U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 01:51 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,721,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Did I miss something here? Hispanic drop out rate is heavily impacted by illegal immigration..?

Yes Hispanics have a high drop out right but this is about truancy, not drop outs. But to say we're not "moving up the latter" is truely ignorant. Who is the treasurer of the United States?
So there is no link between chronic truancy and subsequently dropping out? I mean, are the Class President and members of the National Honor Society the students who are hanging out at the local video arcade when they are supposed to be in Calculus class? Unless things have changed drastically since I was in school, the chronic truants were typically not distinguished by their love of learning.
It is called 'moving up the ladder', not moving up the latter. That does not make any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 03:49 AM

5,409 posts, read 11,098,000 times
i guess it is too complex...

Old 08-22-2008, 04:06 AM

5,409 posts, read 11,098,000 times
well where im from the NHS kids, the trig kids and all the other squares all happen to be brown...

they also happen to go onto college.
not at rates i would like, but not even whites do that.
people prescribe meaning to UCLA> do you know what that is? UCLA? it means...
University of Caucasians Lost Among asians. those darn asians are so smart! they bet up on everyone. the whites are getting shown up by them!!! and dont even think of competing in a spelling bee unless you are indian or hindu or whatever!
hmmm...

i guess we can all improve huh?

Old 08-22-2008, 08:55 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,704,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i love how none of you really have anything of significance to say. a bunch of juvenile quips. and more and more mutual ego masurbation via rep points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Can you explain to me what masurbation is? I'm really confused and I can't get past that to read the rest of the post.
There is no need to send me an email and explain masturbation to me. I'm well aware of what it is.

I asked you what masurbation was--your spelling, your post.

Sarcasm is a lost art.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:00 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,057,072 times
Quote:
Truancy.. immigration.. what's the difference? Yet if this article was about African American students who are truants this article wouldn't have been posted.
Well, why would it be posted on an immigration board? Unless the article was about African American students who were living illegally in Mexico or France and were truant, then maybe you would have a correlation. As it stands, AA = US citizens.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:03 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,057,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
well where im from the NHS kids, the trig kids and all the other squares all happen to be brown...

they also happen to go onto college.
not at rates i would like, but not even whites do that.
people prescribe meaning to UCLA> do you know what that is? UCLA? it means...
University of Caucasians Lost Among asians. those darn asians are so smart! they bet up on everyone. the whites are getting shown up by them!!! and dont even think of competing in a spelling bee unless you are indian or hindu or whatever!
hmmm...

i guess we can all improve huh?

Oh good, my son can kick your ass!

Asian, Hispanic, African, Caucasian........it is not genetics, it is cultural. I have a Korean friend who was telling me that all of her friends in Korea tell their kids what to do and BAM! they do it unquestioningly. Here, she tells her dd to study hard and get As and her dd tells her "hey thats you not me....I'm an American now!"

Old 08-22-2008, 09:12 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, why would it be posted on an immigration board? Unless the article was about African American students who were living illegally in Mexico or France and were truant, then maybe you would have a correlation. As it stands, AA = US citizens.
Thank you! They seem to have a fixation with comparing LEGAL citizens with illegal aliens. Then again, what else can they do? They certainly don't have anything legitimate to rely on.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:45 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,642,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank you! They seem to have a fixation with comparing LEGAL citizens with illegal aliens. Then again, what else can they do? They certainly don't have anything legitimate to rely on.
It's an old 'defense attorney' trick....If you can't make a GOOD argument, ("my client didn't do it"), you make a BAD argument ("you just don't LIKE my client"). After all, any argument is better than none, if your case is full of holes.....

Old 08-22-2008, 10:50 AM

13,078 posts, read 21,233,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I was mereley pointing out that the article isnt just about immigrants, but Hispanics in general.

But it really bothers you that anyone WOULD defend Hispanics since you are so uncomfortable with them.

CHILL.
Where on earth did you get that from? I'd really like to know.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:59 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,721,087 times
Quote:
Is it me or did you edit your previous post and added in the "smoking dope and drinking" just for kicks? Because certainly all Hispanic students smoke dope, drink and shoot people while on break.
If you had bothered to read the article, you would have learned that the students who were truant engaged in the following:

Quote:
go to the mall, the movies and even unsupervised parties....."They just want to have fun,".....parties, where students engage in drinking, sex and gang recruitment.....increases in car theft and shoplifting crimes because of truancy.....Someone always gets hurt, she said. She said she's heard stories about students shooting guns and fighting at the parties......

If you prefer to believe that they are skipping school in order get in some extra time studying for the physics exam, who am I to argue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration