U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2008, 01:44 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,733,980 times
Reputation: 223

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
as to why some of you continue to pretend that you're not just a little prejudice against hispanics? Seems to me that some of you, not naming names, are a little too, shall we say cowboy gung-ho? Some are quite comfortable laying prejudice & assumptions, and not to mention some absurd rude comments & all around crap about another race....Interesting,, because behind your keyboard making some ridiculous claims about others is pretty cowardly...just saying.
You are right on every and all accounts you have made, thank you for saying what many members should re read some of these post and see where they and we have all made mistakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2008, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, I'm still black.
Your son can claim Hispanic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 02:19 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
You are right on every and all accounts you have made, thank you for saying what many members should re read some of these post and see where they and we have all made mistakes
AMAZING !!! "They and we" have ALL made mistakes...the illegals, the legals, the 'pro-illegals', the 'anti-illegals', the KKK, MEChA....Sassyone too....we've ALL made mistakes, and, one supposes, we're thus 'all in this together'...All of us, that is, except karfar. Karfar alone, of "all of us", is ""right on every and all accounts".

Karfar, you're in a class by yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Your son can claim Hispanic.
Yes he can. I have made no attempt to influence his decision. He is equally entitled to acknowledge his dad's ethnicity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
AMAZING !!! "They and we" have ALL made mistakes...the illegals, the legals, the 'pro-illegals', the 'anti-illegals', the KKK, MEChA....Sassyone too....we've ALL made mistakes, and, one supposes, we're thus 'all in this together'...All of us, that is, except karfar. Karfar alone, of "all of us", is ""right on every and all accounts".

Karfar, you're in a class by yourself.
Indeed s/he is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, it's not an admission of "prejudice" -- it's an admission of being fed up with Spanish-speaking illegal aliens who arrogantly demand to be treated as legal citizens; have a delusional sense of entitlement; are stealing innocent citizens’ identities; are bankrupting states; are deliberately giving birth to ‘anchor babies’ to abuse our social services; etc., etc., etc……..

If said illegals were from Haiti, I would be equally disgusted. Perhaps you should take a good look in the mirror to see the face of prejudice.
Well since you claim to know Spanish and yet you are tired of hearing people speak it at all and are "disgusted" by it, I infer that you can identify it and knowingly are prejudice towards those who speak Spanish.

What if the wife and I were speaking Spanish to each other at Target, you hear us, and then we say "Hi Benicar, how are you?" Would you be nice knowing that we speak Spanish? (I will tell you we have met people that give us the Gas Face and refuse to say hi back, or reluctantly do).

I mean unless it directly effects you, why is it any of your business what people speak to each other in? My wife and I speak Spanish all the time at Target, Grocery store, Coffee Shop, etc. Why because we like to practice it, we don't speak Spanish at our jobs 90% of the time, so we choose to speak Spanish.

Work I can understand, but personal life, it doesn't effect you what language is being spoken. Unless you are equally "disgusted" by all foreign languages, then I would say please stay out of any major US city..

Last edited by Mach50; 08-24-2008 at 02:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 02:48 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 851,493 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
No, it's not an admission of "prejudice" -- it's an admission of being fed up with Spanish-speaking illegal aliens who arrogantly demand to be treated as legal citizens; have a delusional sense of entitlement; are stealing innocent citizens’ identities; are bankrupting states; are deliberately giving birth to ‘anchor babies’ to abuse our social services; etc., etc., etc……..

If said illegals were from Haiti, I would be equally disgusted. Perhaps you should take a good look in the mirror to see the face of prejudice.
Are you also fed up with Chinese-speaking illegals? Tagalog-speaking illegals? Somalian-speaking illegals? Wait a minute.. I thought illegal was illegal?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 03:01 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Well since you claim to know Spanish and yet you are tired of hearing people speak it at all and are "disgusted" by it, I infer that you can identify it and knowingly are prejudice towards those who speak Spanish.

What if the wife and I were speaking Spanish to each other at Target, you hear us, and then we say "Hi Benicar, how are you?" Would you be nice knowing that we speak Spanish? (I will tell you we have met people that give us the Gas Face and refuse to say hi back, or reluctantly do).

I mean unless it directly effects you, why is it any of your business what people speak to each other in? My wife and I speak Spanish all the time at Target, Grocery store, Coffee Shop, etc. Why because we like to practice it, we don't speak Spanish at our jobs 90% of the time, so we choose to speak Spanish.

Work I can understand, but personal life, it doesn't effect you what language is being spoken. Unless you are equally "disgusted" by all foreign languages, then I would say please stay out of any major US city..
Understand this:

As you have alluded to in the past: the prejudice against at least Mexican Spanish is growing. Due in part to the courtesy of the 'you-owe-me' attitudes that so many 'Hispanics' evince.

For God's sake: Mach50; fly under the Goddam radar----------your safety may depend on it.

BTW: the above is not a threat.............it is a warning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Well since you claim to know Spanish and yet you are tired of hearing people speak it at all and are "disgusted" by it, I infer that you can identify it and knowingly are prejudice towards those who speak Spanish.

What if the wife and I were speaking Spanish to each other at Target, you hear us, and then we say "Hi Benicar, how are you?" Would you be nice knowing that we speak Spanish? (I will tell you we have met people that give us the Gas Face and refuse to say hi back, or reluctantly do).

I mean unless it directly effects you, why is it any of your business what people speak to each other in? My wife and I speak Spanish all the time at Target, Grocery store, Coffee Shop, etc. Why because we like to practice it, we don't speak Spanish at our jobs 90% of the time, so we choose to speak Spanish.

Work I can understand, but personal life, it doesn't effect you what language is being spoken.
If you and your wife spoke directly to me in Spanish, it would be rude to ignore you. I was taught proper decorum at a very early age. It might shock you to know that one day I was in a store and coincidentally it happened to be Target. An elderly Spanish-speaking couple were having difficulty transacting a sale with the clerk. Without hesitation, I assisted them by translating. They were both shocked and appreciative.

No, I do not despise Spanish-speaking people, I am simply sick of illegal aliens; most of whom speak Spanish. The language is simply a reminder of this invasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 03:04 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 851,493 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Understand this:

As you have alluded to in the past: the prejudice against at least Mexican Spanish is growing. Due in part to the courtesy of the 'you-owe-me' attitudes that so many 'Hispanics' evince.

For God's sake: Mach50; fly under the Goddam radar----------your safety may depend on it.

BTW: the above is not a threat.............it is a warning.
As it turns out there are many Hispanic members on this board. I don't think many of us have the "you-owe-me" attitude. But a lot of Hispanics do. As well as Black people, for their ancestors slavery past I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top