U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Mexicans are still bitter about George W. Bush, a Texan who took office in 2000 promising a new kind of partnership with Mexico. Instead, Bush has overseen an unprecedented fortification of the border and a crackdown on illegal Mexican immigrants.
Arizona Republic article

WOW----------and, us Americans perceive Bush as being pro illegal immigrant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 07:40 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article

Of course, Mexico would love to have their millions of underclass and miscreants amnestied to completely rid themselves of their responsibility, while continuing to benefit from the billions in remittances. With dual citizenship, they would also be in a position to influence political initiatives in favor of Mexico. It would definitely be a win-win situation for the Mexican government.

Initially, I believed Bush and his minions were actually pro-illegal. Then, I began to realize they simply feigned a pro-illegal stance, and actually had no intentions of passing an amnesty bill. I still believe that both candidates will follow suit, because amnesty would defeat the purpose of having millions of illegal alien Ďslavesí in the country. The corporate masters thrive on the cheap labor, and they will continue with the status quo, by any means necessary. Itís all a facade; and the pro-illegal sheeple are too blind to realize they are simply being duped. At least we (anti-illegals) realize we can't trust our government -- for what it's worth.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:43 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Arizona Republic article

Wow, what country were the writers of this story living in? Certainly not this one.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:56 AM

35,885 posts, read 65,265,344 times
QUOTE from article: "More than 9 million Mexican-born people live in the United States, both legally and illegally, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. The $24 billion that they send to their families in Mexico annually serves as an important economic cushion, helping Mexico weather downturns and damping social unrest."

Uh, no kidding. We are underwriting Mexico's economy. Damn ridiculous and outrageous!!!!! And note: estimates are closer to 20 M illegals - this article plays it down and says 9 M. Heck, it hasn't been 9 M for 10 years - we have far surpassed that amount of illegals here, and even if 2 M are from other places (i.e. Guatemala, etc) 9 M is still a very low and incorrect figure.

Seems Mexico thinks sucking off the USA is a very workable strategy for their economy. And we just let them continue slipping into our country.

Where does the madness STOP?????

Old 08-20-2008, 08:10 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Wow, what country were the writers of this story living in? Certainly not this one.
The Arizona Republic newspaper has a pro illegal bias........though as of late: the word 'undocumented' seems to be going away.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:14 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
The Arizona Republic newspaper has a pro illegal bias........though as of late: the word 'undocumented' seems to be going away.
Could that be because the "undocumented" are going away due to the new laws?

Old 08-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Quote:
by Chris Hawley and Sergio Solache - Aug. 20, 2008 12:00 AM
Republic Mexico City Bureau
I don't see what is wrong with getting citizens of other countries perspective on the election or would you rather have us live in a vacuum? Plus I think they are right on, the slumping US economy and 9/11 has made this country more isolated.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I don't see what is wrong with getting citizens of other countries perspective on the election or would you rather have us live in a vacuum?
Perspective? I think this is more than perspective. They are basically crying because many American citizens fought and defeated amnesty more than once in the Bush administration.

Perspective? This article shows the "ME ME ME" mentaility of Mexico-they want more and more from us-whether it be $$, amnesty for illegals, jobs for illegals so they can wire $$ back home. This is not "perspective"- this is a laundry list of wants.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:31 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Well of course from a business perspective, Mexico wants to improve and open doors with the US improves them.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:33 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I don't see what is wrong with getting citizens of other countries perspective on the election or would you rather have us live in a vacuum? Plus I think they are right on, the slumping US economy and 9/11 has made this country more isolated.
Isolated? Apparently, Mexico our worst neighbor ever, didn't get the memo. It sure would be nice to isolated from them. America would no doubt be a far richer, better and safer place without their millions of lawless peasants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or