Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:19 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
these people are paranoid! and have a bunch of conspiracy theories. so to them you are probaly an incarnation of another poster. or maybe you are one with multiple identities. they think you are the same as another poster. thats just one of their conspiracy theories. the others involve civil war in LA. an illegal invasion. and most comical, a take over by mexcians and islamists!!!

and all along only 1 bright individual actually adressed the topic at hand.

interesting.

these folks, involved in mutual masturbation are the only ones who drive these threads. the same 3 posters. all repping each other. stroking eachother.

with that said. its good to see that immigrants are acheiving their dreams. good for them. i applaud all those law abiding citizens who want to better their community. its good to see them and their offspring become productive citizens of this country of ours.

it will only get better.
Just curious. Why are you here? You have recently started popping in and out to ‘discharge’ sundry insults at the regular posters on this board. Is this YOUR form of masturbation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 05:40 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Just curious. Why are you here? You have recently started popping in and out to ‘discharge’ sundry insults at the regular posters on this board. Is this YOUR form of masturbation?
Ew. thanks a lot Benicar ---- now I need a penicillon shot

Old 08-25-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Ew. thanks a lot Benicar ---- now I need a penicillon shot
I just took an antibiotic, cleaned my screen, and ran a virus scan on my computer. Yuck!

Old 08-25-2008, 06:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Hmmmmmmm...........one does not need a master baiter for catfish.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:24 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
Hmm. Interesting message from Mach. Perhaps we can clear this up. At no point has anyone posted any kind of a link, an article (other than from LaRaza), a study, a video (other than the ladies in pink berets), anything which would make this poster change her mind. I personally would love it if someone could change my mind and show me I'm wrong, and when I finally get fed up and bring it to those who post glib little non-substantive, meritless snipes about white kids and white people, I am met with feigned self-righteous indignation and continuing lack of proof.

Bring it--show me--relieve my mind that I do not have to explain to my son why one race of people are granted complete immunity from committing crimes AND given a free ride for healthcare, education, support, all at the expense of American jobs which are just collateral damage to you I guess. Show me why Barack Obama is perfectly okay pandering to illegal immigrants at the expense of the very law enforcement he will lead.

I'm not going to put up glib, non-substantive, meritless snipes. I am not concerned about one race or another. I am concerned about the continuation of America as an actual country. So bring it. Prove me wrong. Show me. And I'll be the one to go while you all continue on.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Hmm. Interesting message from Mach. Perhaps we can clear this up. At no point has anyone posted any kind of a link, an article (other than from LaRaza), a study, a video (other than the ladies in pink berets), anything which would make this poster change her mind. I personally would love it if someone could change my mind and show me I'm wrong, and when I finally get fed up and bring it to those who post glib little non-substantive, meritless snipes about white kids and white people, I am met with feigned self-righteous indignation and continuing lack of proof.

Bring it--show me--relieve my mind that I do not have to explain to my son why one race of people are granted complete immunity from committing crimes AND given a free ride for healthcare, education, support, all at the expense of American jobs which are just collateral damage to you I guess. Show me why Barack Obama is perfectly okay pandering to illegal immigrants at the expense of the very law enforcement he will lead.

I'm not going to put up glib, non-substantive, meritless snipes. I am not concerned about one race or another. I am concerned about the continuation of America as an actual country. So bring it. Prove me wrong. Show me. And I'll be the one to go while you all continue on.
BTW: despite some of his denials; Mach50 is probably as 'White' (1/2 Irish, 1/4 Catalan [an ethnic minority in Spain] and 1/4 Mexican, I am guessing Mestizo, not full Indian) as our Kele.......she is 1/8 Apache.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:01 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Hmm.

I couldn't help overhearing.....my take on this is that you won't hear any convincing, rational reasons to change your mind about this...nor are you likely to...for the simple reason that there ARE none. Whatever 'compassionate' or 'humanitarian' reasons that once MIGHT have excused some amount of 'looking the other way' in this matter,(i,e., illegal immigration), became obsolete years ago.

Today, the situation has gotten totally ludicrous, the 'beneficiaries' of any compassion (Remember, we've had SEVERAL amnesties already), have LONG AGO changed from gratitude to resentment, and the situation can no longer be defended with a 'straight face. Amnesty doesn't produce gratitude, it produces 'entitlement' and the expectation of MORE amnesties...for ever.

When people have rationality and 'reason' on their side, they don't need to 'shout, threaten, whine, and yell'....their position can be stated calmly and rationally and without 'rage and anger'....But when people KNOW they're backing an indefensible position, whose side has no credibilty, the 'wild accusations' begin...in this case, baseless charges that being against illegals is "mean, selfish, racist, unAmerican, contrary to our traditions, xenophobic, hateful" etc etc etc etc.

Under these circumstances, it's extremely unlikely you'll hear a calm and rational argument that will 'change your mind'...if that's what you're looking for. There really ARE no rational arguments...that's why the 'emotions' get put into play.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I couldn't help overhearing.....my take on this is that you won't hear any convincing, rational reasons to change your mind about this...nor are you likely to...for the simple reason that there ARE none. Whatever 'compassionate' or 'humanitarian' reasons that once MIGHT have excused some amount of 'looking the other way' in this matter,(i,e., illegal immigration), became obsolete years ago.

Today, the situation has gotten totally ludicrous, the 'beneficiaries' of any compassion (Remember, we've had SEVERAL amnesties already), have LONG AGO changed from gratitude to resentment, and the situation can no longer be defended with a 'straight face. Amnesty doesn't produce gratitude, it produces 'entitlement' and the expectation of MORE amnesties...for ever.

When people have rationality and 'reason' on their side, they don't need to 'shout, threaten, whine, and yell'....their position can be stated calmly and rationally and without 'rage and anger'....But when people KNOW they're backing an indefensible position, whose side has no credibilty, the 'wild accusations' begin...in this case, baseless charges that being against illegals is "mean, selfish, racist, unAmerican, contrary to our traditions, xenophobic, hateful" etc etc etc etc.

Under these circumstances, it's extremely unlikely you'll hear a calm and rational argument that will 'change your mind'...if that's what you're looking for. There really ARE no rational arguments...that's why the 'emotions' get put into play.
VERY well stated. In all honesty, I really don’t envy pro-illegals. It must be a miserable existence to feel compelled to defend something that is inherently wrong. I can only imagine the internal conflict for those who do in fact possess a conscience.

I suspect some of our recent forum “departees” are simply no longer able to grapple with the dichotomy.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:28 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
VERY well stated. In all honesty, I really don’t envy pro-illegals. It must be a miserable existence to feel compelled to defend something that is inherently wrong. I can only imagine the internal conflict for those who do in fact possess a conscience.

I suspect some of our recent forum “departees” are simply no longer able to grapple with the dichotomy.
Reminds me of the feeling I've had for YEARS whenever I run into an extreme 'left-wing' type...(and here in Cal,., I'm surrounded by them). It's something I almost NEVER say out loud, but it comes up in MOST of these 'conversations'....I find myself saying, in a little voice inside, "man, you cannot POSSIBLY really believe the stuff you're saying...and I KNOW you'd never 'live it' in your OWN private life".

It's just a 'feeling', mind you....but your post reminds me of myself. Perhaps, as you suggest, some of these folks could just no longer convince themselves that what they said, and the points they were pushing, were rational.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:55 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Reminds me of the feeling I've had for YEARS whenever I run into an extreme 'left-wing' type...(and here in Cal,., I'm surrounded by them). It's something I almost NEVER say out loud, but it comes up in MOST of these 'conversations'....I find myself saying, in a little voice inside, "man, you cannot POSSIBLY really believe the stuff you're saying...and I KNOW you'd never 'live it' in your OWN private life".

It's just a 'feeling', mind you....but your post reminds me of myself. Perhaps, as you suggest, some of these folks could just no longer convince themselves that what they said, and the points they were pushing, were rational.
I know what you mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration