...
YouTube - MCDC "A true Minuteman caught on video"
Quote:
I get from people on this site that oh well they deserve it. Would you feel this way if the situation were reversed?
Do they not CHOOSE to take those risks?? Just to break our laws and steal from our pockets? Take responsibility for your actions and quit blaming everyone else for your burdens.Did you ever stop to think that your burdens are God's way of saying that you're really pissing him off?
Quote:
Don't anyone try and tell me you would not do anything to help feed your children etc if they were starving to death and if you needed aid you would probably receive it from the kind people out their that give aid to the needy.
Please stop with the starving babies BULLS**T, anyone that can read knows better than THAT crock of lies.
Quote:
No, I never picked beans, and I don't think you can name a SINGLE job that Americans are too lazy to do.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:36 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
It doesn't help when there are people like you all around that wish to see our country taken over by Mexico. Why is it that you seem to love the illegal law breakers so much anyway? It makes no sense at all.
Show me where I wished to see our country over by Mexico?
I have not said that.
I also never said I love law breakers? We have a different view on this last one, I love the Mexican people period, and if that makes me out to be a traitor, so be it.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Again: blacknight04; beware of the ICE hammer if you and/or your friends and family members are here illegally
why is it you always seem to threaten members on this site? just because all of us have different ideas and perspectives does not automatically make us illegal or pro-illegal. It just means our perspective is different than yours. Not right or wrong just different.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
why is it you always seem to threaten members on this site? just because all of us have different ideas and perspectives does not automatically make us illegal or pro-illegal. It just means our perspective is different than yours. Not right or wrong just different.
And yet those of us who take exception to illegal immigration are labeled racist.....wonder why the double standard?

Old 08-27-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Here's a look at how the Minutemen treat illegals on the border...
YouTube - MCDC "A true Minuteman caught on video" Do they not CHOOSE to take those risks?? Just to break our laws and steal from our pockets? Take responsibility for your actions and quit blaming everyone else for your burdens.Did you ever stop to think that your burdens are God's way of saying that you're really pissing him off? Please stop with the starving babies BULLS**T, anyone that can read knows better than THAT crock of lies.
No, I never picked beans, and I don't think you can name a SINGLE job that Americans are too lazy to do.

I do not believe all treatment is humane but I know some is. I have seen both while in Arizona.
I take responsibilty for my own actions and I blame no one for my burdens. You said that not I.
Also I have seen those starving babies and families so it is NOT BS to me it is reality.
I know several farmers who need their produce picked and they rely on immigrants for their work in the fields because most americans won't do that hard of labor for minimum wage. Actually they could not get any even through the welfare office. How about those americans on welfare? Is it beneath them or those people on corners or off ranps begging for a hand out, will they do it? No. So I will say field work is a job americans won't do. If it weren't true then those street corner beggers and those welfare life timers( not the ones who use it temporarily) would work the fields. I live in a large agriculteral area and have talked to many pf our farmers who just can't get anyone to work. They pay minimum wage but that is not good enough. So fron MY perspective this is what I know. That being said I never said I am pro-illegal immigrant, but I do love hispanic people and their culture.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I do not believe all treatment is humane but I know some is. I have seen both while in Arizona.
I take responsibilty for my own actions and I blame no one for my burdens. You said that not I.
Also I have seen those starving babies and families so it is NOT BS to me it is reality.
I know several farmers who need their produce picked and they rely on immigrants for their work in the fields because most americans won't do that hard of labor for minimum wage. Actually they could not get any even through the welfare office. How about those americans on welfare? Is it beneath them or those people on corners or off ranps begging for a hand out, will they do it? No. So I will say field work is a job americans won't do. If it weren't true then those street corner beggers and those welfare life timers( not the ones who use it temporarily) would work the fields. I live in a large agriculteral area and have talked to many pf our farmers who just can't get anyone to work. They pay minimum wage but that is not good enough. So fron MY perspective this is what I know. That being said I never said I am pro-illegal immigrant, but I do love hispanic people and their culture.
I would hope the welfare queens and hobos are no more typical of the average american worker then the overly sharpied chola is of a mexican woman.
If there is a need for agricultural workers, then yes, give out temporary work visas. But said need doesn't equate to the millions of illegals in this country already, not to mention those still trying to get in.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:57 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
oh i wish that i could rep you again! i wish that all of these pro-illegal ppl could live in illegal ridden southern california as i did. when i first went to calif, i was very "live and let live", soaking in the california vibe everywhere that i went. when i saw up close the immigrants' abuses of the welfare, healthcare and education systems, i steadily wished that the state/federal governments would enforce the immigration laws. i personally believe that living in a place like so cal as i did would turn any pro-illegal advocate 180 degrees around as it did me. the immigrants have ruined california forever with their immense costs to the taxpayers. incidentally, if any of you think that texas has an illegal problem, it is NOTHING compared to so cal.
Most of us didn't mind that much when it was a few thousand here and there - we could absorb the illegal immigration and most of them tended to follow our other laws after they arrived. Now it's millions and millions and they have such strength in numbers that laws aren't being enforced, the politicians pander to them, schools and health care are changing to cater to only them, etc.

Remember how Carl Sagan used to say, "billions and billions"? Well change it to "millions and millions" and think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration