U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:03 PM

67 posts, read 260,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
txlady lives in a world where not shopping will stop the illegals but going shopping will stop the terrorists.

But anything's possible when you can hit a golf ball with an AK47 at 400 yds.
NO ONE SAID IT WOULD WORK .bUT ANY KIND OF ORGANIZATION IS BETTER THAN NONE!AND BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE THE SKILL TO HIT THAT GOLF BALL WITH AN IMPORT DOSENT MEAN OTHERS CANT.GUESS YOU SHOULD TELL THE RANGEMASTERS WHO VERIFIED IT THEY CANT SEE BY THE WAY ITS WAS AN AQT ARMY QUALIFACTION TEST.BUT WHAT DOES THE MILITARY KNOW??

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 02-01-2007 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 01-31-2007, 06:08 PM

9,715 posts, read 12,973,530 times
Quote:
Quote:
berry pie i am forwarding the link to everyone i know.I got an idea also , start telling the illigals wher and when you see them ,they are not welcome and you stand up for yourself.

<snip>

Oh yeah, that's a brilliant (and kind) idea... And how exactly do you plan to identify the illegal immigrants, in order to be mean to their faces? Or do you just want to shout things at any brown-skinned, Spanish-speaking person you see?
I think she means that we have to ask them to see their papers.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:23 PM

173 posts, read 372,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think she means that we have to ask them to see their papers.
That looks like that is a quote from me(BerryPie). I did not write that. I would not ask anyone to see their papers nor would I tell anyone they are not weclome. That is our government's job.

My whole point on this forum is to wake people up and hope they realize that there are some very serious social issues facing the citizens of this country, and to face the fact that people do not like it when some of these issues come to the forefront.

Hopefully, we can make a difference if we ban together and hopefully, we TOO can be heard.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:57 PM

354 posts, read 763,065 times
January 31st is on its way out.. did you hit 'em where it hurts?

Old 01-31-2007, 08:28 PM

18 posts, read 55,619 times
Someone needs to put up a website that will point out all the businessís that hire, or use illegals. Then I would know who and what to boycott. On a further note have you ever seen a bathroom in a corn or bean field, or any farmers field? I wonder how e-coli gets there??

And I would love to shooting at golf balls anyday, I always cheat and use oranges. I donít have an AKA or sks, but I do have a mosin and an 8mm Mauser. To name a few..

Old 02-01-2007, 10:18 AM

752 posts, read 595,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson20 View Post
Someone needs to put up a website that will point out all the business’s that hire, or use illegals. Then I would know who and what to boycott. On a further note have you ever seen a bathroom in a corn or bean field, or any farmers field? I wonder how e-coli gets there??

And I would love to shooting at golf balls anyday, I always cheat and use oranges. I don’t have an AKA or sks, but I do have a mosin and an 8mm Mauser. To name a few..
See, now there's an idea. Make lemons into lemonade.

Start a business that gives a "Certified Legal" label to any trade that don't hire illegals and is willing submit themselves for unscheduled audit to prove it. The Fair Trade label has done something very similar to that and made a tidy business of it.

You can do your bit to stop illegal trade in labor, and make some money at the same time. Some crafty entrepreneur will come up with it eventually, why can't it be you?

Old 02-01-2007, 10:20 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,717,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson20 View Post
Someone needs to put up a website that will point out all the businessís that hire, or use illegals. Then I would know who and what to boycott. On a further note have you ever seen a bathroom in a corn or bean field, or any farmers field? I wonder how e-coli gets there??

And I would love to shooting at golf balls anyday, I always cheat and use oranges. I donít have an AKA or sks, but I do have a mosin and an 8mm Mauser. To name a few..
Stop buying new houses, alot of contractors use illegals, dont eat in small local restuarants, atleast here anyway, dont eat at MCdonalds or shop at Walmart, list goes on and on.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:35 AM

1,275 posts, read 2,127,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
This will not have a negative impact on the economyÖ
Quote:
Originally Posted by txlady View Post
NO ONE SAID IT WOULD WORK .
So itís the thought that counts. How sweet. I love heartwarming boycotts that are not effective. You two bring a new definition to ďrevolutionaryĒ.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:30 AM

504 posts, read 1,621,338 times
Seems to me that Cesar Chavez made sure out houses were put in fields so the migrants had a place to go. For a long time the woman had to hike up their skirts and were being watched by the overseers, yes, there is out houses in the fields.
Did you think these people do not know how to use the bathrooms and wash their hands?
You will see me marching for amnesty, and for decent treatment of the people that gladly do a lot of work we don't.
I too get up set at the cultural differences, but then I realize that just because I am white Anglo Saxon and here legally that does not mean because someone is different their wrong.
I no longer have children in school, and my youngest went to private school, but I am very glad that my taxes are going to help children of all nationalities learn and become good citizens that will love this country as I do.
Good idea, post businesses that use undocumented workers and do not use them or their products, you won't eat, unless you grow your own or raise your own, don't go to Wal Mart[good idea]or use the roads, or have new construction, don't go to fast food restaurants, most of their meat is butchered by undocumented workers. Be very careful what you buy in the supermarket, its probably been tainted by an undocumented worker. Take a very good look at all the things you use and think about where they came from, and who made it possible.
I need a new roof, and Spring is coming, I am going to call a roofing company and ask them to please provide documentation for all the workers that they are going to have at my house, bet my roof will leak before I can get it replaced by United States citizens or documented workers.
I think it would be fun for all business to post in their signage that all workers are American citizens and all their products are made and grown by the same, perhaps a little American Flag in the corner would do. How many will you see?
When we wanted cheap labor, disposible products, and immediate gratification we invited people that could provide this for us.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:45 AM

173 posts, read 372,583 times
I know we will spend our money the day before, and the day after the one day a month boycott. So it really does not make a difference in items purchased on that last day of the month every month.

What the last day of the month boycott is meant to do, is to make a difference on the boycott day itself. This way, when something happens in the future that we think is important enough to boycott, commerce will know that if we are pushed into it, we can, and will boycott a company long enough to make a difference in their profits.

If we choose to boycott, say a Tyson meat packing plant, we will boycott that brand for a given time, until the owner decides to follow the law.

Basically right now, we are just getting ourselves in a position of strength. One day a month won't hurt any of us. This will show we have strength in numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or