U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 07:57 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You're black, right?
Thatís a strange question. Are you implying that ALL black women are fat? Iím black, and I am by no means in need of Jenny Craig. Stereotype much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 08:17 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That’s a strange question. Are you implying that ALL black women are fat? I’m black, and I am by no means in need of Jenny Craig. Stereotype much?
Exactly. Thanks to my 30 -45 minutes a day on my eliptical trainer and my Ab Lounger, I am in the best shape of my life. So much for his racist stereotypes.

On the other hand, those chicas in that video look like the only exercise they get is lifting a fork and spoon Q 2 hours. They need to step away from the tacos, chilupas, rice and beans and head for the nearest gym.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:04 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Exactly. Thanks to my 30 -45 minutes a day on my eliptical trainer and my Ab Lounger, I am in the best shape of my life. So much for his racist stereotypes.

On the other hand, those chicas in that video look like the only exercise they get is lifting a fork and spoon Q 2 hours. They need to step away from the tacos, chilupas, rice and beans and head for the nearest gym.

Look, maybe they are too poor to join a gym like the rest of us overfed racist mean spirited Americans. Picketing is a legitimate alternative to the eliptical and should not be judged inferior. After all, have we walked a mile (in circles) in their shoes?

Old 08-23-2008, 09:13 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Look, maybe they are too poor to join a gym like the rest of us overfed racist mean spirited Americans. Picketing is a legitimate alternative to the eliptical and should not be judged inferior. After all, have we walked a mile (in circles) in their shoes?
I think you have a point. Holding signs can be an excellent form of upper body strength training.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Racist and mean spirited? When did commenting on excess belly fat become racist and mean spirited?

As for your inference that picketing is a legitimate alternative to DAILY EXERCISE on an eliptical? Nobody said that an eliptical needed to be their weapon of choice. It doesn't cost a thing to do situps ON THE FLOOR OR WALKING further than the mailbox. I'd bet my eliptical they don't do jack in the form of exercise beyond exercising the ability to procreate and walking to the mailbox in anticipation of their monthly "mail".

Those chicas were standing around holding signs. Hell they were too lazy to even walk in a small circle for fear of exerting too much energy.

Don't hate me for commenting on the obvious.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-23-2008 at 09:37 AM..

Old 08-23-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I think you have a point. Holding signs can be an excellent form of upper body strength training.

Yes indeed, it sure looks exhausting, I can see their biceps bulging already . . .

Old 08-23-2008, 09:36 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What does their physical appearance have to do with anything?
For starters, that old battle axe at the start of the video says that the latinas are 'declaring war', apparently because they are displeased with the ICE raids and they want to 'stop the hate' (unless it is them that is doing the hating- then it is OK). When a group starts rattling their sabers, typically they then display their troops or weapons in a show of force designed to intimidate the enemy. Except that in this case their troops consist of the aforementioned latinas. Are they going to hit me over the head with their spike heels? Stab me with a barbecue fork? All they can do is flap their jaws as near as I can determine. They are going to 'declare war'? What a joke!

Last edited by andreabeth; 08-23-2008 at 09:55 AM..

Old 08-23-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
For starters, that old battle axe at the start of the video says that the latinas are 'declaring war', apparently because they are displeased ICE raids and they want to 'stop the hate' (unless it is them that is doing the hating- then it is OK). When a group starts rattling their sabers, typically they then display their troops or weapons in a show of force designed to intimidate the enemy. Except that in this case their troops consist of the aforementioned latinas. Are they going to hit me over the head with their spike heels? Stab me with a barbecue fork? All they can do is flap their jaws as near as I can determine. They are going to 'declare war'? What a joke!
OMG . .. I am so hoping I can rep you. There should be a separate category in order to rep posters for comedic gold content. I could not agree more.

The witch aka Emma Lozano is the wife of Slime aka Slim Coleman the alleged and infamous minister of Adalberto "church" in Chicago. Home of illegal alien aiders, abettors and harborers. Temporary surrogate mother of Saul Arellano after Elvira ran off and left him after his anchor baby value to help her remain in the US plumetted. Current harborors of the illegal alien Flor Christomono who had 3 children by the age of 16 and left them with her grandmother back in Mexico while claiming to have entered US illegally to feed her brood. Funny, she hasn't left that "church" in six months. With her not working and all, I wonder if her children and her mother have starved to death yet.

Quote:
CHICAGO — A Mexican woman says she is "picking up the torch" from another illegal resident who became a symbol for immigration reform when she took shelter in a Chicago church for a year before being deported.
Quote:
Flor Crisostomo, 28, who paid a smuggler to drive her across the U.S. border in 2000, spurned a deportation order Monday and moved into Adalberto United Methodist Church.
Crisostomo hopes her actions send a message similar to Elvira Arellano, who became a beacon of hope for millions of illegal immigrants and a lightning rod for those who saw her brazen refusal to leave the U.S. as proof of lax enforcement.
Arellano lived in an apartment on the church's upper floor for a year before leaving in August to visit Los Angeles, where immigration authorities arrested her and, within hours, deported her to Mexico.
Adalberto's pastor said no one pressured Crisostomo to take sanctuary at the church, which is in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood.
"It's unfortunate we have to do this. This church has other priorities, like helping the poor in this neighborhood," the Rev. Walter Coleman said. "But God didn't give us a choice. When God says do this, we say, 'Yes, sir!"'

Old 08-23-2008, 09:57 AM

638 posts, read 1,637,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
. . Emma Lozano
The Sheriff Joe Pinata lady?

She's in this documentary "Accept Us"

Pt1

YouTube - Accept Us part 1 of 2
Pt2

YouTube - Accept Us part 2 of 2

Pt2, girl being interviewed speaking in Spanish says, ". . and thanks to God, instead of turning myself into immigration authorities, I came to my church and my Pastor decided to declare the church a sancturary for me."

IMO : arrest any God and Pastor, Priest, Reverend, et.al., for aiding and abetting next time that happens, revoke the church's non-profit status with back taxes owed retroactively as any such business should properly be re-classified as a criminal organization. Should put an abrupt end to this absurdity.

If anyone has a problem with it, call me. I'm immune to pinata voodoo.

Last edited by r601020; 08-23-2008 at 10:07 AM..

Old 08-23-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
The Sheriff Joe Pinata lady?

She's in this documentary "Accept Us"

Pt1

YouTube - Accept Us part 1 of 2
Pt2

YouTube - Accept Us part 2 of 2

Pt2, girl being interviewed speaking in Spanish says, ". . and thanks to God, instead of turning myself into immigration authorities, I came to my church and my Pastor decided to declare the church a sancturary for me."

IMO : arrest any God and Pastor, Priest, Reverend, et.al., for aiding and abetting next time that happens, revoke the church's non-profit status with back taxes owed retroactively, and it should put an abrupt end to this absurdity.

If anyone has a problem with it, call me. I'm immune to pinata voodoo.

ITA. ICE needs to either deputize me to go in and get them, or go in and drag the illegal aliens and their harborers out and shut the church's doors indefinitely. Excellent post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration