U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:30 PM

173 posts, read 371,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
How many business do you think there are? We don't have enough people to police them all, nor will we, the US government is pushing amnesty and it looks like it will be a given. So all of you better get used to the idea and become part of the answer and not the hating problem.
Apparently you don't live in an area like I live in. Within five years our wonderful hometown has turned into a Hispanic ghetto.

Have the Hispanics done ANYTHING to improve the area? No they have not, they have done EVERYTHING to tear it down. They have turned it into a giant trash heap.

Am I supposed to just accept this behavior? I will not just hand it over to them. THEY need to be a "part of the answer". THEY need to do the right thing. THEY need to go home and come back lawfully to this country. THEY need to learn what it means to be an American.

Please don't equate demanding our immigration laws be followed, with a "hate" thing. It has nothing to do with hate. It has to do with all of our children's future.

Here are some reasons for the once a month boycott......

Frequent Questions About the Boycott
There are some misconceptions and misunderstandings about the We the People Boycott. Below are answers to some of the most frequent questions we've been asked since we launched the website:

[Administrator: cut - copyrighted material]

There are many more reasons here... http://www.wethepeopleboycott.org/faq.shtml

Last edited by Administrator; 02-02-2007 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: cut - copyrighted material

Old 02-01-2007, 02:17 PM

77 posts, read 441,796 times
There are additional ways to voice your concerns about immigration, both legal and illegal: Contact your legislators, both state and federal, by phone, email and snail mail to voice your concerns, and do it every day. Most people have cell phones with unlimited long distance and email is free.

Our education system is failing our young people. That is why so many tech jobs go to foreigners.

I try to buy American-made products but sometimes that is impossible. I make a special effort to avoid Chinese goods because our trade deficit with China is so enormous.
I never shop at China-Mart.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:12 AM

28,167 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
People need to have credible evidence before reporting these businesses, it isnt hard to find out, my neighbor hired a landscape company and asked for proof his employees were legal. the business owner turned and quickly walked away. he got reported. If they are legit they will have no problem showing you.
They don't need credible evidence to post on that site... go check it out for yourself. Obviously the site doesn't have any real authority, but people do believe that junk, which might hurt a legitimate business.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:19 AM

1,275 posts, read 2,123,814 times
Quote:
People need to have credible evidence before reporting these businesses, it isnt hard to find out, my neighbor hired a landscape company and asked for proof his employees were legal. the business owner turned and quickly walked away. he got reported. If they are legit they will have no problem showing you.
Wow, sounds like due process and credible evidence to me. Could it also mean that the landscaper thought it was none of the potential clients business and for personal reasons decided not to conduct business with that client? Silence is not proof of a crime.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:33 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Wow, sounds like due process and credible evidence to me. Could it also mean that the landscaper thought it was none of the potential clients business and for personal reasons decided not to conduct business with that client? Silence is not proof of a crime.
Wow you are a real smart a** arent ya?

No as it turns out the guy was investigated for not reporting wages, with good reason, he was paying the illegals cash and is now out of business. And a client has every right to know who is doing the work on their property.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Wow you are a real smart a** arent ya?

No as it turns out the guy was investigated for not reporting wages, with good reason, he was paying the illegals cash and is now out of business. And a client has every right to know who is doing the work on their property.
Yes, a client has every right to know who is on their property and a business has a right to not provide information to a potential client. Unless there is a law that states a business has to provide the information.

Besides, you didn’t provide any information of the “investigation” all you stated was:

Quote:
If they are legit they will have no problem showing you.
What your saying is that people should “prove” they are not doing anything wrong. What if people don’t feel it is any of your business? What if you have a kid that I don’t think is old enough to drive, should I go up to your kid and say “show me your driver’s license”. After all, if they are legit your kid would have no problem showing it to me. Right?

Old 02-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Yes, a client has every right to know who is on their property and a business has a right to not provide information to a potential client. Unless there is a law that states a business has to provide the information.

Besides, you didn’t provide any information of the “investigation” all you stated was:

What your saying is that people should “prove” they are not doing anything wrong. What if people don’t feel it is any of your business? What if you have a kid that I don’t think is old enough to drive, should I go up to your kid and say “show me your driver’s license”. After all, if they are legit your kid would have no problem showing it to me. Right?

Absolutly, got nothing to hide, no problem, better safe than sorry!!!!! maybe if people asked more questions, bad things would happen alot less. Yes business atleast in construction have to give their business license number to clients, and proof of insurance and workers comp, this guy had none. Sorry I didnt go into more detail for you. And it is my business, if you are going to be taking my money I have a right to know you are legit. Sounds to me like anyone with a problem with it may have something to hide.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Absolutly, got nothing to hide, no problem, better safe than sorry!!!!! maybe if people asked more questions, bad things would happen alot less.
Really, nothing to hide, so I can stop you and your family where ever I want to make sure you didn’t do anything wrong? If you’re coming out of store, I can check to see if you have a receipt for all the items purchased? I can go on your property to make sure you have your pets licensed? I can ask to see your tax forms to make sure you didn’t “fudge” the numbers on those deductions and you’ll provide it to me? I doubt anyone is that open to blanketly believe they will willingly provide all the information because they have “nothing to hide”.

Quote:
Yes business atleast in construction have to give their business license number to clients, and proof of insurance and workers comp, this guy had none. Sorry I didnt go into more detail for you. And it is my business, if you are going to be taking my money I have a right to know you are legit. Sounds to me like anyone with a problem with it may have something to hide.
I don’t disagree with you there. All the times I’ve had construction work done I only used licensed and bonded contractors. I’ve also doublechecked their license online through the licensing agency to make sure they are valid. However if I ask a possible contractor about their employees and they refuse to answer, I wont think the worst and they have something to hide, maybe they don’t feel it is any of my business to question the status of their employees. However if I ask about their license and insurance and they don’t want to provide it, then yeah, maybe they do have something to hide. However I see a difference in what I’m asking.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Really, nothing to hide, so I can stop you and your family where ever I want to make sure you didn’t do anything wrong? If you’re coming out of store, I can check to see if you have a receipt for all the items purchased? I can go on your property to make sure you have your pets licensed? I can ask to see your tax forms to make sure you didn’t “fudge” the numbers on those deductions and you’ll provide it to me? I doubt anyone is that open to blanketly believe they will willingly provide all the information because they have “nothing to hide”.

I don’t disagree with you there. All the times I’ve had construction work done I only used licensed and bonded contractors. I’ve also doublechecked their license online through the licensing agency to make sure they are valid. However if I ask a possible contractor about their employees and they refuse to answer, I wont think the worst and they have something to hide, maybe they don’t feel it is any of my business to question the status of their employees. However if I ask about their license and insurance and they don’t want to provide it, then yeah, maybe they do have something to hide. However I see a difference in what I’m asking.

the first part is completely assine to say the least. how did we go from having contractors do our work and asking if they are legit to asking for stuff as we come out of the stores? If a cop pulls my son over because he suspects he is drunk should my son say thats none of your business, or when he asks for proof of insurance, it is none of his business? And yes when i leave Costco, they do ask to see my reciept, thats their policy. I have no problem showing it. I gotta go I have more work to do, besides I am tired of the we love illegals, let them stay and leech off us debate. Enjoy.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
the first part is completely assine to say the least. how did we go from having contractors do our work and asking if they are legit to asking for stuff as we come out of the stores? If a cop pulls my son over because he suspects he is drunk should my son say thats none of your business, or when he asks for proof of insurance, it is none of his business? And yes when i leave Costco, they do ask to see my reciept, thats their policy. I have no problem showing it. I gotta go I have more work to do, besides I am tired of the we love illegals, let them stay and leech off us debate. Enjoy.
What’s asinine is you contradicting yourself and changing the context of the issue. When I asked you before if I wanted to see your kids license to see if they can drive, you specifically said:

Quote:
Absolutly, got nothing to hide, no problem, better safe than sorry
I never said anything about a cop with reasonable cause or suspicion. However you were the one with the “got nothing to hide” but when I ask you some more you get very defensive and now have to go. What have you got to hide huh?

However thanks for proving my point. People dont feel that they have to "prove" anything if you ask for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or