Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 01:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
TIJUANA, Mexico - The towering black gate opens silently to an alley with walls of corrugated metal. Scrawled in large white letters on one wall is: "The End."
Yahoo News article (broken link)

The above illegals gambled------and, lost.

The ICE hammer continues to fall..................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 01:54 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
The faces of those who stream through reflect how tough and far-reaching the U.S. crackdown on illegal immigration has become.
Among them are young people. There were more than 18,000 repatriations of children under 18 to Mexico this year, and in more than 10,000 cases they were alone, according to the Mexican government.
There are also criminals. HUH?????
The U.S. does not break down figures by country, but it has deported about 55,000 prisoners so far this year. One man walked through the gate in slippers with 80 cents in his pocket, after being picked up by police during a violent fight with his wife in their backyard.
And there are women, with more than 40,000 repatriations since January — about 13 percent of all cases, according to the Mexican government. Sometimes the women are dropped off alone, at night. The U.S. Border Patrol in Washington says the safe repatriation of women is a major concern, but acknowledges there is no overall policy along the 2,000-mile border.
Boo freakin' hoo . . . . somebody pass me the kleenex. When did Yahoo become a whiny IA sympathizer? As far as I'm concerned THEY ARE ALL CRIMINALS.

Hopefully this batch and the batches waiting in the wings for deportation will understand that there really are consequences to their actions and what is happening to them IS THEIR OWN FAULT.

Great Article Az!

Old 08-24-2008, 01:59 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Boo freakin' hoo . . . . somebody pass me the kleenex. When did Yahoo become a whiny IA sympathizer? As far as I'm concerned THEY ARE ALL CRIMINALS.

Hopefully this batch and the batches waiting in the wings for deportation will understand that there really are consequences to their actions and what is happening to them IS THEIR OWN FAULT.

Great Article Az!
I agree with you.

Sad admittedly; but, Mexico brought much of this upon its own people

Old 08-24-2008, 02:03 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
And I hold the Mexican government 100% accountable for all the pain and suffering of its deported citizens.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I agree with you.

Sad admittedly; but, Mexico brought much of this upon its own people
Agreed. The rest is the fault of those who willfully broke the law and proceeded to commit further crimes in their pursuit to rape and pillage America.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:09 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

Great Article Az!
Gladly.....

Quote:
Every time the gate slams shut, it wipes out a dream, divides a family, ends a life lived in the shadows of the law.
No, those entering our country illegally know they are violating our laws. Funny, they have no problem "dividing a family" to come here. They are wasting their time with these sob stories. I feel nothing but contempt for illegal aliens.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Gladly.....

No, those entering our country illegally know they are violating our laws. Funny, they have no problem "dividing a family" to come here. They are wasting their time with these sob stories. I feel nothing but contempt for illegal aliens.

*sniff, sniff* thanks Benicar. Actually, in all honesty, the absurdity of the article, had me laughing so hard I started crying.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:52 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
If their lives really were shattered, what about the self-deportees?

Old 08-24-2008, 03:53 PM

795 posts, read 2,298,808 times
Talking dont like your nest - clean it up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Mexico brought much of this upon its own people
Where is a Doroteo Arango Arámbula when one needs a good greaser!!

Old 08-24-2008, 04:28 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
And I hold the Mexican government 100% accountable for all the pain and suffering of its deported citizens.
I could not agree more, High Springs.

The Corrupt Mexican Leaders not only encouraged but, in many cases, subsidized the ILLEGAL INVASION of this country with little or no concern for their own citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration