U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 05:39 PM

638 posts, read 1,640,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
You think that there are 31 million "illegals" in this country?!?
yup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 05:39 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,297,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
yup
And half of them live in Southern California, right?

Old 08-22-2008, 05:42 PM

1,417 posts, read 855,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
yup
I'm sorry to say but a deliberate anti-illegal website does not agree with you. Immigration Counters.com - Live Data

Old 08-22-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I'm sorry to say but a deliberate anti-illegal website does not agree with you. Immigration Counters.com - Live Data
And that's their estimate. I thought the number was closer to 10-15 million, but I'm not in the field counting "illegals" so who the hell knows.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:46 PM

838 posts, read 908,102 times
Quote:
JDubsMom, 2.1 babies per woman is the replacement rate in population. If Hispanic women in the US are having 2.3 babies an average, this is barely over the replacement rate and far being characteristic as "breeding like wild animals with no sense of responsibility." If you want that I suggest you go to the ghetto where I'm sure you will find your fair share of women with six kids who they can't support without government funds - but oh yeah, that's fine because they're American, right?

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Again, this is coming from someone who is actually OF mexican descent, so it comes with NO bias. They DO breed like rats. Maybe not the americanized ones. BUT THEY DO. The stories I could tell you.
And yes, a TON of them come here to abuse the system and continually spew out children to keep reaping the benefits. Do other legal citizens do this as well? Yes. Does it make it right? NO.
But there are stereotypes for a reason. If asian women were doing the same thing I'm sure people would be categorizing about them...funny thing is..I've never heard them doing that..so you have to realize something correlates there.
Again, my mother is mexican...but she is hardworking and none of my family has ever been on the welfare system..and no one has more kids than they can afford...most have two or less. Don't you ever ask yourself when you see two FOBs with their 6 children...how they support themselves? Does anyone do that except for me?

I always find it hard to believe that the husband can be working an undertable job (putting other citizens out of work b/c he will work for $5/hr and send it back to his *****ty country) and the wife is at home with like 3-4 kids and a 7 month bowling ball belly..when I , 23 w/ no children, work at a good company with a little bit above average pay..and could never imagine being able to support more than 2 children in my lifetime. So how are they affording it? I hate to make you extreme liberals answer that.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:51 PM

I think that you very well COULD be biased if you conclude from looking at a statistic of 2.3 births/woman - a mere 0.2 births more than the rate of replacement, mind you - that Mexican women overbreed like animals. It's just not a reasonable conclusion given the facts. I don't doubt that you've seen your fair share of 23 year old Mexican girls with 4 kids but given the actual data on the matter, they are the exception and not the norm.

And after having several of my posts, would you really call me an "extreme liberal" ?

Old 08-22-2008, 05:51 PM

1,417 posts, read 855,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Again, this is coming from someone who is actually OF mexican descent, so it comes with NO bias. They DO breed like rats. Maybe not the americanized ones. BUT THEY DO. The stories I could tell you.
And yes, a TON of them come here to abuse the system and continually spew out children to keep reaping the benefits. Do other legal citizens do this as well? Yes. Does it make it right? NO.
But there are stereotypes for a reason. If asian women were doing the same thing I'm sure people would be categorizing about them...funny thing is..I've never heard them doing that..so you have to realize something correlates there.
Again, my mother is mexican...but she is hardworking and none of my family has ever been on the welfare system..and no one has more kids than they can afford...most have two or less. Don't you ever ask yourself when you see two FOBs with their 6 children...how they support themselves? Does anyone do that except for me?

I always find it hard to believe that the husband can be working an undertable job (putting other citizens out of work b/c he will work for $5/hr and send it back to his *****ty country) and the wife is at home with like 3-4 kids and a 7 month bowling ball belly..when I , 23 w/ no children, work at a good company with a little bit above average pay..and could never imagine being able to support more than 2 children in my lifetime. So how are they affording it? I hate to make you extreme liberals answer that.
Dude, everything comes with a bias one way or another.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:00 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,912,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post

Excellent post. Sorry I couldn't rep you. I see them every single day in downtown Chicago. Those I see appear to be anywhere from the age of 14 to 40, many of which more likely than not are illegal aliens. I have never, ever seen any of them with less than 3 children and one in the oven. Not a word of English is ever spoken while they are happily chatting and excited in their quest to locate the welfare office.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Dude, everything comes with a bias one way or another.
I'm not a DUDE. I'm a girl. See pic lol :-D

Old 08-22-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I think that you very well COULD be biased if you conclude from looking at a statistic of 2.3 births/woman - a mere 0.2 births more than the rate of replacement, mind you - that Mexican women overbreed like animals. It's just not a reasonable conclusion given the facts. I don't doubt that you've seen your fair share of 23 year old Mexican girls with 4 kids but given the actual data on the matter, they are the exception and not the norm.

And after having several of my posts, would you really call me an "extreme liberal" ?
No no no..I'm not calling you an extreme liberal personally..I'm giving that question TO the extreme liberals. Not directed at you. I don't think you are an extreme liberal at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or