U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 06:49 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times

Advertisements

The claim is likely to be followed by a wrongful death lawsuit in which the family of Tony Bologna and his sons could seek millions of dollars from the city.

Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16, were shot to death on a street in the Excelsior district June 22. Edwin Ramos, 21, of El Sobrante, who authorities say is a member of a street gang, has been charged with three counts of murder.

Tony Bologna's wife, Danielle, and other relatives denounced the city's sanctuary practices after The Chronicle reported that Ramos, a Salvadoran native suspected of being in this country illegally, had committed felony attempted robbery and assault as a juvenile.

The Chronicle reported that officials with the Juvenile Probation Department, relying on their interpretation of San Francisco's sanctuary city ordinance, had not referred Ramos to federal immigration authorities for possible deportation. The ordinance bars city officials from cooperating with federal crackdowns on illegal immigrants.

Family blames sanctuary policy in 3 slayings

Here's hoping the judge will render an opinion that will allow the family to proceed with the lawsuit. It would be a nice touch if they are allowed to add the federal government as co-defendants. Not only would it set a huge precedent, it will embolden more citizens to demand that sanctuary cities and policies be abolished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 08:10 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Clearly, Newsom and his sanctuary policies enabled this illegal alien to remain in this country and commit these senseless murders. He should be removed from office, and no federal funds should be allocated until they rescind their policies.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Clearly, Newsom and his sanctuary policies enabled this illegal alien to remain in this country and commit these senseless murders. He should be removed from office, and no federal funds should be allocated until they rescind their policies.
I couldn't agree more. I would go so far to hope that they include the federal government as co defendants. Even though we the taxpayers would pick up the tab, the precedent it would set and the message it would send would be worth every single penny.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:38 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I couldn't agree more. I would go so far to hope that they include the federal government as co defendants. Even though we the taxpayers would pick up the tab, the precedent it would set and the message it would send would be worth every single penny.
Absolutely! I hope they sue the pants off of them. Perhaps then, other sanctuary cities will think twice about aiding and abetting, since they obviously have no regard for violating federal law. Hit them where it hurts.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! I hope they sue the pants off of them. Perhaps then, other sanctuary cities will think twice about aiding and abetting, since they obviously have no regard for violating federal law. Hit them where it hurts.
Agreed. I'm beginning to wonder how many of our elected "representatives" were students in EMH classes.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:45 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
The politicians failing to have common-sense federal laws enforced should be sued, run out of office, but the latter is harder to do with illegals fraudulently voting in our elections. Lawsuits for failing to uphold the laws of this country.

YouTube - The Second American Revolution

Old 08-23-2008, 10:17 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
I hope that this family sues the city of San Francisco into financial oblivion. Sanctuary city policies are an assault on each and every American citizen and legal immigrant in this country.

My heart goes out to these poor people.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:28 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I hope that this family sues the city of San Francisco into financial oblivion. Sanctuary city policies are an assault on each and every American citizen and legal immigrant in this country.

My heart goes out to these poor people.
Financial oblivion I do disagree with----------that would injure many innocent people.

That stated: a 'lil ol' pimp-slap' to the tune of a few mil may get Frisco's attention quickly.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:41 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The claim is likely to be followed by a wrongful death lawsuit in which the family of Tony Bologna and his sons could seek millions of dollars from the city.
No advocate of frivolous lawsuits here but I will definitely be rooting for this one.

Isn't it a damn shame scumbag politicians (Pandering Gavin Newsom as well as all members of the San Francisco City Council in this case) cannot be sued and held personally liable for blatantly disrespecting the laws of this country?

Old 08-23-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
No advocate of frivolous lawsuits here but I will definitely be rooting for this one.

Isn't it a damn shame scumbag politicians (Pandering Gavin Newsom as well as all members of the San Francisco City Council in this case) cannot be sued and held personally liable for blatantly disrespecting the laws of this country?
Agreed. Should they win, the precedent that their victory would set would be priceless. Not only will it bring worldwide attention to the problem, the fear it will instill in our stupid federal government will result in them finally getting serious with crackdowns, deportation and honoring the wishes of the vast majority of the American people.

Politicians tend to get the lead out when we hold them accountable for their actions and or negligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration