U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 04:08 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,654,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
As it turns out there are many Hispanic members on this board. I don't think many of us have the "you-owe-me" attitude. But a lot of Hispanics do. As well as Black people, for their ancestors slavery past I guess.
Add some lower class Anglo Whites to that list as well.

The difference is being they speak English; fewer red flags arise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 04:11 PM

1,417 posts, read 854,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Add some lower class Anglo Whites to that list as well.

The difference is being they speak English; fewer red flags arise.
\

Are you telling me most Hispanics don't speak English?

Old 08-24-2008, 04:13 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times
Quote:
Are you also fed up with Chinese-speaking illegals? Tagalog-speaking illegals? Somalian-speaking illegals? Wait a minute.. I thought illegal was illegal?!
If I were bombarded with millions of illegals speaking ANY foreign language, I would be equally annoyed, in this country. As I've previously mentioned, if millions of Haitians were speaking French and making similar demands as the Hispanic illegals, I would feel the same. Yes, illegal is illegal, irrespective of race/ethnicity/language.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:14 PM

1,417 posts, read 854,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If I were bombarded with millions of illegals speaking ANY foreign language, I would be equally annoyed, in this country. As I've previously mentioned, if millions of Haitians were speaking French and making similar demands as the Hispanic illegals, I would feel the same. Yes, illegal is illegal, irrespective of race/ethnicity/language.
Ok... Just checking.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:15 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,180,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
as to why some of you continue to pretend that you're not just a little prejudice against hispanics? Seems to me that some of you, not naming names, are a little too, shall we say cowboy gung-ho? Some are quite comfortable laying prejudice & assumptions, and not to mention some absurd rude comments & all around crap about another race....Interesting,, because behind your keyboard making some ridiculous claims about others is pretty cowardly...just saying.
Wow-coming on here and broadly labeling people who want immigration laws enforced and law breakers sent home as racists and prejudiced. You are not going to name names-how very brave of you. And you have the nerve to accuse others of " cowardly hiding behind a keyboard"?

You have no LOGICAL argument to make so bring out the "racist" and "hater". That is quite original I must say.

For the millionth time-all illegal aliens-whereever they are from need to go home.

Last edited by nicolem; 08-24-2008 at 04:26 PM..

Old 08-24-2008, 04:24 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times
Quote:
As it turns out there are many Hispanic members on this board. I don't think many of us have the "you-owe-me" attitude. But a lot of Hispanics do. As well as Black people, for their ancestors slavery past I guess.
Most "legal" Hispanics do not have a sense of entitlement. They are generally hard-working and believe in 'earning' what they have. However, illegal alien Hispanics are cut from a different pattern. They overwhelmingly have an ingrate arrogant sense of entitlement, and appreciate nothing they have received from the generous U.S. taxpayers.

The black people you reference do not have a sense of entitlement due to past slavery. They have a sense of entitlement due to their own lack of ambition. There are faineant people in every race/ethnicity.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:26 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,487,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Understand this:

As you have alluded to in the past: the prejudice against at least Mexican Spanish is growing. Due in part to the courtesy of the 'you-owe-me' attitudes that so many 'Hispanics' evince.

For God's sake: Mach50; fly under the Goddam radar----------your safety may depend on it.

BTW: the above is not a threat.............it is a warning.
Sorry AZBear I am not willing to discard the language of my heritage because there are some wackos out there. My family are Americans, I served in the United States Navy to defend the right of free speech, free religion, etc.. and there are no laws saying we have to speak English when out in public.

I don't scare too easily, I am one of those guys who goes back to work in a NYC high rise the day after 9/11 and takes the subway there. I am done worrying about wackos, I have learned that much.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:32 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,905,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yes they are, with the exception of a few (AZBear, Macmeal, Donthate)

Guy admits it, and it is pretty blatant about generalizations.

Benicar has even said she doesn't like hearing Spanish at all anymore, I would say that admits prejudice.

Some of the new members like JDubsMom are plain out obvious, she has been caught multiple times showing her prejudice. Especially like the one where she made the mistake of posting crime of 2 guys from Guam and calling the Mexicans.
Boo, hoo, it deeply saddens me that you view me as a racist. The fact that you justify your opinion based on me "making a mistake" by calling someone from Guam a Mexican pretty much confirms your theory . . . NOT

If only all of you had a mirror, you might be able to point that finger of declaration at your own racist selves. The fact that you get upset when the TRUTH COMPLETE WITH LINKS, is a self explanatory reason for us to dislike illegal aliens, those of you who can't accept the truth about people you happen to share a race/ethnicity with typically call those who aren't a racist. Don't you think its time to start formulating a new trump card? The old one has been declared invalid in America.

People who run out of reasons to defend the indefensible always play the race card. I'm looking at you, AMC, Californio, sassyone and the rest of your gang who seem to have lost touch with reality.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:35 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,487,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Boo, hoo, it deeply saddens me that you view me as a racist. The fact that you justify your opinion based on me "making a mistake" by calling someone from Guam a Mexican pretty much confirms your theory . . . NOT

If only all of you had a mirror, you might be able to point that finger of declaration at your own racist selves. The fact that you get upset when the TRUTH COMPLETE WITH LINKS, is a self explanatory reason for us to dislike illegal aliens, those of you who can't accept the truth about people you happen to share a race/ethnicity with typically call those who aren't a racist. Don't you think its time to start formulating a new trump card? The old one has been declared invalid in America.

People who run out of reasons to defend the indefensible always play the race card. I'm looking at you, AMC, Californio, sassyone and the rest of your gang who seem to have lost touch with reality.
Ok that is you and Benicar that have turned the racist word back on to me, yet you dislike being called racist (which I didn't call you, I said "prejudice").

So please, show me 1 example where I have been racist, just 1.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:40 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,905,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Wow-coming on here and broadly labeling people who want immigration laws enforced and law breakers sent home as racists and prejudiced. You are not going to name names-how very brave of you. And you have the nerve to accuse others of " cowardly hiding behind a keyboard"?

You have no LOGICAL argument to make so bring out the "racist" and "hater". That is quite original I must say.

For the millionth time-all illegal aliens-whereever they are from need to go home.
Agreed. I'm racist because I post articles that unmasks the abundant criminal element that negates the lies of all of those who claim they are here doing the jobs Americans won't do.

Funny thing about their synopsis, when there are articles that relate to illegal aliens who are not Mexican they don't comment. But of course it's my fault that the majority of the articles feature illegal aliens of Mexican descent. Forget about the reality that the majority of illegal aliens comitting crimes are from Mexico.

Makes sense doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration