U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-05-2008, 06:03 AM

17,249 posts, read 13,385,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
We need a time out on everything. The front page of my paper this morning-Bush signed approval for another 60,000 refugees to come here. I am sorry but we are in hard economic times in this country but we are going to bring another 60,000 here? That is in addition to legal immigrants, visa holders and the 20+ million illegals. When does our government say enough is enough? We have kids living in poverty in OUR country, we have crime stricken cities in OUR country. We have people losing jobs to outsourcng, illegal aliens, economic downturn in OUR country. The city I used to live in takes in a lot of refugees. They keep sending more and more to the city-even though the city says they cannot afford anymore. Last year AFTER the city had finished their budget-and had to cut services for Americans- the institute surprised them with an additional 100 refugees. The city had to cut snow removal last year-in northern New England! Now they want to send more refugees. What about the working men and women who need roads cleared to go to work? What about taxes that will be raised to hire another ESL teacher The social services and welfare? All the billions of dollars or more of foreign aid in this world and we still are going to take 60,000 more refugees? Why do we send foreign aid and take in refugees? Shouldn't it be one or the other? I think our country has been very generous in taking in refugees. However I think with 4.00/gallon gas and oil prices-we need to worry about the Americans who are not going to be able to afford their heating bills this winter than bringing 60,000 more people here. There are middle class people that might not be able to afford their heating bills if they have oil and it is a cold winter up here-it is not just the very poor.

Nicolem
Yet we have people that think we have an endless supply of money to hand out. Of course it isn't THEIR money, just money. Money off of a widget tree as they don't care where it comes from just hand it out so they can feel all giddy.
I've always said why are'nt we stopping warships coming back from the middeast and loading them up with people dying from starvation and war in Africa? Surely these people deserve the same chance as the horde running across or swimming across? They too only want a better life, right?

Because we can't that's why. Where do we draw the line? How much poverty can we import before the poverty is the majority? Who will then pay?

Old 09-05-2008, 07:04 AM

7,020 posts, read 6,957,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yet we have people that think we have an endless supply of money to hand out. Of course it isn't THEIR money, just money. Money off of a widget tree as they don't care where it comes from just hand it out so they can feel all giddy.
I've always said why are'nt we stopping warships coming back from the middeast and loading them up with people dying from starvation and war in Africa? Surely these people deserve the same chance as the horde running across or swimming across? They too only want a better life, right?

Because we can't that's why. Where do we draw the line? How much poverty can we import before the poverty is the majority? Who will then pay?
Agreed. Americans are dying and suffering in record numbers as a direct result of the massive presence and drain of illegal aliens and their uncontrolled, astronomical birth rates. Our tax dollars are being wasted and squandered while providing welfare, healthcare and various other social services that they should not receive. Adding insult to injury, the cost of: hiring more border patrol, cleaning up our borders, sealing drug tunnels, building new jails to hold their massive criminal populations, deportation, translators, attorneys, court time, judges, border patrol, law suits, the list is endless. The billions being squandered under the artificial pretense of having control of our borders is nothing more than an endless cycle of wasted time, money and effort. Until we diligently and uniformly enforce our laws, without exception, and seal the border, America will remain their personal revolving door.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:34 AM

2,905 posts, read 4,488,411 times
Quote:
We need a time out on everything. The front page of my paper this morning-Bush signed approval for another 60,000 refugees to come here. I am sorry but we are in hard economic times in this country but we are going to bring another 60,000 here? That is in addition to legal immigrants, visa holders and the 20+ million illegals. When does our government say enough is enough? We have kids living in poverty in OUR country, we have crime stricken cities in OUR country. We have people losing jobs to outsourcng, illegal aliens, economic downturn in OUR country. The city I used to live in takes in a lot of refugees. They keep sending more and more to the city-even though the city says they cannot afford anymore. Last year AFTER the city had finished their budget-and had to cut services for Americans- the institute surprised them with an additional 100 refugees. The city had to cut snow removal last year-in northern New England! Now they want to send more refugees. What about the working men and women who need roads cleared to go to work? What about taxes that will be raised to hire another ESL teacher The social services and welfare? All the billions of dollars or more of foreign aid in this world and we still are going to take 60,000 more refugees? Why do we send foreign aid and take in refugees? Shouldn't it be one or the other? I think our country has been very generous in taking in refugees. However I think with 4.00/gallon gas and oil prices-we need to worry about the Americans who are not going to be able to afford their heating bills this winter than bringing 60,000 more people here. There are middle class people that might not be able to afford their heating bills if they have oil and it is a cold winter up here-it is not just the very poor.

Nicolem
60,000 refugees from where?

Old 09-05-2008, 07:43 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,834,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
60,000 refugees from where?
They are part of an agreement between the United Nations and the United States to take in 60,000 Bhutanese Hindu refugees who had been in Nepalese refugee camps since 1992.

Citizen.com - Laconia NH, Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Sanford ME (http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080905/GJNEWS02/709052529/-1/CITIZEN - broken link)

Old 09-05-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
They are part of an agreement between the United Nations and the United States to take in 60,000 Bhutanese Hindu refugees who had been in Nepalese refugee camps since 1992.

Citizen.com - Laconia NH, Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Sanford ME (http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080905/GJNEWS02/709052529/-1/CITIZEN - broken link)
Wow . . .just wow. Thanks for sharing that one. I have no problem with legal immigration or cultural diversity in controlled numbers. IMHO the massive and unlimited importation of people from 3rd world cultures especially those who are unable or unwilling to assimilate, is asking for trouble.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:00 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,834,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Wow . . .just wow. Thanks for sharing that one. I have no problem with legal immigration or cultural diversity in controlled numbers. IMHO the massive and unlimited importation of people from 3rd world cultures especially those who are unable or unwilling to assimilate, is asking for trouble.

I agree. Between legal immigrants, illegal aliens, visa holders and all the refugees that the US has taken in, when does it end? The US is a generous and welcoming country-but at what cost? 400-500 million? A billion people? Elimination oof the American culture?

Old 09-05-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I agree. Between legal immigrants, illegal aliens, visa holders and all the refugees that the US has taken in, when does it end? The US is a generous and welcoming country-but at what cost? 400-500 million? A billion people? Elimination oof the American culture?
ITA. Our infrastructure, rule of law, culture and identity is being eviscerated as we speak. We are no longer a nation of diversity we are quickly becoming the victim of governments' out of control generosity.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:07 AM

17,249 posts, read 13,385,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. Americans are dying and suffering in record numbers as a direct result of the massive presence and drain of illegal aliens and their uncontrolled, astronomical birth rates. Our tax dollars are being wasted and squandered while providing welfare, healthcare and various other social services that they should not receive. Adding insult to injury, the cost of: hiring more border patrol, cleaning up our borders, sealing drug tunnels, building new jails to hold their massive criminal populations, deportation, translators, attorneys, court time, judges, border patrol, law suits, the list is endless. The billions being squandered under the artificial pretense of having control of our borders is nothing more than an endless cycle of wasted time, money and effort. Until we diligently and uniformly enforce our laws, without exception, and seal the border, America will remain their personal revolving door.
The count down is on before the tired, "Well Bush wasted all that money on the war.", remarks come out.

Apples and oranges yet it still flies around.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The count down is on before the tired, "Well Bush wasted all that money on the war.", remarks come out.

Apples and oranges yet it still flies around.
Agreed. Our entire system of government has pretty much collapsed under the pressure of doing nothing.

While trillions have been wasted on a war that should have never been waged, there is plenty of blame to go around on both sides of the political aisle.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-05-2008 at 09:06 AM..

Old 09-05-2008, 09:03 AM

5,199 posts, read 9,921,674 times
The US is slowly turning into a SOYLENT GREEN. (reference to the movie)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.