Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we create a sub-forum for immigration issues?
Yes 40 66.67%
No 18 30.00%
Other (explain in the thread) 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 03:04 AM

3,172 posts, read 2,728,340 times

Advertisements

Should we create a sub-forum for immigration issues? This poll will be open for 48 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2007, 12:09 PM

22,836 posts, read 28,056,422 times
I voted Other.

Simply because I'm so sick of discussing it. It seems to be the same arguments over and over and over again. But hey, if others want it, more power to them. I can always read other threads.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:41 PM

67 posts, read 292,266 times
The answer is a big no. Illegal immigration is effecting every asspect of Americans lives right now ,so it indeed is going to be part of every disscusion from ,what do you think of Miami? To Hey how was you trip to the grocery store?Illegal immigration cannot be swept under the carpet or called a topic of it own .Americans will not allow it ,It is affecting us all in every way!It is not a topic unto its own nor is it a subtopic,IT IS PART OF EVERY PART OF OUR LIVES RIGHT NOW !

Old 01-31-2007, 03:49 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,606,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txlady View Post
The answer is a big no. Illegal immigration is effecting every asspect of Americans lives right now ,so it indeed is going to be part of every disscusion from ,what do you think of Miami? To Hey how was you trip to the grocery store?Illegal immigration cannot be swept under the carpet or called a topic of it own .Americans will not allow it ,It is affecting us all in every way!It is not a topic unto its own nor is it a subtopic,IT IS PART OF EVERY PART OF OUR LIVES RIGHT NOW !
What I find extremely ironic is the president the RWNJ's voted into office TWICE used to run the state the bears the brunt of the illegal immigration burden. He did nothing then, he's doing nothing now. It would seem the problem with illegal immigration is the people who are so adamantly against it. The majority of these people are right-wing, and they just keep voting idiots into office.

He blew it when he ran the state. He's blowing it now with the country.

Sometimes when you keep making the wrong decisions over and over again, it helps to do exactly the opposite the next time you have a decision to make. Anything else is the definition of insanity.

As for the II discussions, yes, they're clogging the politics section. I vote for the sub-forum

-TT

Old 01-31-2007, 04:42 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,456,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txlady View Post
I agree illegal immigration in intertwined in many other issues, but the topic of the forum is 'Politics and Other Controversies' and if others on the forum are bothered by having so many illegal immigration threads and having the subject introduced on threads about entirely different issues then maybe a separate forum would be better.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:46 PM

110 posts, read 472,557 times
Wouldn't you know that a simple vote turns into an illegal immigration forum in it's right.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:50 PM

67 posts, read 292,266 times
wow yap city.You cant find problems with illegal immigration.I guess you dont mind the higer crime rates overburdened school system ,overburdened healthcare system,the lower wagesetcetcetcetc.
You can put it in a subtopic but it is going to come up over and over everywhere else.It already is and there is a reason for it.
You can try and sweep it under the carpet with a subtopic like so many sleeping americans who are to weak to fix problems and would rather leave them to their children to fix.
But it wont work because it has seeped into everything.I only wish i lived off welfare or made my income by exploiting illegal labor ,and had no children to care about wether or not there future would be better than mine.Then i could join the sheepole and act like there is no problem also.
Comon wake up!!!

people are posting these question tahat you would delegate to a sub area because they are pertinet to the are they are researching.

Like if are thinking of moving to miami and are white with a hispanic wife ,then it makes sense to ask under "miami"what do folks in miami think about it.
IT WONT WORK

Last edited by txlady; 01-31-2007 at 04:59 PM..

Old 01-31-2007, 05:55 PM

569 posts, read 1,225,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
What I find extremely ironic is the president the RWNJ's voted into office TWICE used to run the state the bears the brunt of the illegal immigration burden. He did nothing then, he's doing nothing now.
YAP,

The onus to stop the tide of illegal immigration is on the Federal Government not the States. G.W.'s predecessors, Gov. Ann Richards (D-TX) did not stop the tide at the state level on her watch and President William J. Clinton did not stop the tide at the Federal level on his watch. It's been an ongoing problem for both side of the aisle.

Administrator - I thinks it''s time to move the survey to the "new illegal immigration polling" sub-forum that determines if a new sub-forum is needed for illegal immigration!

I voted yes to a new sub-forum.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:12 PM

332 posts, read 445,989 times
I say yes because people wouldn't have to worry "as much" about their posts being turned into a illegal immigration topic.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:48 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,590,439 times
Please don't be fooled by an obvious ploy to marginalize and isolate an issue of specific importance to specific areas of the U.S.

NO for the following reasons. First the "compassionate" one: I am somewhat excerpting a quote by the Assembly Majority leader here in Calif., Ms. Bass. Although it was describing another regional population, it's a nicer way of putting things overall : "I'm certain that many of my colleagues are not aware of the status...If you live in a community where you do not live side by side with this...population, why would you be aware?"

Which leads us to the second one. If the moderators were to excise wholly and censor all references to illegal immigration in the Los Angeles forum for instance, you would be promoting a massive disservice to all relocators eyeing this site. My city is ground zero for illegal immigration (300 illegals moving to L.A. per day), with a worst case scenario groundswell of domino effects, from overtaxing citizens to pay for services for all those illegals, to the closing of emergency centers flooded with illegals (E.R.'s cannot shun patients here, so illegals use E.R.s for all medical complaints no matter trivial or not.) You don't live "side by side" with them, and I do. I know exactly what the consequences of unrestrained illegal immigration can be in terms of lowering the quality of life issues for all populations around them in a city.

You all can guess exactly what will happen in an isolated thread as well: the formerly banned ranters again will rant without a smidgen of intellectual stamina, which undoubtedly will turn off all other readers. That's exactly how you "ban" a subject that this site's European administrators do not want to be here, ever so subtly by fooling you all into marginalizing it. Please don't fall for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration