U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:24 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Most are for sure. But I notice that to you, every last immigrant, illegal and legal, is a good person, so that proves nothing at all.

AMC, I thought at first you were going to get an Atta Boy, but they found that you think everyone is a good person, so your post is worth nothing to them. I always thought it is better to give a person a chance to see how they are, and make my decision from there

Old 08-21-2008, 09:25 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
this isn't about african immigrants. it's about somalians, and only somalians. most african immigrants are hard working, but the somalians seem to be very obnoxious. there were stories about the somalians not wanting to pick up someone with an unopened bottle of wine in their cabs at the airport. finally, they airport told them, get to the back of the line you religious nut, you lost your chance. let's get someone to the front that actually wants to do their job.
Ah, well my only experience is with the Sudanese......

Old 08-21-2008, 03:12 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
AMC, I thought at first you were going to get an Atta Boy, but they found that you think everyone is a good person, so your post is worth nothing to them. I always thought it is better to give a person a chance to see how they are, and make my decision from there
Yeah. I dont think Somalians have been here long enough, or in large enough of numbers to get too bad of a rap.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:46 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,085,916 times
sure they have, just ask maine. they hate them already, they are just too PC to say otherwise. they are a drain on their society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Yeah. I dont think Somalians have been here long enough, or in large enough of numbers to get too bad of a rap.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:55 PM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
They didn't come here to work, they came here to commit crimes and annoy people. Everyone knows that.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:33 AM

838 posts, read 902,529 times
Quote:
this is much worse than illegal immigrants. these somalin "refugees" were given the opportunity to come here, and when they do, they just look for handouts. what's up with that? they bring them to places like atlanta, because the weather is nice, and there are plenty of jobs. then what happens? they go to places like minnesota and rural maine to abuse the welfare systems. why in the hell would somalian refugees go to freezing cold lily white maine other than welfare benefits? this is what happens when you have super liberal welfare systems. here's a link from the maine state website. lewiston maine has 35,000 residents and 1,000 somalin refugees, yet 50% of the welfare budget goes to the somalians. I think we should shut the door to refugees next.

Maine In Africa, Africa In Maine: Somali Influx
THIS IS COMPLETELY ACCURATE! I'm so glad that someone knows about this except for me. I was a homeless teenager and could not get ANY help or handouts. I tried, I admit..but was denied each time. I then yelled at the lady in the office and asked " If these Africans can come in here and walk out to their expeditions smiling with wic/food stamps and section 8...why can't I get a little help finding some housing?!?!". She looked very embarassed and looked down at her desk but had nothing to say. Here I was, 17, american born...struggling to finish HS (which I did) and living in a ratty shelter that was only open 10 hours at night. Yet I couldn't get ANY help. And I mean NOTHING.
When I worked at the grocery stores over there, the Africans NEVER paid in cash. I cannot remember ONE (LITERALLY) that ever paid in cash. It was always with a food stamp card or WIC. On top of that..they whistled at me like a slave and made those annoying ticking sounds that they always do and snapped their fingers at me for service. AWESOME RIGHT? We let people come into our country and trample on us. I was in Portland, Maine all by myself without a family...no one..and as a 17 year old girl I couldn't get ANY help. Not even healthcare. I got sick from overworking and studying and fainted at my job..and because I wasn't able to receive medicaid like all of these other somali's ..I was stuck with a $700 hospital bill...which I obviously couldn't afford. It ended up going on my credit as well. I can't believe this is allowed. It seemed like such an obvious injustice;

Old 08-22-2008, 09:57 AM

they came here for handouts. I didn't say they were committing crimes. I said they wanted a free pass, to be a drain on society, and to annoy us. by the way, YES, it is annoying when an intruder demands foot baths in public places. if I ever see a foot bath in a public place, it will become a urinal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
They didn't come here to work, they came here to commit crimes and annoy people. Everyone knows that.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:12 AM

838 posts, read 902,529 times
Quote:
they came here for handouts. I didn't say they were committing crimes. I said they wanted a free pass, to be a drain on society, and to annoy us. by the way, YES, it is annoying when an intruder demands foot baths in public places. if I ever see a foot bath in a public place, it will become a urinal.
What's a footbath???

Old 08-22-2008, 10:25 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
What's a footbath???
A foot bath is a just that - a place to wash your feet. It happens to be a religious practice for some to cleanse the feet. There was a lot of foot washing in the bible too - remember Jesus?

Old 08-22-2008, 10:40 AM

a foot bath is a place where normal people pee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
What's a footbath???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration