Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:19 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,374,573 times

Advertisements

If an alien enters the U.S. with fraudulent documents and later gets married to a U.S. citizen, is he/she eligible for adjustment of status?

A recent decision by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals said no.

The case, Orozco v. Musakey, involved Mr. Orozco who entered the U.S. in 1996 using another person’s green card. He was inspected and allowed entry into the U.S. He later met and married a U.S. citizen who filed an I-130 petition for alien relative on his behalf. Mr. Orozco applied for adjustment of status at the same time.

The I-130 was approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) but the adjustment application was denied.

He was later placed in removal proceedings on the ground of his prior use of a counterfeit document to gain admission into the U.S.

During the removal proceedings, he filed another adjustment of status application. He also filed a waiver of his misrepresentation under Section 212 (i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) on account of extreme hardship on his U.S. citizen spouse should he be deported.

US Immigration: Adjustment Denied Due To Fake Documents

Once a criminal always a criminal . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 09:35 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,502,439 times
The criminal mind is indeed fascinating. According to this criminal mind.....the fact that he was “admitted” into this country using fraudulent documents, should entitle him to be granted the right to remain. After all, it’s not his fault officials didn’t realize his documents were fake. Furthermore, if deported, his wife will suffer.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The criminal mind is indeed fascinating. According to this criminal mind.....the fact that he was “admitted” into this country using fraudulent documents, should entitle him to be granted the right to remain. After all, it’s not his fault officials didn’t realize his documents were fake. Furthermore, if deported, his wife will suffer.
Agreed. The problem with the present brand of criminals from SOB is that their genetically criminal defect is coupled with insanity. Knowing that in their culture, children are not off limits, the more I read the more I begin to wonder how much incest occurs in their society/culture of over abundant, abnormal sexual activity and procreation.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:25 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,150,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. The problem with the present brand of criminals from SOB is that their genetically criminal defect is coupled with insanity. Knowing that in their culture, children are not off limits, the more I read the more I begin to wonder how much incest occurs in their society/culture of over abundant, abnormal sexual activity and procreation.
And you expect people to believe you don't have problems with Hispanics?

Old 08-27-2008, 04:50 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,325,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

While back I saw fake Florida driver's license from Venezuela they are made there for few hundred dollar's and let me tell you a work of art .

No way I could tell the difference. Granted I am just an average person not trained for that but a masterpiece of fake document.

I wonder how many under age kid's use them to drink in club's no way they look fake pic and same texture,etc.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:24 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,025,710 times
Remember 9-11.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:27 PM

391 posts, read 870,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Makes you go hmmmmm? right?

Old 08-27-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
While back I saw fake Florida driver's license from Venezuela they are made there for few hundred dollar's and let me tell you a work of art .

No way I could tell the difference. Granted I am just an average person not trained for that but a masterpiece of fake document.

I wonder how many under age kid's use them to drink in club's no way they look fake pic and same texture,etc.
actually I believe you can get any ID out there if willing to pay for it. The US is trying hard to change this with the electronic ID pad like on a bank card. I think theives stay one step ahead of it. The problem is just what you said it looks so real to everyone. We need an eletronic barcode reader.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:35 PM

[quote=JDubsMom;5015364]Agreed. The problem with the present brand of criminals from SOB

hate to break it to you but it is not SOB it is everywhere. The US is full of counterfitters and ID theft rings. its worldwide

Old 08-27-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
You've been on here long enough to know frankly, I don't give a damn what you may think or believe. I've noticed that while many on here can read (and then some can't and they definitely can't complete a legible, or intelligent sentence) comprehension seems to be a problem. My gripe is with illegal aliens and it's not my fault that the majority of them are from SOB.

That being said, please don't twist my words to suit your needs or your thought process. The truth of the matter is, I have never read so many stories about so many dysfunctional, sexually depraved and deviant people from one country in my entire life. The more of these stories I post/read the more convinced that the rates of depravity is the majority of the population. Don't blame me because I am inclined to simply call it as I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration