U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we create a sub-forum for immigration issues?
Yes 40 66.67%
No 18 30.00%
Other (explain in the thread) 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 10:03 AM

10,189 posts, read 24,502,640 times

Advertisements

I can't agree with you more, J33, yet just yesterday I watched "The Gangs of New York" and was that an eye opener about immigrant hatred and racism. It is self perpetuating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
One of the things that depresses me about the discussions of this issue is the pure unbridled hatred that seems to seep through the screen of my computer. Debating political issues is good, reading that crap is not.
I think that Dd714 has a really good point and an idea that could work if the Administrator has a Moderator to dedicate to this forum. Just moving the immigration threads elsewhere doesn't really solve the issue, it just puts the threads into a different pocket of the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

I say no forum. Instead the moderators need to exercise some tough love - delete threads outright, everything, even if it is 2 pages long when you get to it. Refer to an ongoing thread about the same subject. Trust me - people will live and learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2007, 10:20 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,227,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Yeah but keep in mind "Bush hate" encompasses a lot, lol. Every day we're given new and improved reasons to hate Bush. So as long as we're discussing those new reasons I don't see a problem. Even though most times concerns are met with "at least he's not cheating on his wife with a chubby intern", lol. THAT part is repititious.

-TT
Boy is that ever the truth.

I do see a lot of validity in the Ruthless Tough Love Mod stance (rather than doing the subforum).
I just wonder if:
#1) Are there enough mods for the Politics Forum
#2) Do they want to take on that kind of responsibility?
AFAIK what mods we have are doing this job in their spare time.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:24 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,379,572 times
I vote for a separate forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration