U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 05:30 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,707,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Yep, he used to be a real bad-ass with tattoos and everything. "Born to raise hell" is what he had tatted across his forearms if I am not mistaken.

He is the worst mayor our town has ever had - ever! I hope to God he never gets reelected so he can go back to his calling - cleaning toilets! And I hope he takes his smirky little weasel Fabian Nunez with him.
Don't forget "One Bill" Gil Cedillo whose only claim to fame is his insistence upon pushing his illegal alien driver's license bill on the people of California at least once a year.

As an aside to "the one."

You don't think that illegal aliens are a part of the gang problem in L.A.? So I guess all of those lovely MS-13 members coming up from Central America all have their papers in order and their green cards at the ready, right?

BTW, I lived there too and I've only been gone a year. From my perspective and from what I was forced to endure my last years in California, you my friend, are exhibiting extreme ostrich-like behavior if you seriously believe that illegal aliens, whether they may be Asian, Mexican, Central American, or Martian, are not contributing to the gang problem in Lost Angeles, California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 06:11 PM

9,310 posts, read 25,762,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Yep, he used to be a real bad-ass with tattoos and everything. "Born to raise hell" is what he had tatted across his forearms if I am not mistaken.

He is the worst mayor our town has ever had - ever! I hope to God he never gets reelected so he can go back to his calling - cleaning toilets! And I hope he takes his smirky little weasel Fabian Nunez with him.
PLEASE, DontH8Me . . . TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL! ! ! ! !

Old 08-21-2008, 06:36 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,102,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Don't forget "One Bill" Gil Cedillo whose only claim to fame is his insistence upon pushing his illegal alien driver's license bill on the people of California at least once a year.

As an aside to "the one."

You don't think that illegal aliens are a part of the gang problem in L.A.? So I guess all of those lovely MS-13 members coming up from Central America all have their papers in order and their green cards at the ready, right?

BTW, I lived there too and I've only been gone a year. From my perspective and from what I was forced to endure my last years in California, you my friend, are exhibiting extreme ostrich-like behavior if you seriously believe that illegal aliens, whether they may be Asian, Mexican, Central American, or Martian, are not contributing to the gang problem in Lost Angeles, California.
with an organization like MS... you crack down on the gang and the side-effect is deportation. you grab the meanest of the bunch. start with them. the thugs. the really bad guys. dont go after a guy not wearing his bike helmet(as was the case in costa mesa last year).

thats my point. go for the gangs and not only do you nab the home grown terrorists, but also the ones who we dont need here. the illegal gang members. they are part of the problem, but the real problem is the gangs.

the other side effect to this, tho is an exportation of LA gang culture. but well thats central americas probelm now(and souther mexicos).

my real objection is too people equating your run of the mill immigrant with these low life cholo thugs. J.shaws mom, anita, even said that what they sought to do was go after the bad guys.

im on her side with this. i dont support repealing spec. order 40, but i do support an ammendment, that still protects battered women or victims of crime, but does vet the bad guys.

and while some immigrants become gang members. it is usully the US born kids that provide the man power. besides some gangs are 3 generations deep in LA> and crips and bloods and all the black gangs aint getting illegals to fill there ranks.
its not about illegals in LA.
its about gangs(who might or might not have illegals).

live from
florence
and
graham

the

one

Old 08-21-2008, 07:05 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,009,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
with an organization like MS... you crack down on the gang and the side-effect is deportation. you grab the meanest of the bunch. start with them. the thugs. the really bad guys. dont go after a guy not wearing his bike helmet(as was the case in costa mesa last year).

thats my point. go for the gangs and not only do you nab the home grown terrorists, but also the ones who we dont need here. the illegal gang members. they are part of the problem, but the real problem is the gangs.

the other side effect to this, tho is an exportation of LA gang culture. but well thats central americas probelm now(and souther mexicos).

my real objection is too people equating your run of the mill immigrant with these low life cholo thugs. J.shaws mom, anita, even said that what they sought to do was go after the bad guys.

im on her side with this. i dont support repealing spec. order 40, but i do support an ammendment, that still protects battered women or victims of crime, but does vet the bad guys.

and while some immigrants become gang members. it is usully the US born kids that provide the man power. besides some gangs are 3 generations deep in LA> and crips and bloods and all the black gangs aint getting illegals to fill there ranks.

live from
florence
and
graham

the

one
I agree. Gangs are the more pressing issue, and people are too stuck on the idea that the gang problem is exclusively illegal immigrants.

People want more attention put on illegals than the gang problem because the gang problem only affects certain neighborhoods and not theirs.

A lot of them are more likely to hear Spanish being spoken on the street than gun shots, so their priority is going to be going after the illegals rather than the gangbangers.

I think putting a priority on the gang problem is a win-win. You deal with all the trash, homegrown and imported.

To deal with the gang problem in the U.S., you gotta go to the source. And its not Mexico or El Salvador. Its here.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:27 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,102,010 times
good perspective. i been trying to understand why its such a problem to some people. thanks lil homey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I agree. Gangs are the more pressing issue, and people are too stuck on the idea that the gang problem is exclusively illegal immigrants.

People want more attention put on illegals than the gang problem because the gang problem only affects certain neighborhoods and not theirs.

A lot of them are more likely to hear Spanish being spoken on the street than gun shots, so their priority is going to be going after the illegals rather than the gangbangers.

I think putting a priority on the gang problem is a win-win. You deal with all the trash, homegrown and imported.

To deal with the gang problem in the U.S., you gotta go to the source. And its not Mexico or El Salvador. Its here.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:43 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,707,438 times
Quote:

live from
florence
and
graham

the

one
The run of the mill "immigrants" whose presence in this country that you're dead set on justifying are criminals by virtue of their illegal presence in the U.S.

I would venture to say that the vast majority of us are extremely supportive of LEGAL immigrants. Race and/or origin is not a factor.

Special Order 40 is a joke and merely an extension of Lost Angeles' sanctuary city policies. It needs to be repealed.

Are you aware of the fact that according to The Washington Times, MS-13 "is thought to have established a major smuggling center" in Mexico. There were reports that MS-13 members were ordered to Arizona to target border guards and Minuteman Project volunteers. There is big money to be found in human smuggling, and it is apparent that MS-13 has decided to grab a piece of the pie. In 2004, it was estimated that there were in excess of 10,000 MS-13 members in the U.S. That was four years ago. I'd bet a week's worth of petrol that the figure has likely doubled.

Los Angeles is Ground Zero for gangs in the country. The County is home to as many as 1,200 gangs with 80,000 members. The cost could be $2 billion annually for all of their destructive criminal activity. In the city of Los Angeles, a 2005 estimate put Hispanic gang membership as the most numerous at over 23,000, while black gangs amounted to fewer than 16,000.

Gangs are the inevitable blowback from importing millions of excess, unskilled workers from the third world, who end up in bitter competition with one another and home-grown citizens. Normal family dynamics are scrambled by the immigration process. Young children may gain inordinate power compared to elders by their ability to speak English, and the generation gap is magnified to an unhealthy degree. Young people feel culturally estranged from older family members and bond with other kids in similar circumstances. The situation is completely predictable as an environment for gang formation.

The social pathology in Los Angeles proves that we have exceeded the level of immigration, illegal or otherwise, that we can accommodate.

BTW, your posts would be a little easier to read if you would incorporate some punctuation and a few capital letters here and there. I have a difficult time sussing out exactly what it is you're trying to say. Just because we're posting on the internet doesn't mean that all writing and grammar rules should simply be dismissed.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:07 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,853,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
The run of the mill "immigrants" whose presence in this country that you're dead set on justifying are criminals by virtue of their illegal presence in the U.S.

I would venture to say that the vast majority of us are extremely supportive of LEGAL immigrants. Race and/or origin is not a factor.

Special Order 40 is a joke and merely an extension of Lost Angeles' sanctuary city policies. It needs to be repealed.

Are you aware of the fact that according to The Washington Times, MS-13 "is thought to have established a major smuggling center" in Mexico. There were reports that MS-13 members were ordered to Arizona to target border guards and Minuteman Project volunteers. There is big money to be found in human smuggling, and it is apparent that MS-13 has decided to grab a piece of the pie. In 2004, it was estimated that there were in excess of 10,000 MS-13 members in the U.S. That was four years ago. I'd bet a week's worth of petrol that the figure has likely doubled.

Los Angeles is Ground Zero for gangs in the country. The County is home to as many as 1,200 gangs with 80,000 members. The cost could be $2 billion annually for all of their destructive criminal activity. In the city of Los Angeles, a 2005 estimate put Hispanic gang membership as the most numerous at over 23,000, while black gangs amounted to fewer than 16,000.

Gangs are the inevitable blowback from importing millions of excess, unskilled workers from the third world, who end up in bitter competition with one another and home-grown citizens. Normal family dynamics are scrambled by the immigration process. Young children may gain inordinate power compared to elders by their ability to speak English, and the generation gap is magnified to an unhealthy degree. Young people feel culturally estranged from older family members and bond with other kids in similar circumstances. The situation is completely predictable as an environment for gang formation.

The social pathology in Los Angeles proves that we have exceeded the level of immigration, illegal or otherwise, that we can accommodate.

BTW, your posts would be a little easier to read if you would incorporate some punctuation and a few capital letters here and there. I have a difficult time sussing out exactly what it is you're trying to say. Just because we're posting on the internet doesn't mean that all writing and grammar rules should simply be dismissed.
Excellent post, as usual! Sadly, many pro-illegals will receive a severe allergic reaction to your logic.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:12 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,868,957 times
Quote:
as an LA resident i would say that the GANG problem is paramount among issues to be adressed. and within this crackdown on gangs, citizenship should be asked. but you guys follishly compound illegals with gang members.

you guys are too blinded in your ignorance to see a real problem or real solution.

deal with the gangs man. they are the worst of the worst. not the illegals. the gangs control the drugs. they control the guns. they control the jails. and sadly they control some of the streets.
when you start getting at them, you will nab those people with drugs, with immigration violations, with domestic violence records, with all kinds of rap sheets.

GO AFTER THE GANGS!!!

Villagayrosa is not a clown tho. dont know if he will be re-elected, but hes not a clown. J, i really think you should be more selective in what you post. the more you say, the less they listen.

this is just a rant with a tenous link to immigration.

let the mayor focus on gangs. its important.

i live here. you guys are outsiders.

live from florence and graham

here in WA a lot of the gangs are made up of illegals (they are also from cali....hmmm) Sureno boys, MS-13 etc

Old 08-22-2008, 10:19 AM

3,074 posts, read 3,989,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Excellent post, as usual! Sadly, many pro-illegals will receive a severe allergic reaction to your logic.
The problem the esteemed mayor faces is revenue. As law abiding citizens
migrate out of LA, taxes will continue to recede and sanctuary will devour itself. No income for the mayors coffers means no money to fight gangs.
No money to fight gangs will lead to further lawlessness. More people will
leave and less money will fill the coffers.
This will be very interesting to watch. I just hope this mayor stays in office long enough to reap the harvest of what he has sown.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:25 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,853,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
The problem the esteemed mayor faces is revenue. As law abiding citizens
migrate out of LA, taxes will continue to recede and sanctuary will devour itself. No income for the mayors coffers means no money to fight gangs.
No money to fight gangs will lead to further lawlessness. More people will
leave and less money will fill the coffers.
This will be very interesting to watch. I just hope this mayor stays in office long enough to reap the harvest of what he has sown.
Absolutely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration