Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 02:05 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times

Advertisements

I'm fully aware that he was being sarcastic, I however, was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I introduce you to the ''. Sarcasm smiley, meet jmarquise. jmarquise, meet sarcasm smiley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 02:08 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I'm fully aware that he was being sarcastic, I however, was not.
I was talking about your response to his post. . His post was sarcastic.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:13 PM

isn't that what I just said? I know he was being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I was talking about your response to his post. . His post was sarcastic.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:22 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Poor man. Hope the catch the creeps and give them his room. Patch him up and send him home.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:10 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
I am glad that some people can actually admit that poor people choose to be poor and live where they live. we need more thinkers like that!
Sharp one, aren't we?

No genius. It means not everyone can afford to live in the best, safest neighborhooods.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:14 PM

sharp enough to stab holes right through your arguments. perhaps you should read the definition of sarcasm. sharp one, aren't we? if you can't afford to live in a safe neighborhood, you deserve to get stabbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Sharp one, aren't we?

No genius. It means not everyone can afford to live in the best, safest neighborhooods.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
If you did not have a lot of money, let's say to the point of poverty, but still had to live, would you not be forced to live in an undesirable neighborhood? Rather than living on the streets? I suspect that if you had no family or means of getting some quick money for a security deposit & a few months rent, you would be forced to live in that area. Happens to lots of people every day, regardless if they're legal or not.
I would not leave my own country, get into another illegally to live in a neighborhood like the Bronx.

We're told that Mexicans come here to pick lettuce and fruit -- so why was he in the Bronx? No. Even if I chose to break every American law on the books, steal a social security number, sneak over the border, take a job that I was not entitled to take, I would pick lettuce or fruit or bale hay and live in a more rural area that was safer.

Yes, we all make choices.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:22 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
sharp enough to stab holes right through your arguments. perhaps you should read the definition of sarcasm. sharp one, aren't we? if you can't afford to live in a safe neighborhood, you deserve to get stabbed.
Another qoute of the day!

I wish I actually saved these. This is probably one of the stupidest comments Ive read on this board. Which believe me, is a HUGE accomplishment.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Poor man. Hope the catch the creeps and give them his room. Patch him up and send him home.
Did you bother to read the article? They did catch them, they arrested the illegal and charged him with attempted murder, assault, criminal possession of a weapon and harassment, and ordered held on $100,000 bail.

The other two guys who he attacked: Stevenson was slapped with assault, criminal possession and harassment and released on his own recognizance; Ozuna was hit with a misdemeanor weapons charge and freed. Both have pleaded not guilty.

This obviously did not involve an innocent party on either side. Both the illegal and one of the other guys were sliced up a little -- this was a fight.

The victims of the illegal have pleaded not guilty but were still found to be guilty of some kind of crimes.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:00 PM

you know what you are getting going into a neighborhood. I would rather live in a safe neighborhood, and get some roommates. but, live in the slums, expect things like this. even when I was poor, I lived in decent neighborhoods. yeah, I had a tiny bedroom and shared a bathroom with 4 other people, but we were safe. by the way, isn't the word quote? I should save these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Another qoute of the day!

I wish I actually saved these. This is probably one of the stupidest comments Ive read on this board. Which believe me, is a HUGE accomplishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration