U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-04-2007, 05:25 PM
 
1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
Reputation: 462

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
Way back when it actually was, but America bought a bunch of territories from Mexico.

And they became states of America after the purchase.
America kicked Santa Anna's BUTT and purchased the land. Mexico started the fight and lost so, it's been America since and now as dutchie put it they want it back she just didn't say it in those exact words.
Look at the population of California must be 70 percent Hispanic if that's not invasion then, you better wake up. Mexico will take it back with out firing a shot and most are looking the other way and letting it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-04-2007, 06:09 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,886,193 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
America kicked Santa Anna's BUTT and purchased the land. Mexico started the fight and lost so, it's been America since and now as dutchie put it they want it back she just didn't say it in those exact words.
Look at the population of California must be 70 percent Hispanic if that's not invasion then, you better wake up. Mexico will take it back with out firing a shot and most are looking the other way and letting it happen.
I know, I know, and that still doesn't make me look down upon it enough to not want to move there.

I just can't say anything, I know if I take the neutral stance I'm going to hear it from both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2007, 06:16 PM
 
989 posts, read 5,325,289 times
Reputation: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Look at the population of California must be 70 percent Hispanic if that's not invasion then, you better wake up. .
I don't want to live under Mexican culture. I WANT to live like an American. Is this racist? No.

Yeah, seriously wake up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2007, 08:06 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;335818
Look at the population of California must be 70 percent Hispanic.
Does this honestly bother you?! This reveals more an issue than just illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2007, 09:55 AM
 
1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
Reputation: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Does this honestly bother you?! This reveals more an issue than just illegal immigrants.
Yeah, it reveals their up to something and people like you are burying your head in the sand ignoring it. Until, you wake up one day and see that California is 100 percent Hispanic. Do you even go to the websites that show what they are up to? Have you seen flyer's in Mexico stating go to America we will win it back without firing a shot?
Just wonder how many of those illegals are actually working or are drug runners and gang members.
They have found that the grounds between Idaho and Oregon grow excellent pot so, now we have many pot gardens and when caught guess what their Hispanic. But, I guess that is a racist remark!! I know that others grow it also, but these are known Mexicans and they have caught them before. So, they are not all here to work in the fields, at least not, fruit and vegetables!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2007, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Yeah, it reveals their up to something and people like you are burying your head in the sand ignoring it. Until, you wake up one day and see that California is 100 percent Hispanic. Do you even go to the websites that show what they are up to? Have you seen flyer's in Mexico stating go to America we will win it back without firing a shot?
Just wonder how many of those illegals are actually working or are drug runners and gang members.
They have found that the grounds between Idaho and Oregon grow excellent pot so, now we have many pot gardens and when caught guess what their Hispanic. But, I guess that is a racist remark!! I know that others grow it also, but these are known Mexicans and they have caught them before. So, they are not all here to work in the fields, at least not, fruit and vegetables!!
I can just see all the illegals here and soon to be here just siting back and LOVING the people that support them, calling them Suckers. America has NO IDEA what it is in store for, it isnt going to be pretty either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2007, 10:38 AM
 
146 posts, read 530,061 times
Reputation: 180
Default American Culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Does this honestly bother you?! This reveals more an issue than just illegal immigrants.
First, "Hispanic" isn't a race. BERRIES appears concerned about the erosion of the American culture and its replacement with one that is third-world Hispanic. Illegal aliens (not immigrants) are not assimilating into the American culture and this failure has profound negative consequences for our (our, DUSEAN) culture and country.

It's my belief that all illegal aliens, every single one of them, should be deported, carte blanche, back to where they came from, but if they're allowed to stay, these criminals should assimilate. Speak English, embrace the tenets of the Founding Fathers and get to work. What many people, of all ethnic stripes, are seeing is the appearance of large Hispanic ghettos filled with non-English speaking third world inhabitants.

I for one, don't know what's worse, the presence of illegal aliens or the large organized groups of Hispanics defending their failure to assimilate. Either way, I feel assaulted. BERRIES has a right to voice concern without you suggesting an ugly motive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2007, 03:00 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,886,193 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by english_teacher View Post
First, "Hispanic" isn't a race. BERRIES appears concerned about the erosion of the American culture and its replacement with one that is third-world Hispanic. Illegal aliens (not immigrants) are not assimilating into the American culture and this failure has profound negative consequences for our (our, DUSEAN) culture and country.

It's my belief that all illegal aliens, every single one of them, should be deported, carte blanche, back to where they came from, but if they're allowed to stay, these criminals should assimilate. Speak English, embrace the tenets of the Founding Fathers and get to work. What many people, of all ethnic stripes, are seeing is the appearance of large Hispanic ghettos filled with non-English speaking third world inhabitants.

I for one, don't know what's worse, the presence of illegal aliens or the large organized groups of Hispanics defending their failure to assimilate. Either way, I feel assaulted. BERRIES has a right to voice concern without you suggesting an ugly motive.
You can't force anyone it's against their constitutional rights to be forced into something they don't want to do!

And yes I know the constitution doesn't apply to non-Americans, but yet, people think it does. So they get all the protection of the constitution as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2007, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Small patch of terra firma
1,275 posts, read 2,123,814 times
Reputation: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
And yes I know the constitution doesn't apply to non-Americans, but yet, people think it does. So they get all the protection of the constitution as well.
Really? Where did you get the idea that it doesnt? Have you read the following statement by Senator Howard, 39th Congress, May 23rd, 1866, when he spoke of the 14th amendment and stated:

"The last two clauses of the first section of the amendment disable a State from depriving not merely a citizen of the United States, but any person, whoever he may be, of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, or from denying to him the equal protection of the laws of the State.”

Hmm, an amendment to the Constitution that also provided protection to non-citizens… maybe this is why some people think the Constitution does apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2007, 04:41 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,886,193 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Really? Where did you get the idea that it doesnt? Have you read the following statement by Senator Howard, 39th Congress, May 23rd, 1866, when he spoke of the 14th amendment and stated:

"The last two clauses of the first section of the amendment disable a State from depriving not merely a citizen of the United States, but any person, whoever he may be, of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, or from denying to him the equal protection of the laws of the State.”

Hmm, an amendment to the Constitution that also provided protection to non-citizens… maybe this is why some people think the Constitution does apply.
As my astronomy teacher taught me, when you're wrong you're wrong!

And no, I'm not going to get mad because I was wrong. I am, I am!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top