U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2007, 11:08 AM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,490,525 times
Reputation: 413

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
While we're at it, why don't we stop buying anything that isn't made in the USA... then we can whine about all the Chinese, Malaysian & Indian immigrants, who come here when their jobs are gone!! Yeah, we be real smart....

I do that now, I look for the made in U.S.A. tags..You might try it yourself. Feels good to know you are helping to keep an American working.

And if you think you are saving that much just because you buy the made in china tag you are so wrong. All you are doing is putting a bigger profit in wal marts and home depots and others like them bank accounts.

"Chinese, Malaysian & Indian immigrants" and if they are here illegal, he**yes send them home too !

And I think there are at least 30,000 illegal chinese already here, so what's your point ? And china has said they wont take them back.

 
Old 02-01-2007, 11:14 AM
 
504 posts, read 1,619,324 times
Reputation: 324
I too look for made in the USA, other than a few things like Zippo lighters, what is made here? I mean all of the product made here?
Sometimes I wonder whether we should be proud of ourselves for keeping a lot of the world going or be upset because we no longer make anything here.
 
Old 02-01-2007, 11:18 AM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,490,525 times
Reputation: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson20 View Post
Someone needs to put up a website that will point out all the businessís that hire, or use illegals. Then I would know who and what to boycott. On a further note have you ever seen a bathroom in a corn or bean field, or any farmers field? I wonder how e-coli gets there??

And I would love to shooting at golf balls anyday, I always cheat and use oranges. I donít have an AKA or sks, but I do have a mosin and an 8mm Mauser. To name a few..


It's called www.wehirealiens.com It's a good website. I have even reported a business to them.
 
Old 02-01-2007, 11:25 AM
 
504 posts, read 1,619,324 times
Reputation: 324
How many business do you think there are? We don't have enough people to police them all, nor will we, the US governement is pushing amnesty and it looks like it will be a given. So all of you better get used to the idea and become part of the answer and not the hating problem.
 
Old 02-01-2007, 11:31 AM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,490,525 times
Reputation: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Seems to me that Cesar Chavez made sure out houses were put in fields so the migrants had a place to go. For a long time the woman had to hike up their skirts and were being watched by the overseers, yes, there is out houses in the fields.
Did you think these people do not know how to use the bathrooms and wash their hands?
You will see me marching for amnesty, and for decent treatment of the people that gladly do a lot of work we don't.
I too get up set at the cultural differences, but then I realize that just because I am white Anglo Saxon and here legally that does not mean because someone is different their wrong.
I no longer have children in school, and my youngest went to private school, but I am very glad that my taxes are going to help children of all nationalities learn and become good citizens that will love this country as I do.
Good idea, post businesses that use undocumented workers and do not use them or their products, you won't eat, unless you grow your own or raise your own, don't go to Wal Mart[good idea]or use the roads, or have new construction, don't go to fast food restaurants, most of their meat is butchered by undocumented workers. Be very careful what you buy in the supermarket, its probably been tainted by an undocumented worker. Take a very good look at all the things you use and think about where they came from, and who made it possible.
I need a new roof, and Spring is coming, I am going to call a roofing company and ask them to please provide documentation for all the workers that they are going to have at my house, bet my roof will leak before I can get it replaced by United States citizens or documented workers.
I think it would be fun for all business to post in their signage that all workers are American citizens and all their products are made and grown by the same, perhaps a little American Flag in the corner would do. How many will you see?
When we wanted cheap labor, disposible products, and immediate gratification we invited people that could provide this for us.
There may be outhouses in the fields, but I have never seen one that had hot running water to wash ones hands after using it.

I'm an American citizen and I will be glad to replace your roof and will bring all American citizens to help and even American citizens to haul off the old roof and trash...This is only if you live in the Houston area tho.

And I never invited anyone here to do anything cheap for me. Cheap is never better.
 
Old 02-01-2007, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times
Reputation: 18568
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I do that now, I look for the made in U.S.A. tags..You might try it yourself. Feels good to know you are helping to keep an American working.
Nah... I'm not that selfish, and have no problem with supporting foreign workers. Unless I hear they're being treated poorly (like Martha Stewart's company), why shouldn't we "share the wealth", so to speak? What makes Americans so gosh-darned special that we deserve to have everything? Besides, most of the clothing manufacturers serve other countries, not just the US... go to any major city in the world, and you can probably find a GAP.

Quote:
And if you think you are saving that much just because you buy the made in china tag you are so wrong. All you are doing is putting a bigger profit in wal marts and home depots and others like them bank accounts.
I don't think anything about saving money, because I don't study the tags of every purchase I make... I'm not a bargain shopper (don't I wish, LOL), and buy what I like, not what agrees with my political beliefs. That's not to say I don't buy USA-made items too, but it's not the deciding factor in my purchases.

Quote:
"Chinese, Malaysian & Indian immigrants" and if they are here illegal, he**yes send them home too !

And I think there are at least 30,000 illegal chinese already here, so what's your point ? And china has said they wont take them back.
Obviously you missed my entire point... I was saying that if we only buy "Made in the USA" products, the foreign workers will lose jobs, and possibly be forced to immigrate here. And then people like you would whine about that, not realizing you caused the situation. I'm the type of person who thinks globally, and realizes we must all work together - unless you plan to run your car on vegetable oil, that is. Anyway, I'm getting off the original topic, so my other point was that you're not thinking logically with a boycott.
 
Old 02-01-2007, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times
Reputation: 18568
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
I too look for made in the USA, other than a few things like Zippo lighters, what is made here? I mean all of the product made here?
Sometimes I wonder whether we should be proud of ourselves for keeping a lot of the world going or be upset because we no longer make anything here.
I looked at the labels of my clothing... the pants were made in India, the shirt in Malaysia, my bra in Sri Lanka, and the blanket draped over me was made in China. Oh, and my pajamas from last night were made in Vietnam. Geez, if it weren't for the Asian countries, I'd be freezing my butt off right now!!

Seriously, as Alexander said, very little is actually made in the United States these days - even "American" cars have parts that come from all over the world. And this isn't just true about Americans, for those who can't think outside of here... I used to drive a Volkswagen, and while the parts came from Germany, it was assembled in Mexico. That was a good car, but not as good as the Japanese/Mexican/American Honda I drive now.
 
Old 02-01-2007, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times
Reputation: 18568
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
It's called www.wehirealiens.com It's a good website. I have even reported a business to them.
That website is complete BS... I looked through it for a minute (which made me feel dirty, LOL), and you know what some of their "overwhelming evidence" includes? "One of their employees didn't speak english; an employee said they just arrived; etc." Do you know how many LEGAL citizens don't speak english?? And just because someone is new to our country, that doesn't mean they arrived illegally... boy, what a way to welcome our new residents. Anyway, I certainly hope you had better evidence than that before reporting anyone, because you're messing with their lives - you may have hurt a legitimate business, and American citizens in the process. Very dangerous, these sites...
 
Old 02-01-2007, 12:23 PM
 
165 posts, read 281,097 times
Reputation: 47
Sites like that are dangerous. Imagine one business owner 'ratting' on his/her competitor?
 
Old 02-01-2007, 12:27 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Reputation: 2086
People need to have credible evidence before reporting these businesses, it isnt hard to find out, my neighbor hired a landscape company and asked for proof his employees were legal. the business owner turned and quickly walked away. he got reported. If they are legit they will have no problem showing you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top