U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 09:41 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,900,435 times

Advertisements

Last week, Congresswoman Michele Bachmann(R-MN) called for Congress to reconvene so it could take out parts of the recent Freddie Mac bailout that give $500 million in unmarked grants to far-Left “community development” groups, such as the National Council of La Raza.

Bachmann’s stand is symbolic but admirable. The Treason Lobby’s tentacles are reaching out to seize the American taxpayer.

When the bailout bill was passed at the end of July, there was little public comment on the money going to La Raza. However, it’s not the first time they’ve tried this stunt. In May, Congressman Barney Frank earmarked $15 million to La Raza in his Housing Stabilization and Homeownership Retention Act of 2008. The bill was killed—but a number of people on the Hill have told me that they expect La Raza to end up with even more money in the act that subsequently passed.

To put this grant in perspective: even $15 million dollars is greater than the total assets of the three biggest immigration control groups—Numbers USA, The Center for Immigration Studies, and The Federation for American Immigration Reform—combined.

It’s not as if La Raza needs taxpayer money. It currently has over $100 million dollars in assets, along with its Raza Development Fund, their “community development lending arm” that has another 53 million. This is before they got their housing bailout money, along with $1.3 million dollars it got from HUD earlier this year, and $16 million dollars that The Wachovia Foundation, associated with the Wachovia Corporation bank, pledged to them in June.

VDARE.com: 08/21/08 - Treason Lobby Tapping Taxpayers For La Raza

Please accept my sincere apologies if your screen melts from the steam radiating from my body as I type this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 09:45 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,172,102 times
And what the heck are they doing with all that green, may I ask? Do they not have to account for where the money goes?

Old 08-22-2008, 09:46 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,037,808 times
And this is what the so called advocates for illegals are getting out of the deal......cash, power and influence. They don't give a rats azz for the illegal himself...if they did, that money would be going to free English lessons, GED classes and money to help clean up the neighborhoods and keep the anchors on the right track. Instead, the money goes where?
La Raza prays that amnesty is never granted....if it were, who would they then 'champion' so profitably?

And shame on the dems and reps who are pushing this bs through.....they want the potential votes laraza promises it can deliver to them. Disgusting and yet another reason that term limits need to be implemented and also a third party needs to become viable.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
And what the heck are they doing with all that green, may I ask? Do they not have to account for where the money goes?
Probably dumping the vast majority of it into very lucrative individual offshore accounts. They sure as hell aren't investing any of it in educating or empowering any of the illegal alien peasants that they are being paid to represent.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
And this is what the so called advocates for illegals are getting out of the deal......cash, power and influence. They don't give a rats azz for the illegal himself...if they did, that money would be going to free English lessons, GED classes and money to help clean up the neighborhoods and keep the anchors on the right track. Instead, the money goes where?
La Raza prays that amnesty is never granted....if it were, who would they then 'champion' so profitably?

And shame on the dems and reps who are pushing this bs through.....they want the potential votes laraza promises it can deliver to them. Disgusting and yet another reason that term limits need to be implemented and also a third party needs to become viable.
As Benicar has stated time and again, amnesty will never be granted as it would not be beneficial to any of them behind the curtain in the land of Oz.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:02 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Please accept my sincere apologies if your screen melts from the steam radiating from my body as I type this.
No apology is necessary. If my screen hasn't melted from my unadulterated rage, it never will. These putrid slave traders are only concerned with ensuring the continuation of illegal immigration.

It’s not surprising that they receive such lucrative funding, given their exemplary performance in facilitating cheap labor sheeple for the corporate elite. They are all pond scum.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:43 AM

638 posts, read 1,638,611 times
"Occasionally I get a call from supporters who suggest we organize a boycott of different companies that contribute to La Raza. The name I hear most is State Farm Insurance.

I tell them that as much I’d love to boycott them, right now there is pretty much nowhere to go. I looked up the sponsors La Raza’s last annual conference—there were over 200 of them—and just about every major insurance company was there including, Aetna, Nationwide, Geico, Sharp Healthcare, and Prudential! In addition there were over two dozen government and military agencies; the Republican Party (!); and, most shockingly, a number of charities. The March of Dimes, Foundation for the Advancement in Cancer Research, National Eye Institute, and Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation and Paralysis Resource Center all were sponsors of the conference. "
VDARE.com: 08/21/08 - Treason Lobby Tapping Taxpayers For La Raza

Page 1
AARP California
ACLU/San Diego County Immigrant Rights
Consortium
ACORN Political Operations
ACT, Inc.
Administration for Children and Families
Aetna/Planifique Para Su Salud
AIG
Alliant International University
American Diabetes Association
American Honda
American Legacy Foundation
Amtrak
AT&T
AutoTrader.com
Azteca America San Diego 15 & 10 News
Bank of America
Bank of America
Best Buy Corporation
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Border Angels
BP
California Office of the Patient Advocate
California Republican Party
CAMPAIGN.COM
CDC-National Prevention Information Network (NPIN)
Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Center for Responsible Lending
Central Intelligence Agency
Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation
Paralysis Resource Center
Clinicas De Salud Del Pueblo, Inc.
Comcast
Community HousingWorks
ConAgra Foods
Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute
Consumers Union
Countrywide Financial Corp.
Page 2
County of San Diego
County of San Diego Office of Emergency Services
County Registrar Voters Office
Cox Enterprises, Inc./Cox Communications, Inc.
Creative Images Photography Studio
Dell Inc./Intel Corporation
Department of Homeland Security/ US VISIT
DHS/Transportation Security Administration
Diario San Diego
Dish Latino
E*TRADE FINANCIAL
Eastman Kodak Company
El Latino Newspaper
El Sol Latino Newspaper
Eli Lilly and Company
Entravision Communications Corporation
FDA Office of Women's Health
Federal Air Marshall Service
Federal Communications Commission
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Federal Housing Administration (FHA)
Federal Student Aid
Federal Trade Commission
FedEx Corporation
Ford Motor Company
Foundation for the Advancement in Cancer Research
Freddie Mac
GEICO
General Motors Corporation
GobiernoUSA.gov/GSA
Green Money Card Financial Services
Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU)
Hispanic Medal of Honor Society
Hispanic Network Magazine
Hispanic Women's Corporation
HUD-Office of Fair Housing
Page 3
Hyundai Motor America
Inbound Clicks-Batiz.com
Internal Revenue Service-SPEC
J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc.
Jobs for the Future
Johnson & Johnson
Julian Samora Legacy Project
KPBS Public Broadcasting/V-me
La Onda Verde de NRDC
Las Comadres Para Las Americas
LatinaStyle Magazine
Latino Future Magazine
Latino Print Network
Laura Lopez Cano
LEGAL MOMENTUM
Los Angeles Universal Preschool
Lowe's Companies, Inc.
MAAC Project
March of Dimes
McDonald's
MetLife
Metropolitan Transit System
Miller Brewing Company
MVS Radio - La Mejor 99.3 FM
MVS Radio- Exa 91.7 FM
NAMI-San Diego
National Association of Broadcasters
National Eye Institute, NIH
National Hispana Leadership Institute
National HIV Testing Mobilization Campaign
National Institute of Child Health and Human
Development (NICHD)
National Latino Children's Institute
National Library of Medicine
National Parks Conservation Association
National Security Agency
National Society of Hispanic MBAs
Nationwide Insurance
NBC 7/39 (San Diego)
NCLR
NCLR Institute for Hispanic Health
NeighborWorks America
Nielsen
Page 4

Continues . . 12 pages total.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No apology is necessary. If my screen hasn't melted from my unadulterated rage, it never will. These putrid slave traders are only concerned with ensuring the continuation of illegal immigration.

It’s not surprising that they receive such lucrative funding, given their exemplary performance in facilitating cheap labor sheeple for the corporate elite. They are all pond scum.
They truly are pond scum. It's mind numbing that a racist organization such as this one has succeeded in becoming "legitimate".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration