U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:06 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
The US is slowly turning into a SOYLENT GREEN. (reference to the movie)
Thanks for giving me chills Steve.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:27 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,432,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
They are part of an agreement between the United Nations and the United States to take in 60,000 Bhutanese Hindu refugees who had been in Nepalese refugee camps since 1992.

Citizen.com - Laconia NH, Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Sanford ME (http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080905/GJNEWS02/709052529/-1/CITIZEN - broken link)

WOW! That is a lot of people! At least this couple speaks English so there is no impediment to their getting jobs immediately, which was a huge problem with the Somalian family I knew. Maybe they should require that the only refugees that we take speak English.

We do need to understand that people that are persecuted in their own countries have to go somewhere. Whether 60,000 is our share of the refugees is what I wonder. How many countries in the world are taking.....

What the heck! I just googled this, and apparently there are 134,000 refugees in Bhutans refugee camps. I definitely do not think that we should be taking almost half of the refugees there.

And I am not against taking in refugees. As I was saying above, they have to go somewhere other than where they came from. We can take our fair share here in the US.

But almost half? Even I am dumbfounded at that stat, and I am going to have to do some more looking into it. Come on, I wonder how many have gone to India, at least they are Hindu there.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:24 AM

71 posts, read 265,359 times
It is just quite futile replying to some of the ignorant statements some members are making that are evidently charged by hatred and racism. So i am not going to waste my precious time answering grade-level posts coming from grown men.

Thank you.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:32 AM

31 posts, read 51,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Logic View Post
It is just quite futile replying to some of the ignorant statements some members are making that are evidently charged by hatred and racism. So i am not going to waste my precious time answering grade-level posts coming from grown men.

Thank you.
Well you did just answer....with insults, what a waste of a post that was.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:43 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,314,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Logic View Post

Thank you.
I agree. I am sick of the racist and bigoted posts by the illegal lovers in this forum.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:48 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Yes I hate being called a racist by racists. Reasons they call me a racist.
1. I believe that we should enforce our laws.
2. I believe that because most illegals come accross our southern border it should be a priority to secure said border.
3. I believe legal citizens are more entitled to the work available in our country.
4. I don't believe that americans are lazy
5. I don't believe that illegals are more qualified
6. I don't believe that illegal immigration is a victimless crime
7. I don't believe that the are "honest" people. Honest people don't commit fraud, ID theft, evade taxes.
8. I don't believe that they have the right to special consideration.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:04 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,187,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
2. I believe that because most illegals come accross our southern border it should be a priority to secure said border.
3. I believe legal citizens are more entitled to the work available in our country.
7. I don't believe that the are "honest" people. Honest people don't commit fraud, ID theft, evade taxes.
Exactly. There is no logical argument to support or justify the illegal alien invasion. One is here legally or illegally-the "debate" should really end there. However-the race card is used in order to throw one off-topic and to paint people who want laws upheld as bigots and racists.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:34 AM

43,858 posts, read 43,629,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You aren't a racist at all....you are an American who is tired of seeing the resources of our country weakened by people who have no intention of blending in and becoming a part of anything except our welfare system.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:56 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,968,780 times
Agreed. These are common sense beliefs. Well said!

Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 AM

71 posts, read 265,359 times
To all hate-mongers in this thread, the Somalis have come here legally without harming any living creature or breaking the law of this land. When your ancestors came, they committed a mass-genocide and enslaved millions more to develop this GREAT country that you seem to so like. Let's get our history right. Ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration