Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 11:01 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,826 times

Advertisements

Man, this thread just keeps getting thicker (no pun intended).

Omissions : Some Asian immigrant groups have large families in their home countries, that 8 siblings (or more) could be considered a norm.

Omissions : Asians are ripe with racism (not to mention sexism). They look down at whites, as being just above blacks. And most consider their country to be the superior race of Asian.

Omissions : Some Asian groups regarding the Chinese, wrinkle their nose and call them a "dirty" people.

Omissions : Chinese have an enormous presence of illegal alien activity in this country, via organized crime. Or are we excluding the Chinese from being Asians? Model citizens?

Omissions : Ample proof of Asian businesses being income tax invaders. Model citizens?

Omissions : Ample proof of (some) Asian communities (or immigration groups) having a non-integrated approach to living in America, which in fact, makes them nothing more than economic parasites. They're certainly not here to be Americans.

If more Americans knew languages of Asia, they might balk about patronizing Asian restaurants where staff was talking bad about them, and in the background the music was saying, "Remember <<..their country..>> Remember who you are".

Stereotypical Asians?

I could take a "stereotypical" view of Americans too . . because the ignorant don't know how often they are indirectly supporting Communism and Organized Crime via Asian owned businesses, and even if they did know, would they stop? Justifying ignorance to themselves is an acquiesce to it. And there's a pivotal point in ignorance vs. choosing ignorance, that makes all the difference in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 12:07 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
So, bottom line is, (and correct me if I'm wrong), you seem to have a few reservations about Asian immigrants, and are generally 'holding back' from giving them your full endorsement. Is that a safe guess on my part?

Old 08-23-2008, 12:44 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
My friend who lives in Seoul told me that she is considered the equivelant of the Stay Puff MarshMellow Man, while in the US she is thought of as skinny. She is probably about a size 10/12......makes me very glad not to live in Korea

Your friend is pulling your leg.
I was stationed in Korea Camp Casey few yrs back and there are heavy Asian's however it's rare now that I think of it .
A size 10/12 isn't considered heavy there .

Keep in mind as a whole Korean women are not to curvy and Korean men not exactly broad . Its a different built.

Seoul is very pretty unreal bus service and spotless. Magnificent furniture but not cheap .

Old 08-23-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL I have been to asia many times and have seen some over weight asians. Just no where near the percentage of over weight americans. When I go there I feel fat. I am 5'9.5" and weigh 170 pounds. I run and I am in good shape for a guy 45 yrsold. Bottom line is they eat much healthier than we do. Fish and chicken are primary meats. Beef and pork considered a treat eaten but once in a while.
Over weight asian immigrants? No I have never met one. My wife is an asian immigrant so I get to meet quite a few. They sort of search each other out.

Yes they eat way better than we do but because it's cheaper .
Fish just caught there is nothing compared to here .
They make less than we do than again maybe not but the food compared to their average income is pennies.
Not meat but fish and chicken.
Korean pears and watermelon are like 8 cents a pound compared to here and the watermelon there is unreal .

Old 08-23-2008, 12:57 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Damn.. I want some pork now.. that Puerto Rican pork that I saw on No Reservations looked simply amazing.. -mouth waters-.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Damn.. I want some pork now.. that Puerto Rican pork that I saw on No Reservations looked simply amazing.. -mouth waters-.

I like pork also but still prefer Korean watermelon

Old 08-23-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I like pork also but still prefer Korean watermelon
Ever tasted Korean BBQ? Not the best food I've had.. I was dissappointed. Everyone said it tasted amazing.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Ever tasted Korean BBQ? Not the best food I've had.. I was dissappointed. Everyone said it tasted amazing.

I was also dissappointed.

Where you here in the states or Korea when you ate it ?

Old 08-23-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I have eaten dog and cat BBQ which they had further up North like 15 miles from DMZ in the poor area's .

I was also dissappointed.
Actually I had no expectation's .
Where you here in the states or Korea when you ate it ?
The states. They had a bunch of Mexicans working in the back, and the waiters were Korean. They did that whole "cook your food at your table" type of thing.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
The states. They had a bunch of Mexicans working in the back, and the waiters were Korean. They did that whole "cook your food at your table" type of thing.

Ok ok. Yes nothing beats American BBQ . Jamacain isn't bad either but spicey .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration