U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 01:17 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Is that Gang Initiation Day or something?
You're telling me you've never heard "Don't wear White after labor day"???????? Also the only gang the wearing white will get you in is the KKK. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 01:44 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
You're telling me you've never heard "Don't wear White after labor day"???????? Also the only gang the wearing white will get you in is the KKK. LOL!
Well..we better wash our pillow cases

Old 08-23-2008, 01:50 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Oh. Sorry. I had no idea you were such a fashionista.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:52 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Quote:
Are you just trying to poke me into getting a negative response? Besides, its just a little joke. It's been in movies such as Dukes Of Hazzard.

Read this: Why aren't you supposed to wear white after Labor Day?

Last edited by Californio; 08-23-2008 at 02:00 PM..

Old 08-23-2008, 01:57 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Perhaps Californio is a bit like me....a sophisticate hiding behind a somewhat rough facade. For instance, you might scoff at my choice of Ritz Crackers served with a topping of "fresh-from-the-can" sardines.....yet you may be surprised to learn that I'd instinctively know what wine to serve with such a repast..as WELL as what temperature to pour it at....AND, whether to wipe my hands on my shirt, OR my pants, at the conclusion of the meal.

Don't let 'first impressions' fool you..(burp)...!

Old 08-23-2008, 02:11 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Are you just trying to poke me into getting a negative response? Besides, its just a little joke. It's been in movies such as Dukes Of Hazzard.

Read this: Why aren't you supposed to wear white after Labor Day?
Well, if it was in the Dukes of Hazzard then I most definitely have heard of it.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:10 PM

11,215 posts, read 7,606,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think we should stop all immigration. I am getting sick of them all together. some come to work, some come to drain, and some come to whine. I like the odds better if they just stop coming.
If we stop all immigration we will run out of the necessary "brain" power that we need to run the country.
What was the last time you checked and see how many foreign work visas are a must to allow highly educated people to work in our high tech industries. Our educational system either does not produce enough or good enough people. Immigrants will always be needed. We need to contol that number and stop all ILLEGAL immigration.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:17 PM

11,215 posts, read 7,606,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
...Deportation is extremely costly (I have read that it costs approximately $7,000-8,000 to deport a person) and has costly economic and social effects on communities when there are mass deportations. Although I am normally a person who believes that the law is made to be followed and not to be broken, I have to abandon this idea when speaking of illegal immigration because I think it is MORE costly to enforce our rigid immigration laws than to just not enforce in many cases. I just have to say that I don't care about a person's illegal status if they and their children are contributing to the community. It seems like some of you favor principle over practicality.
And the cost of those illegals staying?
Not only huge $$$ figures, but the breakdown of our identity and internal turmoil

Old 08-24-2008, 05:11 AM

3,074 posts, read 3,336,186 times
I agree with you. These comments you referred to are someone else's I had copied and pasted to discuss them in a prior message when I was asked to prove those comments had been made. The Center for Immigration Reform has an excellent article about the huge cost of supporting illegals. See link below:

Center for Immigration Studies

With all the information available, I am left shaking my head and e-mailing my congressmen and women to stop this which you so correctly state is identity and internal turmoil, and ultimate demise of America. You just can't put two tons of stuff in a one ton truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
And the cost of those illegals staying?
Not only huge $$$ figures, but the breakdown of our identity and internal turmoil

Old 08-24-2008, 09:57 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I agree with you. These comments you referred to are someone else's I had copied and pasted to discuss them in a prior message when I was asked to prove those comments had been made. The Center for Immigration Reform has an excellent article about the huge cost of supporting illegals. See link below:

Center for Immigration Studies

With all the information available, I am left shaking my head and e-mailing my congressmen and women to stop this which you so correctly state is identity and internal turmoil, and ultimate demise of America.
Quote:
You just can't put two tons of stuff in a one ton truck.
You can, but it's going to break down,,,,,,and fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration