U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2008, 04:16 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,918,041 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

SEATTLE (AP) — Hispanics give birth to one in every five babies in Washington state, outpacing all other ethnic and racial groups, according to U.S. census and state health statistics.

The birth rate among Hispanics, 103 babies for every 1,000 women of childbearing age, is almost twice that of any other group in the state and reflects nationwide trends.

The combination of high Hispanic birth rates, high rates of immigration and lower birth rates among whites has led to projections by the U.S. Census Bureau that by mid-century, nonwhites will be a majority of the population nationwide.

In Washington, minorities could account for 32 percent of the state's population by 2030, compared with 23 percent at present, according to the state Office of Financial Management.

Last week a census study on fertility showed that among women 15 to 50, as the agency defines childbearing age, those born outside the U.S. had 71 births per 1,000 women, compared to 52 per 1,000 among natives.

The study also found that an average Hispanic woman in the U.S. will have 2.3 children, more than her white, black or Asian American counterparts.


The Wenatchee World Online - Hispanic births outpace all others in Washington (http://wenatcheeworld.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080822/NEWS03/66500 - broken link)

I'd be happier if most of my tax dollars go toward someone being hired to stand over them and make them take birth control pills as opposed to paying for their irresponsible breeding habits. Breeding like wild animals with no sense of responsibility is disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2008, 04:25 PM
 
3,368 posts, read 10,302,932 times
Reputation: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The study also found that an average Hispanic woman in the U.S. will have 2.3 children, more than her white, black or Asian American counterparts.


The Wenatchee World Online - Hispanic births outpace all others in Washington (http://wenatcheeworld.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080822/NEWS03/66500 - broken link)

I'd be happier if most of my tax dollars go toward someone being hired to stand over them and make them take birth control pills as opposed to paying for their irresponsible breeding habits. Breeding like wild animals with no sense of responsibility is disgusting.
JDubsMom, 2.1 babies per woman is the replacement rate in population. If Hispanic women in the US are having 2.3 babies an average, this is barely over the replacement rate and far being characteristic as "breeding like wild animals with no sense of responsibility." If you want that I suggest you go to the ghetto where I'm sure you will find your fair share of women with six kids who they can't support without government funds - but oh yeah, that's fine because they're American, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,180,867 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
JDubsMom, 2.1 babies per woman is the replacement rate in population. If Hispanic women in the US are having 2.3 babies an average, this is barely over the replacement rate and far being characteristic as "breeding like wild animals with no sense of responsibility." If you want that I suggest you go to the ghetto where I'm sure you will find your fair share of women with six kids who they can't support without government funds - but oh yeah, that's fine because they're American, right?
This is the part that should get your attention...

Quote:
The birth rate among Hispanics, 103 babies for every 1,000 women of childbearing age, is almost twice that of any other group in the state and reflects nationwide trends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 04:37 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,918,041 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
JDubsMom, 2.1 babies per woman is the replacement rate in population. If Hispanic women in the US are having 2.3 babies an average, this is barely over the replacement rate and far being characteristic as "breeding like wild animals with no sense of responsibility." If you want that I suggest you go to the ghetto where I'm sure you will find your fair share of women with six kids who they can't support without government funds - but oh yeah, that's fine because they're American, right?
Citizens or not, I don't condone anybody overcompensating in terms of fertility rates if they can't afford to take care of them. The fact that they are here illegally and deliberately breeding at the speed of sound while counting my tax dollars in between labor pains sickens me.

I would appreciate it if you would stop twisting my words to suit your needs or pretending that you can read my mind. It's getting old now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 04:37 PM
 
3,368 posts, read 10,302,932 times
Reputation: 1675
Nope, replacement rate is the bottom line. The fact that other women are reproducing at well below the replacement rate isn't really a concern of mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 04:39 PM
 
3,368 posts, read 10,302,932 times
Reputation: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Citizens or not, I don't condone anybody overcompensating in terms of fertility rates if they can't afford to take care of them. The fact that they are here illegally and deliberately breeding at the speed of sound while probably counting my tax dollars in between labor pains sickens me.

I would appreciate it if you would stop twisting my words to suit your needs or pretending that you can read my mind. It's getting old now.
This statistic is about "Hispanic" women and not about illegal aliens. I would also appreciate it if you would stop pulling random articles about "Hispanics" and passing them off as about illegal immigration when they are clearly not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 04:41 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,918,041 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Nope, replacement rate is the bottom line. The fact that other women are reproducing at well below the replacement rate isn't really a concern of mine.
They need to stay in Mexico and breed the replacement rate at the expense of the oligarchies. Those of us who want our country back would prefer to think that we won't be running out of natural resources anytime soon because breedmares here illegally from 3rd world cesspools (primarily Mexico) can't keep their legs closed for 5 seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 04:43 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 856,787 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Citizens or not, I don't condone anybody overcompensating in terms of fertility rates if they can't afford to take care of them. The fact that they are here illegally and deliberately breeding at the speed of sound while counting my tax dollars in between labor pains sickens me.

I would appreciate it if you would stop twisting my words to suit your needs or pretending that you can read my mind. It's getting old now.
As stated before, most hispanics are not here illegally. And I don't know anyone with 2+ kids who can't afford to keep them with the exception of one women who has 4 children and was beaten by her American husband and left alone with no child support.

Anyway, this article does not outline hispanics using any form of welfare to take care of their families. Also, I wouldn't say 2.3 children is breeding like wild animals. This article does not outline anything about illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 04:44 PM
 
3,368 posts, read 10,302,932 times
Reputation: 1675
Again, this article is about "Hispanics" and not about Mexicans who are illegally in the United States and using our resources. And assuming that our country wasn't "taken away" before 1985, when did we "lose it"," because I certainly don't remember! I've heard you say a few times that you "want our country back."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 04:44 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,918,041 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
This is the part that should get your attention...
Agreed. Some people just can't see past ethnicity to realize what is best for America outweighs defending the indefensible. It is my honor to rep you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top