U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 12:59 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,085,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Just curious. Why are you here? You have recently started popping in and out to ‘discharge’ sundry insults at the regular posters on this board. Is this YOUR form of masturbation?
nope, just looking for some comic relief.

you guys offer plenty of that.

thanks for asking...

or were you really just parading your sarcasm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 01:11 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
nope, just looking for some comic relief.

you guys offer plenty of that.

thanks for asking...

or were you really just parading your sarcasm?
Perhaps your time would be better spent preparing for La Migra. Glad you enjoy the forum. Jump in, the water is warm.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:15 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,797,810 times
Quote:
Perhaps your time would be better spent preparing for La Migra. Glad you enjoy the forum. Jump in, the water is warm.
LOL, you guys are something else.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:03 PM

la migra? prep for them? what?

Quote:
the

one

Old 08-26-2008, 04:31 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,002,750 times
Quote:
la migra? prep for them? what?

the

one
Yeah, forgot to mention.

If you are Latino, and disagree with some of these people, they suspect you are an illegal, or a "dreamie".

Old 08-26-2008, 04:38 PM

ya, they keep on telling me to go back to my mexican bridge! i dont get it. it becomes very emotional for them. they make things real personal. its hard to take them seriously to begin with, then they start in on trips like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Yeah, forgot to mention.

If you are Latino, and disagree with some of these people, they suspect you are an illegal, or a "dreamie".

Old 08-26-2008, 05:27 PM

13,069 posts, read 21,205,087 times
Quote:
ya, they keep on telling me to go back to my mexican bridge! i dont get it. it becomes very emotional for them. they make things real personal. its hard to take them seriously to begin with, then they start in on trips like this.
I find it hard to take someone with your vernacular too seriously either, so I guess it all evens out.

BTW - there are two buttons on your keyboard (one on either side, for your convenience) they say "shift" - you might want to experiment with them, you might discover some cool new tricks!

Old 08-26-2008, 05:27 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,630,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Yeah, forgot to mention.

Don't let that bother you. I like to cook, have a keen sense of color and design, I garden, and I'm VERY good to my mother....and they think I'm GAY !.......

Old 08-26-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I find it hard to take someone with your vernacular too seriously either, so I guess it all evens out.

BTW - there are two buttons on your keyboard (one on either side, for your convenience) they say "shift" - you might want to experiment with them, you might discover some cool new tricks!

says the person who uses numbers in the place of letters...

attacking my writing is silly. i get my point across pretty well. come for my ideas and thoughts, not my diction or grammar.

you totally contradicted yourself...

h8 on, h8ers

Old 08-26-2008, 06:13 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,002,750 times
Quote:

Wow, so that's how you debate? You critique people's grammar?
I laughed at this post just like I laughed at this one I saw earlier:

Quote:
If you are opposed to ignorance, then let me set the record straight for your convenience....

When referring to someone being "pro" anything, it means they are "for". When they are against something, then they are "anti", not "non". Ergo, you would use the term "anti ignorance".
(hyphens(-) are just as useful as shift buttons)

This is hardly a formal setting where one has to type PERFECTLY...an online message board is as casual and informal as it gets.

But if it makes you feel smarter to point out typos, or be a grammar nazi, then that's cool, too.
But it doesnt make me take you very seriously, and it kind of makes you look like an ass. Just saying.

While we're on the subject, though.......
Quote:
This sentence is kind of akward itself. Couldn't you have thought of something that fits better than "either" when you're making a post criticizing someone's grammar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration