U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 04:33 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, those entering our country illegally know they are violating our laws. Funny, they have no problem "dividing a family" to come here. They are wasting their time with these sob stories. I feel nothing but contempt for illegal aliens.
Great point, Benicar . . . however, that point doesn't carry quite the same Boo Hoo impact, does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 06:23 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,032,296 times
They took their chances, they lost. I for one am really dumbfounded as to why the US is more responsible for the citizens of other countries then those citizens own government. Why is the US the bad guy here...why no criticism of Mexico for being such a craphole they depend on exporting their poor?

Old 08-24-2008, 06:33 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
If their lives really were shattered, what about the self-deportees?
That's just it. Articles like this one are far too drama-queen. It would be the same for an American illegally in Mexico enjoying his time there to be deported -- and it happens often enough.

There are sometimes mixed emotions in the deportees. On one hand they now have some decisions to make -- go back to the home-folk? stay where they've re-entered and look for a job there -- often that may be on the border where wages might be higher, or attempt to re-enter the USA illegally.

Some illegals simply return home and decide to rebuild their lives in their hometowns and for many they only recently left and that's not too hard to do at all. Some just go back to the jobs they had before, Mexico's unemployment rate is significantly lower than ours. They might work at a maquila in a border town earning relatively decent wages as far as Mexico goes.

The best thing, they are no longer illegal, no longer undocumented. Many never learned English and there's a certain freedom in living in the country where they speak your language.

Some decide the prefer Mexico when it's all said and done -- it might not be as high paying but they have their family and friends, their way of life. Come Semana Santa, they may take a vacation to the ocean like they always did or maybe didn't but always wanted to.

And one of the better things, many illegals picked up some skills in the USA, they may now a little English, they've seen far away places. They may have learned to drive a tractor and operate farm machinery or they may have learned to use more sophisticated machines and techniques than they had an opportunity before to see. The reality is -- they could be an asset if the Mexican government could manage to see it that way instead of looking only at the short term profits of remittances.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:43 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,581,981 times
I read the whole article. It seems to me that now the wretches in Mexico City are going to be forced to deal with this problem. For too long these shysters have been using America as it's garbage disposal--flushing its poor and uneducated into America so Mexico doesn't have to deal with its problems. Well, now it's time to pay the piper. Perhaps these scum running the Mexican "government" will do something, anything to turn their toilet they call a "country" into something resembling such.

And I'm with the rest of the posters...we're supposed to be all doe-eyed because these people who have pi$$ed in our faces and on our laws for decades suddenly have to face the music? I get so sick of these limp-wristed bleeding hearts who seem to think that laws are merely "suggestions". They'll freak out over a racial epithet, but they won't stand up for the laws of their nation. What a bunch of sick fruits.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:43 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasTraveler View Post
Where is a Doroteo Arango Arámbula when one needs a good greaser!!
Whoa, cool!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:57 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Once again these deported illegals are not our concern nor our problem. They ceased to be our problem once they were deported back to nation of origin.
We can empathize, we can sympathize but regardless of what happens it is not our burden.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:40 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,940,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yahoo News article (broken link)

The above illegals gambled------and, lost.

The ICE hammer continues to fall..................
when i read the first few paragraphs of that article, i thought that it was incredibly biased in the illegals' favor. instead of saying that every person that passed through the TJ gate was proof that a country's rule of law was being enforced and justice being served, the author stressed the broken dreams, split families, etc. that was pretty unfair and biased, imo. i think that the next article should be about what TJ and mexico are doing to accomodate their now deported fellow countrymen. perhaps these newly deported ppl and "the power of the investigative press" could demand better treatment and assimilation into their new surroundings from the local TJ and national mexican gov't?

Old 08-25-2008, 06:36 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
when i read the first few paragraphs of that article, i thought that it was incredibly biased in the illegals' favor. instead of saying that every person that passed through the TJ gate was proof that a country's rule of law was being enforced and justice being served, the author stressed the broken dreams, split families, etc. that was pretty unfair and biased, imo. i think that the next article should be about what TJ and mexico are doing to accomodate their now deported fellow countrymen. perhaps these newly deported ppl and "the power of the investigative press" could demand better treatment and assimilation into their new surroundings from the local TJ and national mexican gov't?

True. Now it's up to Mexico and it's government to step up to the plate. They need to do something for their citizens, make them feel welcomed and comfortable.

If Mexicans returning home view their homeland as some kind of hell -- that should get Calderon moving into action. Why aren't Mexicans kissing the ground as they step out onto it? Why don't they have that feeling we have for our country, our homeland? That's not our fault.

Or maybe the returnees ought to start taking the bull by the horns, get to work and make their country less a living hell. What do they think it is for all the Mexicans who didn't manage to get illegally into the USA? If it's that bad fix it.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:40 AM

5,612 posts, read 13,236,060 times
I have no sympathy for deportees. There are ways to come here legally. There are families who wait years to come here legally. Why should Mexicans be allowed to come here illegally just because they can walk in? They know it's dangerous to try to come here, but that doesn't stop them. I think the worst it is to get in and when they are returned, the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or