U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-12-2008, 07:13 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Reputation: 2728

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Logic View Post
To all hate-mongers in this thread, the Somalis have come here legally without harming any living creature or breaking the law of this land. When your ancestors came, they committed a mass-genocide and enslaved millions more to develop this GREAT country that you seem to so like. Let's get our history right. Ok?
All Somalis come here legally and do not commit fraud? Is that so? They don't break any laws?

I suggest before you come in here and call one group of people names and claim another group totally innocent that you do your homework:


The State Department has suspended a humanitarian program to reunite thousands of African refugees with relatives in the U.S. after unprecedented DNA testing by the government revealed widespread fraud.

In late April, the government decided to temporarily halt the family reunification resettlement program for East Africans. A government official confirms that "many thousands of people" are affected by the suspension, particularly Somalis and Ethiopians.



Refugee Program Halted As DNA Tests Show Fraud - WSJ.com

 
Old 09-12-2008, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Logic View Post
To all hate-mongers in this thread, the Somalis have come here legally without harming any living creature or breaking the law of this land. When your ancestors came, they committed a mass-genocide and enslaved millions more to develop this GREAT country that you seem to so like. Let's get our history right. Ok?
What is your point?

Atrocities were not just a Euro White thing------------too; by the standards of 500 years ago it was acceptable to enslave/murder the defeated peoples.

Maybe you should reserve some of your rage towards scumbags like Robert Mugabe who have ruined Zimbabwe, etc.
 
Old 09-12-2008, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Mankato and Hopkins
71 posts, read 265,051 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What is your point?

Atrocities were not just a Euro White thing------------too; by the standards of 500 years ago it was acceptable to enslave/murder the defeated peoples.

Maybe you should reserve some of your rage towards scumbags like Robert Mugabe who have ruined Zimbabwe, etc.
Mugabe hasn't done anything wrong. He simply took the land from the Europeans and gave them to the rightful owners. In the ideal world, his actions would be called justice.
 
Old 09-12-2008, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Mankato and Hopkins
71 posts, read 265,051 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
All Somalis come here legally and do not commit fraud? Is that so? They don't break any laws?

I suggest before you come in here and call one group of people names and claim another group totally innocent that you do your homework:


The State Department has suspended a humanitarian program to reunite thousands of African refugees with relatives in the U.S. after unprecedented DNA testing by the government revealed widespread fraud.

In late April, the government decided to temporarily halt the family reunification resettlement program for East Africans. A government official confirms that "many thousands of people" are affected by the suspension, particularly Somalis and Ethiopians.



Refugee Program Halted As DNA Tests Show Fraud - WSJ.com
Comparing a systematic genocide and enslavement of millions of people to the actions of some-one accused of entering the US "illegally." Your so deluded.
 
Old 09-12-2008, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Logic View Post
To all hate-mongers in this thread, the Somalis have come here legally without harming any living creature or breaking the law of this land. When your ancestors came, they committed a mass-genocide and enslaved millions more to develop this GREAT country that you seem to so like. Let's get our history right. Ok?
Your name applies.
Tell me again what these Somalis did to help this nation?
Blackhawk down ring a bell? Americans died over there and for what? I have no issue providing these folks an opprotunity but please save the part about how we owe them or its the least we can do because 200 years ago we were not as nice as we are today.
 
Old 09-13-2008, 03:44 AM
 
Location: Mankato and Hopkins
71 posts, read 265,051 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Your name applies.
Tell me again what these Somalis did to help this nation?
Blackhawk down ring a bell? Americans died over there and for what? I have no issue providing these folks an opprotunity but please save the part about how we owe them or its the least we can do because 200 years ago we were not as nice as we are today.
Your ignorance is stunning.

On that day more than 1000 Somalis died because of the irresponsible and arrogant actions of the US forces. The Somalis had nothing against the American forces initially when they were fulfilling a UN mandate of humanitarian assistance. It was only after the fact that American officials started dictating the political agenda of Somalia that Somalis found American actions as nauseating and unacceptable. So let’s get that right. I was in Somalia in 93. So stop talking about that day as if you are an authority on the subject.

Now, the Somalis are here legally and have as much right as you or any-one else. Any rants about them are driven by hatred and personal agenda. Quit wearing the cloak of patriotism to support your bigoted and racist rhetoric.

It doesn’t matter if the criminal and genocidal practices of the past happened 200 years (seriously, your history is quite pathetic) or not. You continue to benefit from those genocidal events to this day. You need some-one to point the mirror of reality at you and by all means be my guest.
 
Old 09-13-2008, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Logic View Post
Your ignorance is stunning.

On that day more than 1000 Somalis died because of the irresponsible and arrogant actions of the US forces. The Somalis had nothing against the American forces initially when they were fulfilling a UN mandate of humanitarian assistance. It was only after the fact that American officials started dictating the political agenda of Somalia that Somalis found American actions as nauseating and unacceptable. So let’s get that right. I was in Somalia in 93. So stop talking about that day as if you are an authority on the subject.

Now, the Somalis are here legally and have as much right as you or any-one else. Any rants about them are driven by hatred and personal agenda. Quit wearing the cloak of patriotism to support your bigoted and racist rhetoric.

It doesn’t matter if the criminal and genocidal practices of the past happened 200 years (seriously, your history is quite pathetic) or not. You continue to benefit from those genocidal events to this day. You need some-one to point the mirror of reality at you and by all means be my guest.
OH twisted you may feel free to bring it on. Over 1000 somali died because they didn't have the guts,to stand up to ther own warlords who were raping and murdering the general population at will. Over 1000 Somali died because Bill Clinton wanted imeadiete results and ignored his military leadership.
Over 1000 Somali died because for them that was a normal way of life.
Yes they are here legally. I never said I had an issue with ir either. But just as much right to be here????
I served andbled for my country. They simply got a free pass.
My father and his before him served their country. No they don't have the same right. Theirs wasn't earned.
 
Old 09-13-2008, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Logic View Post
Mugabe hasn't done anything wrong. He simply took the land from the Europeans and gave them to the rightful owners. In the ideal world, his actions would be called justice.
And in the process; Mugabe hurt many Black Zims as well. If he made it such a paradise for the Black man there----------why the hell did so many of 'em flee to places like South Africa, Botswana (both countries are quite pissed at their illegal immigrant problem I may add) and quite a few other Black Zims left for the 'oppressor' nation of the UK?? We are discussing the best and brightest people who would do well anywhere.

Frankly; I have little or no respect for most of Africa--------------it is a damning indictment of that section of the world that the descendants of the slaves here in the USA live like kings whereas the free Blacks 'back home' still live like dogs.

Some 'culture'
 
Old 09-13-2008, 08:09 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Logic View Post
Comparing a systematic genocide and enslavement of millions of people to the actions of some-one accused of entering the US "illegally." Your so deluded.
I agree with Tinman01-your name applies quite well. You are the one who had the nerve to paint a broad brush on Americans while stating that Somalis have broken no laws. I merely gave you proof that not all Somalis are innocent. Sorry if the truth hurts.

You really need a chill pill.

You don't sound like you like America very much nor the opportunities you have been given-that is a real shame. You seem to blame America for everything. You bash America and Americans in your posts-so much for gratitude. Why would you want to reside in a country that you sound like you hate so much? You calll our history "pathetic"-boy do you have nerve. You don't seem to have trouble with the "pathetic" history of this county that gives you the right to freedom of speech to bash this country and it's citizens, do you? You have no problem using the first amendment to come on here and call people bigots and racists.

And no- Somalis that are here legally do not have the same rights as an American citizen. A legal immigrant to a country most certainly does not have the same rights as a citizen of that country.

Last edited by nicolem; 09-13-2008 at 08:50 AM..
 
Old 09-13-2008, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Mankato and Hopkins
71 posts, read 265,051 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
OH twisted you may feel free to bring it on. Over 1000 somali died because they didn't have the guts,to stand up to ther own warlords who were raping and murdering the general population at will. Over 1000 Somali died because Bill Clinton wanted imeadiete results and ignored his military leadership.
Over 1000 Somali died because for them that was a normal way of life.
Yes they are here legally. I never said I had an issue with ir either. But just as much right to be here????
I served andbled for my country. They simply got a free pass.
My father and his before him served their country. No they don't have the same right. Theirs wasn't earned.
See, the thing is you can’t go beyond your typical knee-jerk responses but sadly as always, you can’t find a fig-leaf to hide the gaping holes of logic. “1000 Somalis died because they didn’t have the guts to stand up to their own warlords” how ignorant of you! The US created those warlords and supports them with money and diplomatic support. So much so that the US financed an initiative to unite all the warlords in Somalia and help them form a “coalition government,” and guess what? The same militias that killed those 18 American servicemen are now paid and supported by the US and led by the son of the General America went out to kill in 1993. I know it is a hard pill to swallow but this American administration cried “freedom and liberty,” at home but supports warlords and despots abroad.

Having served in the American military is no defense for laughably faulty logic
. I have dozens of Somali friends who serve in the marines and National Guard and they too find America’s policy in Somalia down-right misguided and delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top