U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:05 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,265,448 times

Advertisements

The ones in the video are the "AZTLANBUSTERS". They're wanna be activists. They either had their membership pulled or never qualified because of their over aggressiveness.(rogue)
It's ones like this that give us a bad name.
If the MinuteMen were actually like this, for one thing, I'd would have never joined, another, they wouldn't have lasted as long as they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 01:25 PM

1,417 posts, read 857,927 times
I hardly know why there is so much opposition on this thread. Last time I checked anti-gang ANYTHING is positive.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:28 PM

We have some trolls that oppose any comment posted.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:58 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,012,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
The ones in the video are the "AZTLANBUSTERS". They're wanna be activists. They either had their membership pulled or never qualified because of their over aggressiveness.(rogue)
It's ones like this that give us a bad name.
If the MinuteMen were actually like this, for one thing, I'd would have never joined, another, they wouldn't have lasted as long as they did.
AZTLANBUSTERS arent' the people in the video The youtube account is in thier name, and they collect all kinds of wacky videos.

What the hell is the MCDC anyways?
Minuteman Civil Defense Corps?

haha..am I close?

Our poor countries arent just suffering from illegals. It seems theyre suffering from boredom too.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:08 PM

You don't know anything about the MinuteMen, but you can sure throw accusations at them.

Why don't you start reading both sides of the story?

Old 08-24-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
You don't know anything about the MinuteMen, but you can sure throw accusations at them.

Why don't you start reading both sides of the story?

I read the tripe on those nativist websites all the time. Its harder to stomach than all the crap on Mexica's site.

No...theyre about equal. And I consider the information on both types of sites worthless.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:32 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,182,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I read the tripe on those nativist websites all the time. Its harder to stomach than all the crap on Mexica's site.

No...theyre about equal. And I consider the information on both types of sites worthless.
But in the meantime you're making untrue allegations about an organization that's proven itself a great help to the Border Patrol.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
But in the meantime you're making untrue allegations about an organization that's proven itself a great help to the Border Patrol.
How are they untrue?
Yes Minutemen patrol armed a lot of the time, and by definition they are vigilantes. Citizens taking the law into their own hands.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:06 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,864,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
How are they untrue?
Yes Minutemen patrol armed a lot of the time, and by definition they are vigilantes. Citizens taking the law into their own hands.
Do you consider a Neighborhood Watch a group of vigilantes? Aren't they citizens who try to protect their neighborhood from criminals?

Old 08-24-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you consider a Neighborhood Watch a group of vigilantes? Aren't they citizens who try to protect their neighborhood from criminals?
No.
But when they start meeting up, and become armed, and start bullying people who disagree with them, then yeah theyll be a vigilante group.

YouTube - Minutemen leader ticketed for unlawful behavior
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration