U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 11:12 AM

838 posts, read 908,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

Not sure what that was supposed to prove. Again, go to Maine.
They are ONLY good if they are LEGAL, NOT RAISING THE CRIME RATE and not USING OUR WELFARE SYSTEM WHATSOEVER. That's not always the case though is it?

Old 08-24-2008, 05:57 PM

105 posts, read 184,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
can you read? just curious. I posted a link from the maine government website that PROVED that they are draining tax dollar. they make up a tiny part of the population, yet are responsible for 50% of the welfare. it's not my claim, it's a fact, and since you are an apologist, you have a little difficulty accepting it.

serving kosher meals? you are so off base it's almost pointless debating you. those are for customers, not employees. jesus christ. you are obviously unable to sniff out sarcasm. you have got a lot of catching up to do!
The report said nothing of the sort. You just cherry-picked the sentence you wanted, completely out of context. The report you cited concluded that the Somali influx was overall a positive influence. Nice try.

I remember reading about this a few years ago. Basically, the Somalis were unhappy with their situation in Atlanta--too much crime, poor living conditions, and nasty treatment from local African-Americans prompted them to seek a new place to live, and after an extended search, they chose Lewiston.

They didn't go to Maine to be lazy and abuse the welfare system. They went there for a better life for their families.

What do you have against that community?

Old 08-24-2008, 07:53 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,007,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
Not sure what that was supposed to prove. Again, go to Maine.
They are ONLY good if they are LEGAL, NOT RAISING THE CRIME RATE and not USING OUR WELFARE SYSTEM WHATSOEVER. That's not always the case though is it?
Its supposed to prove you wrong because you claimed to have lived in City Heights and said Somalians are not prevalent there.

And they are not raising the crime rate, and I'm pretty sure they get asylum here.
Pretty much the reason Minnesota has a huge Somalian population is that Minneapolis accepted them.
And I dont think Maine is a huge center of Somalians..
Somali American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Although two of its cities are listed on here, they don't seem to be unique compared to all the other cities that have Somali populations.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:12 PM

No, they really aren't THAT prevalent. Is there a group? Yes. Does the rest of San Diego care ? Not really. Most of us aren't aware of the small infestation of Somalis and it wouldn't make a difference if we were.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
No, they really aren't THAT prevalent. Is there a group? Yes. Does the rest of San Diego care ? Not really. Most of us aren't aware of the small infestation of Somalis and it wouldn't make a difference if we were.
Infestation?

They are pretty widespread in City Heights. When did you live there anyways?

Old 08-24-2008, 08:24 PM

I have lived in San Diego from 1990-2007. But City Heights wasn't really my first choice to live. Thankfully I didn't have to stay in the area that you are talking about for too long.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I have lived in San Diego from 1990-2007. But City Heights wasn't really my first choice to live. Thankfully I didn't have to stay in the area that you are talking about for too long.
The area has been cleaned up in the last 5 years. Especially in the center of the neighborhood(fairmount&university). The place is packed with immigrants, yet as its being redeveloped, it's become a pretty pleasant neighborhood. And yes, Somali's form a lage part of the neighborhood.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:32 PM

71 posts, read 265,416 times
Quote:
sure they have, just ask maine. they hate them already, they are just too PC to say otherwise. they are a drain on their society.
Your views are truly disgusting.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
the somalians in minnesota have been trying to get them to install foot baths into public restrooms in the airport, and colleges. I think they have been successful. if you happen to see one, I recommend you lock the door, and have your way with it. I know I will.
I am surprised these kind of extreme behavior is tolerated in this forum. Shameful indeed

Old 09-01-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Live next to them for a few months. Try Porltand, Maine to start. Then let's see what their "rap" looks like.
I have lived and went to High school in Portland, Maine. I don't see what your point is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration